DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Funny Night

Luckers

So I work in a photolab where people have to give their names in order to place an order. I just finished serving a Rand, and earlier tonight I had an Alanna and a Rina (who is a sitter in the Tower and Elyas Aes Sedai).

I'm just waiting for Verin to come in so I can give her a high five.

The substitute 'quizmaster' for my weekly Wednesday pub-trivia night was hosted by a guy named Tam last night.  My wife called me a big dork for pointing that out (I forced her to read Eye of the World, so she knows the relevance, but she's put that on hiatus to read the Twilight books *sigh*)

The substitute 'quizmaster' for my weekly Wednesday pub-trivia night was hosted by a guy named Tam last night.  My wife called me a big dork for pointing that out (I forced her to read Eye of the World, so she knows the relevance, but she's put that on hiatus to read the Twilight books *sigh*)

You don't consider that grounds for a divorce? I couldn't stay married to someone with such poor taste in fiction (albeit my fourth wife was a huge fan of Proust).

*Has quite enjoyed Twinkle Twinkle Little Vampire* ...  :-[

It's a good thing you can't divorce me, Mr Ares. It would just break your heart wallet.

I think that's a little more accurate. Anyway, I've never been divorced before, I'll be damned if I'm going to start now.

I heard a mom yelling at her son calling him Perrin, so I inquired about the odd name, and she said sort of sheepishly, "Well, my husband likes these books..."  and I blurted out, "The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan!"

I thought that was cool that someone actually had the guts to name one of their children Perrin, which is extremely strange where I live.  I love these books, but I don't know if I like them enough to name one of my children after any of the characters.  Shadar Haran perhaps...

Yeah. Alanna and Rina aren't so odd, but a Rand? Maybe I'm ta'veren.  :P

In the U.S. there's a politician named Rand Paul (Ron Paul's son - I'm not a big fan, but anyways) and anytime they say his name I always think of Wheel of Time because I think he's the only Rand I've ever heard of in real life.

EDIT: Looking on Wikipedia, turns out his real name is actually Randal, but they always call him Rand on everything I've seen so he must go by Rand.

I really like the name Perrin. I offered it as a suggestion to my wife multiple times when she was pregnant, but every time she just rolled her eyes and said no.

She makes fun of the name Nynaeve (always over-pronunciating each syllable). She's never read any of the books, and every now and then takes them from me

and reads a chapter out loud. When she read Nyaneve it ruined the books for her. She won't even try them.

Anyway, we had a girl, so Perrin was out, and there aren't any women names in this series I like.

In the U.S. there's a politician named Rand Paul (Ron Paul's son - I'm not a big fan, but anyways) and anytime they say his name I always think of Wheel of Time because I think he's the only Rand I've ever heard of in real life.

EDIT: Looking on Wikipedia, turns out his real name is actually Randal, but they always call him Rand on everything I've seen so he must go by Rand.

Say his full name and you'll realize they aren't very different :p Rand al'Thor

Archived