DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL 2010

Red2111

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a bad feeling that being a Cowboy fan is going to make for a long season this year. Or worse yet, a short one.

Here's what you need to do Hoppy. Get all the Cowboy's fans you know to flood Jerry Jones office with emails demanding Nick Saban as head coach. Come next year, problem solved. (I actually hate the Cowboys, but if it gets Little Nicky outta Tuscaloosa I'll even make a sizeable donation.)

I do not want the evil lord of the south coach my Cowboys! I was sort of hoping they would make Cowfer an offer he couldn't refuse. Of course, if we're looking at the college ranks, I really wouldn't mind Ferentz.

typically dont college coaches do bad when they try to coach a pro team?

i always here bubba tell of more bad examples than good :unsure:

That usually is true. Ferentz has coached in the NFL and I think if he had strong coordinators he would do well in the league. For a while, he was always named at the top of the list when new jobs came open but he has made it pretty clear that he won't leave Iowa. Good and bad. Good because I'm a lifelong diehard Iowa fan, bad because Dallas really, really needs somebody better.

It also always seems that when college coaches are hired into the league, it's usually teams that are really bad and have little talent that hire them. Dallas has the talent and potential to be really good. Super bowl good. I just think that it's the coaching and discipline that are the problem. A coaching change there could make a much bigger impact than it would on a team like the Rams where they just didn't have a good talent base.

Dallas has the talent and potential to be really good. Super bowl good. I just think that it's the coaching and discipline that are the problem.

i can't agree with the thought of getting a better coach will save the team. as bubba likes to say "an offense wins games, but a defense wins super bowls" however when you have a QB like Romo who tends to choke under pressure and flat line in the play offs, well you could have the best team in the world and a great coach and still not make it there.

the other problem would be an intrusive and sufficating owner ... take the deadskins for instance. because their owner is a .... well because the players & fans don't liek their owner they wont go to the Super Bowl just to spite him.

so the discipline problem you talk abotu might come frim an isse the players have with the owner lol

i can't agree with the thought of getting a better coach will save the team. as bubba likes to say "an offense wins games, but a defense wins super bowls" however when you have a QB like Romo who tends to choke under pressure and flat line in the play offs, well you could have the best team in the world and a great coach and still not make it there.

the other problem would be an intrusive and sufficating owner ... take the deadskins for instance. because their owner is a .... well because the players & fans don't liek their owner they wont go to the Super Bowl just to spite him.

so the discipline problem you talk abotu might come frim an isse the players have with the owner lol

I would agree with the owner part except for the fact that Jerry has 3 super bowl wins as the owner. that's why I think it's more of a coaching issue. They have the personnel to be a dominant defense though I would like it if they had a better secondary. I think Romo is good enough, he's certainly no Aikman or Starbauch but good enough. I still think it's mostly a discipline issue. If you look at the problems they've had from a mistake and effort issue, Wade and Garrett's best year was the first year. The year after Parcells left and the players still had the habits he left with them. It's gotten progressively worse since.

Here's food for thought.

Would the 49ers have had a better shot at winning Monday night if they don't get the two point conversion and have to go for the onsides kick?

I actually had that thought at the time it happened. I'd take Brees as my quarterback for a game winning drive over any other quarterback in the league right now. I considered the Saints had about a 85% chance of winning that game once the 49ers tied it.

So, yeah, in reality, the tie game was the best bet for them, but with only a little hyperbole, they might have had a better shot having to recover an onsides kick and drive for their own game winner.

I hate the Vikings. They are so overrated. I can't turn on the radio or turn on the tv without hearing about Favre or Hank Basket or now Randy Moss. I remember when Favre was playing his games preseason and he had a press conference and they interupted my prime time television for his press conference. I was so angry. Who cares if he comes back or not? He's washed up.

Anyway my Boys are going to have homefield advantage for the Superbowl this season XD I'm calling it now.

*snickers* your boys have the odds stacked against them. it's relaly hard for a team that started their season 0-2 to make it to the super bowl, aside from Romo choking on pressure during the playoff's. though it will be nice to see the saints beat your boys on thanksgiving :laugh: and then win another Bowl in Dallas :cool:

of course with Bush, Pierre and now Ivey out :unsure: this sucks!!!

meh, don't hate the team because they have a narcassist for a QB; he'll be gone next year (hopefully) which is all for the better :tongue:

Archived