DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. My thoughts at this point might not be very helpful, but this is what I got right now. First of all, bummer about losing Hagrid, but that doesn't discourage me because it gives us at least a sembelance of a starting point. Not a very substential one, I admit, but at least now I might be able to situate myself better. This is going to be a bit long, so I apologize :P

There are three options that come to mind here. Maybe I'm pointing the obvious with it, but I'm going to say them anyhow.

1. I think Mynd is right about there being mafia in the people that voted for Boopsy. Defenitely worth looking into. Now I know I'm in that group of people myself... so my comments about it may seem like I'm trying to cover my own butt... but that's not going to stop me from expressing my opinion. Now,  I'm more inclined to be suspicious of the last voters. The reason is that scummy peeps would want a town person to go. Any town person. Doesn't matter who at this junction, right? So I'd think there would be scum that will jump in once there's already a substential amount of votes... but not too many, because otherwise they'll figure their vote is not needed and either skip voting all together or vote for someone else to cast off suspicion (see 2 and 3 below).

So far in the game we've had a lot of shifts in votes.... Thorum, Mynd, Boopsy (And there were the sways to Som1 and I think Wombat at some point, but not enough to make something of it). I'm going to go have a good reread later.... and if I manage to connect one of the last voters to Boopsy.. to voters on Mynd and Thorum as well.... (or at least one of them), we might have a certain direction.

2. Another thing that we should also consider are the people who voted for someone else after Boopsy got at least... what? 5 or 6 votes... when the direction of things seemed pretty clear so better avoid suspicion and go with someone else.

3. People who didn't vote at all would contain scum as well, though these would be hardest to look into. 16 people didn't vote half of which hardly posted in the game... so it would be hard to tell. :/

The group I'm taking the most interest in are the following:

Som1(5): Elli, Boopsy, Pete, Mynd, Amadine

The mafia would have no interest (that I can see) to sway the votes from Boopsy when votes were starting to pile up on him. Which leads me to believe that the group of people that voted for Som1 might very well be town people. And, if one of the last voters on Boopsy (or hell, maybe more) turn out being scum... it's very possible som1 is scum and they were trying to save him.... because for a moment there Boopsy and Som1 were 2 votes apart... so it was touch and go at that moment. 

So, I'll post again with more specific details... aka my personal suspect list :P

Nyn

We can go to the [glow=purple,2,300]Common room[/glow]

I would like the Mafia to target me tonight.  Please do.  ;)

Is this your tactics from now on? You must be too smart to rely on that all the time...

Seeeee! I told ya Boopsy was innocent!!!! But nooo... Marta is scum for not voting against him!  >:(

- How did you know Boopsy was innocent?

- Marta is scum for voting someone with absolutely no chance of getting lynched that day, without any reasoning behind it.

The mafia are laughing at us, BTW.  We lynched Hagrid with little evidence, and we let them push this lynch on him.  Question is, how many of them did it take to get this majority? How many on the bandwagon are mafia?  How many mafia are not on the bandwagon?

Why do you assume the mafia knew boopsy = Hagrid ???

No, I'm not changing to the Great Hall.

I would like the Mafia to target me tonight.  Please do.  ;)

Is this your tactics from now on? You must be too smart to rely on that all the time...

Oh come on, Thorum, did you really need to bring this up?  Why not say "HEY MAFIA, DON'T TARGET MYNDRUNNER!!!"  Why even bring this up?!  To what purpose does this serve the town to call me out on my gambit to manipulate the mafia's choice in NK?!  Dude, not cool!

Why do you assume the mafia knew boopsy = Hagrid ???

I didn't say they knew he was Hagrid.  I am saying they knew he was town because he wasn't on their team.  That was an awful easy bandwagon and I'm sure they are still cracking up about how easy we lynched him without any tangible evidence at all. 

Thorum, I believe your claim as well as Amadine's.  If I didn't, you'd be at the top of my list come morning! Please think about your posts before making them, do a re-read if you have to. You are actually helping the mafia right now more than hunting for them.

Sorry for the lack of activity the last couple of days. I'm due to do a reread this evening. (I'm busy at work again today.)

I will ask what is with 15 non-voters?  That's a whole game worth of people. When you vote you're on record and have provided a bit of information and make a smaller list for 1 or 2 mafiosos to hide in.

[glow=blue,2,300]great hall[/glow] that's where you always start the new year.

::) He was just stating the obvious Mynd, really.

Let me explain something that some people my not quite understand.  Unless you are a mason of some kind, this thread is the only forum of communication for the town.  The mafia is always watching everything we say.  By stating that I want the mafia to target me, it puts a glass of wine in front of them and in front of me.  Am I bluffing?  Do I have some kind of power that I want to be targeted?  Am I trying to trick the mafia into not targeting me?

The biggest mistake that townies make is that they assume only the mafia plays tricks.  We can manipulate the mafia too.  Many of you who have played with me before know exactly what I am talking about.

Which is why I am very surprised that Thorum would press this issue.  I have very little reason to question his and Amadine's uncontested role claims.  I'm sure a few of you know me by now, and we have a couple others who have also given uncontested claims.  Why then would Thorum call me out on an obvious ploy to WIFOM the mafia?  Or maybe Thorum is actually helping me mess with the mafia's mynds!  ;)

So, Adella, why are you so defensive in this game?  Ever since I called you and Wombat out on your Day 1 voting tango, you've been more concerned with discrediting my statements and rolling your eyes than providing us with anything helpful.  Have you been reading the game yourself? or are you relying on your mafia friends to fill you in on what happened?

Okay, and with Som1, I decided not to vote for him because of the character hints he's been dropping, while he's not really contributing much and in the end would likely have been a better lynch, at the time I thought because of who I think he's hinting at he wouldn't have been scum, whereas Boopsy could have gone either way (hindsight is much clearer than sight is in the moment).  So maybe Som1 would be a better lynch after all, for tomorrow, but right now I still think he's actually not scum.

Meesh, you aren't the only one who has mentioned som1 dropping character hints, but I must be blind because I haven't seen them. Could you point me in the right direction?

I went for boopsy and got it wrong, it won't be the first time nor the last.

I am suspicious of this post:

Seeeee! I told ya Boopsy was innocent!!!! But nooo... Marta is scum for not voting against him!  >:(

There are two way you could have known he was innocent, you were on his team (if he was on one) - if you add that in now after you have had chance I will find it even more scummy. The other way is if you are mafia and KNEW that he was Innocent.

I seem to have missed Som1's hints at a character reveal, because he was next on my list!

*snaps a picture of boopsy to throw darts at*

I rest my case.  :-*

That was a refer to my character boopsy, Will you sign it?

Okay, this is really the biggest one.  I may not be a HP expert like some lovely Blues and Mods around here  :-*, but I did read books 1-5 a minimum of 10 times each back when I was still a big fan, so I am fairly confident in my basic knowledge of the books.  I can only think of one character that would be present in the game that would fit this character hint.

These following things may or may not be hints, but because of who I think he's hinting at, I thought they may or may not be relevant, judge for yourself.

yep thats right, can anyone tell me when nearly headless nick died without cheating, DD/MM/YYYY

I won 20$ from someone cause i could pull this of the top of my head

This one I wasn't so sure of, but I thought it might be connected because Nearly Headless Nick is the resident ghost of Gryffindor House.

has anyone here noticed that dumbledore has a Griffen Door Knocker

Then this one.  Again, this could all just be random posts and trivia because Som1 wants to show off knowledge or something, but in conjunction with his admitted character reference....

I think he's claiming a certain Gryffindor student who really likes taking pictures of Harry with his camera and ends up meeting a basilisk in Chamber of Secrets.

It could be a false claim, and/or I could be reading into it wrong, but this is my point of view for the time being.

Nice deducing Meesh!  The signing thing too... Colin was always asking for Harry's autograph.  The darts thing might mean because he thought Boopsy was a bad guy?  Therefore against Harry. ;)

Okay, this is as good of a sum up I could make from flipping through the thread. And yes, this is going to be long ;D  (it happens when I start over-thinking stuff)

At a certain stage of day 1 the votes were as followed:

Thorum(10): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal, Rose, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum, Tigs, Locke

Mynd(2): Dah'mir, Som1

On the end of day 1 the votes were as followed:

Thorum(8): Mynd, Verbal, Rose, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Tigs, Wolfie

Mynd (13): Dah'mir, Som1, Meesh, Amadine, Pete, Locke, rojano, Player, Krak, Boopsy, Thorum, Wombat.

At the end of the restarted day 1 the votes were as followed:

Boopsy(11): Aemon, Nyn, Tayla, Jeran, Verbal, Wombat, Som1, Meesh, Dah, Nae, Crusher

Som1(5): Elli, Boopsy, Pete, Mynd, Amadine

Btw, I only look at the two people most voted for because otherwise it would be too much for me to manage to piece out in my head (it's already too much as it is). So, for the time being it's just easier for me to look at that.

The first conclusion is that the mods of the game can't count, cause there are 12 votes against Mynd, not 13 :P.

My suspicious list is: Dah'mir, Som1, Meesh, Wombat. They're the people that both voted for Mynd to be lynched and for Boopsy to be lynched. I'm not saying some of them aren't townies that were just wrong (hell, I voted for Boopsy myself), but I think at least one of them is scum. My money right now is on Wombat or Som1. Why? Well, I'll try to explain.

Dah'mir voted first on Mynd. He couldn't know that the votes were going to sway in Mynd's direction so it doesn't look like the vote was an intentional action of scum. Also, he was one of the last people that voted for Boopsy... after it was quite obvious that he was a goner. So voting at that stage might be an overkill for a mafia. Right now I would say he's less likely to be scum from the ones I've named.

Som1. Well, on the first day his voting fluctuated quite a bit. He voted for Verbal, then switched to Thorum and then switched to Mynd. This seems odd to me. I'm of the mind that if you prefer to go ahead and throw a random vote at day one you should stick to it..... otherwise why not wait and hear people out before casting your vote? Seems scummy to me. With that said, he was also voting for Mynd along with Dah'mir before the votes swayed in Mynd's direction.... so he couldn't have know it would end with Mynd having the majority.

Meesha. I don't know what to think about her quite yet. She switched her vote from Thorum to Mynd, but that could just be because she believed his role profession and that's legitimate. She's one of the last people that voted for Boopsy (right before Dah'mir did, actually), so that could mean anything, really.

Wombat. Last one that voted for Mynd. Doesn't say much. However, he was the 6th voter when voting for Boopsy, pushing the vote in the lynch direction with Som1, Meesh and Dah'mir voting right after (and strangely enough, in that order O_o) to seal the deal.

I think at least one of them is scum. The evidence seems to indicate Som1 the most but my instinct says Wombat. Not sure how much my instinct is worth, though, after voting for Boopsy xD

I do have a question though. For the following people:

Thorum(10): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal, Rose, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Tigs, Locke

If Thorum has proven himself to you (by confirming his role with Amadine)... and I'm assuming he did cause none of you tried to lynch him on the restart of day 1.... why did you keep your vote on him at the time? I can understand why Mynd did because he was going to be lynched and he probably thought himself more valuable alive..... but I can't see why the rest would keep their vote on Thorum.... unless.... you don't believe him?

Nyn

The first conclusion is that the mods of the game can't count, cause there are 12 votes against Mynd, not 13 :P.

nope there were 13 votes on him at that point.  our count was right ;)

why you may ask ... PAFO *grins*

Archived