DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL 2010

Red2111

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think that it's funny how the Jets have yet to talk smack to the Steelers... Rex Ryan was even very complementary and respectful when he was asked about Big Ben.

No reason to. With the Colts and the Pats, there was a level of fear there; half of the reason they talked was the need to convince themselves they could beat the team that ended their season last year and stomped em this year - plus the hate for the Pats (note, the Jets didn't "talk trash" to the Colts; the closest thing was Rex saying it was personal to him because Peyton's the best QB in the game and he's beaten Rex so often . . .*gasp, such disrespect!*).

The Jets beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh this year already (so no psychological need to make predictions of victory, since they already know they can win) and there's no rivalry based animosity between the two teams. So why would they talk trash? The Jets, to a man, believe they're better than the Steelers - and the Steelers, to a man, believe they're better than the Jets. That's as it should be.

Elend, I feel your pain. I wanted the Rams to beat the Seahacks for many reasons. I didn't expect a grand tamale out of the playoffs, but it would be nice to have seen them rewarded for all the effort this season. I can't help but wonder what happens without the injuries to Avery, Clayton, and Robinson. Oh well, on to the draft!!

The irony here being that Kiv is a Jets fan and he totally wrote them off!

Me? No I didn't :biggrin:

BTW, Jackson - do you post over at Patsfans.com?

Yeah I totally read that wrong. Go Jets/Steelers BTW, I hate the Pack and Bears with the fires of the Dark One.

well, this weekend turned out like I thought. I don't really have a dog in this fight, any team I cared for has long since been knocked out. If I had to pick a winner right now, I'd say Pittsburgh. Not really fond of them, and I'm merely ambivalent to Green Bay, so I suppose I'll root for GB. I dunno.

Wish football would get over so more college hoops would be front and center. :D

Finally picked a round completely correct. For the super bowl... I'm taking the Packers. They're going to be in another inside controlled environment, and I think that it is goin to come down to the QBs and I think Rodgers out duels Roethlesberger.

Archived