DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL 2010

Red2111

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

The raiders have drafted and altered their team to stop the run better...

First Game - Chris Johnson 142 yards 2 TDs

....its gunna be another painful year..

I have a feeling that you could put Peyton Manning in Oakland and you would still lose. There are fundemental problems there. I was at this game and Oakland looked horrible.

Week 1: Pats win, Jets lose

:D

I was at that game. Pathetic. The Jets absolutely killed themselves with penalties - they played more than well enough to win. And losing Jenkins hurts more than losing the game.

That said . . . those refs were possibly the worst in the league. So many phantom penalties giving the Ravens first downs (including the "pass interference" on Wilson that put the ball on the 1 yard line for Baltimore's only score - replays showed there was no penalty)

I have a feeling that you could put Peyton Manning in Oakland and you would still lose. There are fundemental problems there. I was at this game and Oakland looked horrible.

The simple problem is we drafted rubbish for years.

We drafted Russell, we drafted McFadden with a rubbish O Line, drafted heyward-bey when we really needed a possession receiver.

I don't get to see the Raiders play alot living in England as we can only get what Sky choose/late game on Sunday and are they going to choose the Raiders much...nah..

Oh well, I have Chris Johnson in the Bands Fantasy American Football! I doubt we could run the ball effectively with him either. Hmmm, I reckon we would stand a chance with Peyton @ QB. Mainly cuz he would probably get them doing something right and call his own plays :P

okay off topic a bit, but aren't you guys just loving these new Direct TV ads!!

now on topic ... what was with the 'boys losing to the deadskins ... at FedEx Feild of all places :blink: the skins rarely win against dallas at home. *looks around for flying pigs*

and the texans beat the colts ... again, something that almost never happens

did ya'll see Vick!! i don't like the man personally, and i've never been a fan of the eagles; but i have to admire his skills as a QB. in the little i watched i saw him get 2 first downs and there was also a play where he was open to run in a touch down but chose to throw it instead.

the Saints could have played better, they seemed off a bit. if they play like that the rest of the season we wont make it very far for sure.

sucks that Ivey is hurt for the rest of the season; i hope they keep him cause he had LOTS of promise as a RB.

Farve seemed a bit timid of our D though. didn't seem like he was all that comfy in the pocket and didn't hang onto the ball as long as i normally see him.

WOOT to Remy Ayodele for blocking the kick and the sack on Farve :)

what shook Farve was when he almost threw that 2nd interception; he's lucky the saints reciever landed out of bounds, and just barely at that.

good game, though both teams didn't feel liek they were playing that hard; i'm looking forward to the Falcons game next monday, i hope the saints can do it again *nods*

I know! The Cowboys could have won if #71 had been not been getting

beat off the line all night long resulting in his propention for

strangling the opposing defensive lineman. The Ravens' and Jet's

defense looked exceptional but you could tell the Jets were missing

Santonio Holmes....big time. Who is you favorite team, Red?

bubba was watching the lions game on NFL network (our cable company just signed a contract with them *headdesk*) and i have to say, i caught the bottom of the 4th quarter and MAJOR props to the lions D. awesome job stopping the bears at the 1 yrd line for 4 drives *shakes head*

if only the lions offense could do just as good, they' do better than a 0-13 season :lol:

Who is you favorite team, Red?

i guess the Saints, since thats bubbas team; i tend to find a person i relaly like and follow him instead of the team (like nash in the NBA). i like alot of the players from the Saints, especially ol' Duce *sighs* i miss Duce, bad knees and all. though now my fav is Pierre, unappreciated as he is *nods* Brees is a great Qb and seems like a wonderful person IRL. and tracey porter is great, as well as Colston, Remy, Shockey, Will Smith, Sharper, Harper and a few others :D

but i'm also a mega Peyton Manning fan :) ever since he stopped the Pats from going to the super bowl the first time *grins* cause i can't stand the Pats or Brady.

I don't know about overrated. Overhyped might be a better word. I really thought the line would be better this year with the penalties but that Baron really stunk. I heard that both of the starting linemen that were out last week started practicing on Wednesday and should play this week. Hopefully that helps. I figure if they can't beat the bears then we may be looking at an 0-16 season.

Big game Sunday for the Pats, I find it interesting how consensus has flipped from the Jets to the Pats on this pick, it worries me. Still, Mark Sanchez looked brutal on Monday. I think we'll win.

PS, I think fans of football and WoT are an extremely small group, and I feel proud to be very interested in both :)

i have to say, Farve behaved very unsportsment like on sunday's game. walked off the feild sulking and was too big to do the right thing and congradulate the dolphins on a game well played.

yet another reason to hate farve, and be even more glad of a dolphins win! reminds of the Pat's coach waking off field in a game 2 seasons ago with 2 mins still remaning in the 4th quarter.

I got a bad feeling that being a Cowboy fan is going to make for a long season this year. Or worse yet, a short one.

Here's what you need to do Hoppy. Get all the Cowboy's fans you know to flood Jerry Jones office with emails demanding Nick Saban as head coach. Come next year, problem solved. (I actually hate the Cowboys, but if it gets Little Nicky outta Tuscaloosa I'll even make a sizeable donation.)

Archived