DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Currently Playing

Krakalakachkn

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shogun 2 any good?

From the 4 battles and the limited hour long campaign tutorial, yes. If it's as good as the demo is then its the best TW game since Medieval 2. Of course I fully expect a plethora of bugs, imbalances, crashes and such at full release, this is Creative Assembly we're talking about.

Nice.

I've always wanted to play one of those Cossacks titles, has anyone ever taken a crack at one of them? Seems like TW on steroids in regards to the battles...

I played the old one, 10 odd years ago. Was (and probably still is) my favorite RTS title of all time (note RTS, I still think certain TW titles are better). Download the original Cossacks of Pirate Bay and give it a roll. (Dont worry, I doubt they sell copies of it anymore anyway).

currently playing "Darksiders" and am really enjoying it!!

it's alot liek God of War & Dante's Inferno. only with a more "free world" RPG feel to it!! anyone who likes GoW or DI will like this game as well.

oh, heres a hint for people playing.theres a part after you first meet Griever, where you're likely to get stuck. take the door on the right and keep goign till you get to a train station room. you can't do anything in there yet; so jump down into the water. underwater you'll find a tunnel that dead ends but has alot of those electric eel fish in it. once you kill them, swim all the way to that wall and up to the surface; you shoudl see the wall you can climb after that.

i was stuck on that point for a few hours until i finally went and looked it up.

FIFA 11!

RB: G. Johnson

CB: D. Agger

LB: M. Richards

CDM: S. Gerrard

CM: Ganso

RM: Jesus Navas

LM: M. Marin

CAM: M. Hamsik

CF: G. Higuain

ST: Alexandre Pato

BENCH

ST: Neymar

RW: E. Hazard

CAM: J. Cole

CM: Lucas

CM: Raul Meireles

CB: David Luiz

CB: M. Skrtel

FEAR MY INVINCIBLES!

The only grief I have with the game is that it didn't let me know that Neymar should totally be first choice over Pato. Dude has Lightning Rockets in his boots, its insane.

It's a really slick game, rewards the patient build up, actually plays like a football match. I had a game with a mate the other day where I was Barca and he was World XI, the difference in not only quality, but actual playing personality, was quite cool. Your team tends to play as you build them, ie you can be meaty and win the challenges, play it patiently up the field, or build a team with quick little technical darlings like mine, and just pass and run, pass and run...

It's the best FIFA to date. I tend to say that every year though, except or 08, when they first moved to the new engine. The Player/Coach mode is cool addition though I ain't tried it yet, and the new transfer market method for Manager mode is kickass.

I'm a big fan.

currently:

-Crysis II

-Dragon Age II

-C&C III and Red Alert III

-modding for Oblivion till' release of Skyrim :)

- tried making total conversion mod for Medieval II total war in WoT setting

-Civ V

-Anno 1404 Venice

-King Arthur roleplaying...blabla very long title

tomorrow? no idea

• 1 month later...

So I just replayed Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. It's still way fun, but it took me 4 days to beat it 100%. So now I'm playing Jak II, and it's much harder, more frustrating, and yet still incredibly fun. :happy:

I'm so sad no WoT mod for a TW game has ever been finished.

I'd take a WoT mod for Rome or M2 over Shogun 2 any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I don't really have much money for games these days, so playing old staples

PS3

- Bad Company 2

- Gundam Senki UC 0081

- Fallout: New Vegas

PC

- Minecraft

- Rome: Total War with the Europa Barbarorum mod

I kind of want to finish Oblivion or Mass Effect 1, but I just just hate the levelling system in Oblivion so much I can barely stand it, and after 30 hours of ME, I've realized I just don't like it. I actually like it significantly less than the KotOR games. Al my friends go on about how ME2 is the best game of all time, and I'd like to try it sometime, but if it's anything like 1 I doubt I'll be interested.

So I just got Persona 4 for my PS2. I started off on Expert mode and I'm really digging it. Very difficult, lots of strategy.

I inevitably am going to compare it to Persona 3. 4 seems to have a much stronger cast of characters so far- the ones in P3 didn't really strike me as that interesting. P4, on the other hand, has a hilarious cast with interesting stories (I just finished getting Kanji for those wondering where I'm at).

Gameplay wise, its very similar, but not quite the same. I'm digging the increased focus on Social Links to develop the characters and like the added social stats. The entire social sim side of the game just feels much, much better developed. The dungeons are better in P4 than in P3 as well, IMO.

However, P4 does lack some things. Notably, in P3P I could change the music when doing dungeons, split my team up, etc. These, regrettably, seem to be gone for some reason I can't fathom

Overall, P4 strikes me as a superior title and I'm really enjoying it.

Junpei is the only guy I really feel like I could plop into P4 and wouldn't come off worse compared with the other characters. It isn't so much a case of the characters, as individuals, not being developed in P3. Its just that the entire group dynamic just feels like its been really fine-tuned and the game does a better job of giving you time to develop the social links.

• 1 month later...

Archived