DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Great Ride 'n' Stride 2010 Cancer Research Fundraiser!

Vanion

My fellow White Tower members!!

I am participating in Great Ride 'n' Stride 2010 to support the mission of the Canadian Cancer Society on Sunday, April 25th, 2010,

The money raised from this event helps fund leading-edge cancer research that is improving cancer treatments, preventing cancer and saving lives; provide reliable and up-to-date information on cancer, risk reduction and treatment; offer vital community-based support services for people living with cancer and their families; and advocate for healthy public policies.

Please pledge me and help me reach my fundraising goal! Every pledge takes us one step further in the fight against cancer. Online pledging is secure and it saves the Canadian Cancer Society money by reducing administrative costs.

Every donation, no matter how small, makes a difference. Chances are, you know someone who has fought against cancer, as I know several people who have fought against cancer, some of which lost that fight. Now is the time to help them in that fight, as best we can and honor those who lost their battle.

You can make your donation here, by supporting either myself, or my team!

http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/GreatRideandStride/GRNS_ON_?px=3504399&pg=personal&fr_id=7420

To learn more about this event, you can visit the website here:

http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR?type=fr_informational&pg=informational&fr_id=7420&sid=4514

If you know anyone else who would be interested in participating, or donating, please pass the URL along to them.

Thanks for your support,

Vanion

Thank you Vanion. My mum is suffering from 4th stage lung cancer and related brain tumours. It's people like you who raise the money needed to research for cures. I fear it will come too late for my mum, but perhaps someone else will not have to suffer this heartache.

Great cause, Van. I've put up a link to this thread at the Reds. But why didn't you put this on the White Tower board, where also non-WT members could see it? Might get a greater amount of people joining in there perhaps. Just a thought.

Wonderul cause!

My dad is a survivor of cancer, but he did lose a leg to it. Now we are starting our second fight, but this time it is in his thyroid.

Because of people like you and the researchers, I have been able to enjoy many more years with my dad.

There are so many people out there who were/are not as lucky as me. Cancer will effect every one of us in some way or another throughout our lives. Many of us more than once.

Thank you Van, and tell your team they are wonderful, wonderful people.

Archived