DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which major cities will be destroyed in the last two books?

Whitetower will definetly be destroyed, mimicking Sharoms destruction in the Age of Legends.

The lions sing and the hills take flight.

The moon by day, and the sun by night.

Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.

Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

(chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age)

To me, that implies that the Whitetower gets destroyed, and re-built with both men and women involved. Avalon also has importance in Arthurian legend.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitetower will definetly be destroyed, mimicking Sharoms destruction in the Age of Legends.

To me, that implies that the Whitetower gets destroyed, and re-built with both men and women involved. Avalon also has importance in Arthurian legend.

how does that in any way mean that tar valon is goin to be destroyed?

from what I take from that is that andor will be a solid rock and that cairhein will be destroyed, and thats just from the first line

how does that in any way mean that tar valon is goin to be destroyed?

from what I take from that is that andor will be a solid rock and that cairhein will be destroyed, and thats just from the first line

Well, I was mostly referencing the bolded bit: great Aravalon. The chant itself has nothing to do with tar Valon, but rather where it comes from.

The ter'angreal was made in the breaking, but I thought that it wasn't installed  in Far Madding until after Raolin Darksbane and Yurian Stonebow went on to become famous false Dragons, (although it didn't stop Guaire Amalasan from taking the city).

Am I wrong? ???

No evidence of this that I can recall

The ter'angreal was made in the breaking, but I thought that it wasn't installed  in Far Madding until after Raolin Darksbane and Yurian Stonebow went on to become famous false Dragons, (although it didn't stop Guaire Amalasan from taking the city).

Am I wrong? ???

I only have books 11 & 12 with me, if it exists it should be in WH chapters 22-24 where it reveals that Darksbane and Stonebone where both born in Far Madding (then Aren Mador and Fel Morenia respectively) and they talk about the Guardian.

The ter'angreal was made in the breaking, but I thought that it wasn't installed  in Far Madding until after Raolin Darksbane and Yurian Stonebow went on to become famous false Dragons, (although it didn't stop Guaire Amalasan from taking the city).

Am I wrong? ???

I only have books 11 & 12 with me, if it exists it should be in WH chapters 22-24 where it reveals that Darksbane and Stonebone where both born in Far Madding (then Aren Mador and Fel Morenia respectively) and they talk about the Guardian.

Doesn't say it was installed afterwards. The only mention I can find is Rand thinking "in a very real way, those two men were why he was here"

Am I wrong? ???

The only mention I can find is Rand thinking "in a very real way, those two men were why he was here"

What else could that mean aside from - Far Madding installed the ter'angreal because of them?

Am I wrong? ???

The only mention I can find is Rand thinking "in a very real way, those two men were why he was here"

What else could that mean aside from - Far Madding installed the ter'angreal because of them?

Erm, they were from Far Madding, if the ter'angreal was in place, perhaps they used it as the male Aes Sedai used steddings in the breaking to avoid/delay madness?

How would they have learned to channel or amassed a power base if the ter'angreal was in place?

Perhaps they didn't till an older age, and the ability was supressed while they were young? It's not incompatible certainly.

A lot of channelers are from Far Madding.

Cadsuane, Verin, Romanda, Guare, Raolin, --

The ter'angreal's influence only extends a short way beyond the island.

Any sparker especially, who wanders beyond that limit, could channel.

One might even argue that FM offers good conditions for channeling ability to be passed down the years - they don't cull channeling potential out of the gene pool unlike the rest of WoTland.

Regarding the borderlander armies, in addition to taking soldiers with them, they took the Aes Sedai.  So as of now as far as we know the only channelers with them are Asha'Man and how many of them are DF's.  They'll be dreadlords too mostlikely.  So if Rodel stays he'll have his hands full but Lan has no channelers.  So, even if he got to the Gap in time there's I think 0 chance he can stop em especially if they have dreadlords.  I see cities in Arafel and Sheinar being destroyed.  Tar Valon will at the very least be beseiged and maybe more.

Regarding the borderlander armies, in addition to taking soldiers with them, they took the Aes Sedai.  So as of now as far as we know the only channelers with them are Asha'Man and how many of them are DF's.  They'll be dreadlords too mostlikely.  So if Rodel stays he'll have his hands full but Lan has no channelers.  So, even if he got to the Gap in time there's I think 0 chance he can stop em especially if they have dreadlords.  I see cities in Arafel and Sheinar being destroyed.  Tar Valon will at the very least be beseiged and maybe more.

How can Tar Valon be besieged by Shadowspawn? I don't really got how that works, in the Trolloc Wars or now. With a sa'angreal they should be able to crush them with ease.

How can Tar Valon be besieged by Shadowspawn? I don't really got how that works, in the Trolloc Wars or now. With a sa'angreal they should be able to crush them with ease.

they may have set up a wide circle around tar valon so that AS couldnt just go on the walls and strike down trollocs, kind of a guerrilla siege, forcing the AS out of tar valon and then peppering them with arrows

I remember a specific quote, unfortunately not who by, that stated TV had been breached twice. Once by an army of trollocs and Dreadlords in the Trolloc War, and secondly by Guaire Amalsan's followers trying to break him free

I think very few, if any of the Asha'man with Ituralde are DFs, since Logain picked those who were not closely associated with Taim.

they may have set up a wide circle around tar valon so that AS couldnt just go on the walls and strike down trollocs, kind of a guerrilla siege, forcing the AS out of tar valon and then peppering them with arrows

Hmm...well, since there male dreadlords, I guess they could have had some really humongous circles.

Not to mention with how useless Aes Sedai were during the Seanchan attack, I wouldn't be surprised if at the first sight of shadowspawn they would be like deer in headlights.

They fought bravely, they just didn't fight well. They should do better next time now that they have some experience with how the one power should really be used in battle.

• 4 weeks later...

Especially if they use the Rod to unbind themselves from the Oaths at the first hint of trouble, so they don't have to wait until they actually are in mortal danger.

Theres no way they would unbind themselves, even if they did they wouldn't use the Power like that. As Egwene has said, those oaths are what make the Aes Sedai, and if they forsake even one of the oaths then they forsake themselves.

For some reason I like the thought of Mayene going. We finally get to see it... and its burning.

I too doubt the Aes Sedai would unbind themselves. If they did it would take something big to make them. I've theorized Cadsuane might be strong enough to do this, but frankly, yeah, I don't see it.

Wish they would tho. The Oaths are stoopid.

For some reason I like the thought of Mayene going. We finally get to see it... and its burning.

I too doubt the Aes Sedai would unbind themselves. If they did it would take something big to make them. I've theorized Cadsuane might be strong enough to do this, but frankly, yeah, I don't see it.

Wish they would tho. The Oaths are stoopid.

Haha, yes, that would be quite funny, although I dont know how or why anyone would attack Mayene (except that Tear, who found their secret fishing spot). Unless Hawkwing's second army comes back from Shara through Mayene, but the Drowned Lands make that unlikely.

But, yea, I would like to see the little crazy animals from the Drowned Lands scamper up into Tear. (humongous lizzards? Come on, that would be awesome)

As for the Oaths, I would love for either Rand or one of the FS tell the AS that the Binder was actually used for criminals ;D

i've said it before and i'll say it again.

i firmly believe that the only way the oaths will ever disappear would be if the Rod was destroyed or vanish.

that wouldn't change anything for those who are already sworn to it but they'll be a "dying breed"

i hoped it would happen during the fights in the tower but we're not that lucky i guess

Archived