DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Am I Watching Currently?

Emperor

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am currently watching Farscape.  I gotta say when I read it started slow I didn't realize how slow.  The premise is nothing new (even after a decade) and it feels like the characters are trying too hard to fit their roles.  But I just watched episode 16 and feel as if the show has turned a corner.  I still don't love it as it seems I am suppose to from what I read from rabid fans, but I haven't given up yet.  More to come...

I too am watching Farscape.  However, I haven't passed episode 5 yet and don't have much desire to.  I'm also watching Leverage Season 1 and it's fantastic, I love the show. 

Also catching up on season 5 of Lost, getting ready for season 6 on February 2.  So far I hate it; I'm on episode 7 or 8 and I've only enjoyed one episode so far.

• Community Administrator

Lol, I've also been watching Farscape.

Season 4 Episode 13.

Empy, you were spoiled by Firefly.

The premise isn't new, but pay attention to everytime they mention something 'good' can be used as a weapon.

Thats the real 'premise' of the show.

I was having a bad weekend and spent all Sunday in bed... watching Surface. It's lame, but works alright as background noise to also re-reading QC. Available on Netflix streaming.

New sea creatures appear, lots of government cover up, etc. A few random, mostly forgettable characters unrelated to the official investigation are aware of what's going on and need to abandon their children in service to their own selfish need to investigate the phenomenon. Show was so bad it seems to have been canceled without wrapping up a giant cliff hanger in the final episode 15.

I've seen Farscape available in various places, but I've never bothered to watch. I've always assumed it was really bad sci-fi. Is that true?

Watched Dr Who a while ago, great show.

Watched Human Target. only 3? episodes out so far. Decent action, some of the shows premises are totally ridiculous though.

omfg, just watched episode 2.

There aboslute disregard for physics, and all things grounded in reality make my head hurt...

oooh purty explosions.

It does pick up.  The middle of this season of Farscape was crap.  If you forgive the show for not using CG and using muppets instead, you will like this show.  Also it feels like the dvd's are out of order.  Let me explain...

1. In one episode the big guy using his sword gun..like episode two.  2 episodes later the team is on a planet and out of weapons.  He whips out his sword and explains it is a gun too.  Genius!!!  Except they already saw him use it as a gun.  Also... does the sword become duller when it turns into a gun.  Why isn't he cutting up his hands when he grabs the sword?

2. Some major happens in episode 16.  I have watched another 3 episodes and nothing new has come of it but I feel it should have been referenced. 

Like I said... episode 16 was really good.  The next two episodes were goodish but now I am back to really good episode. 

Again, not loving it still but it is worthy of being watched.  Especially since it is instantly watchable.

Rigel really makes it worthwhile!  "I will help you now... you 'help' me later"  And he farts helium!!!! That was awesome.

. In one episode the big guy using his sword gun..like episode two.  2 episodes later the team is on a planet and out of weapons.  He whips out his sword and explains it is a gun too.  Genius!!!  Except they already saw him use it as a gun.  Also... does the sword become duller when it turns into a gun.  Why isn't he cutting up his hands when he grabs the sword?

His names Dargo; Its easilly possible that they didn't really pay attention to what he was using for a gun, you hold a gun and a sword very differently afterall, and your looking at your target, not your allies guns. ;)

As for that sword, I'd have to say that its not really sharp to begin with. I only really see him stabbing, or slashing, and its the tip that does that.

+ its all in how you grab the sword.. That big flat side? Thats not sharp. :P

If you forgive the show for not using CG and using muppets instead, you will like this show.

The show was made in 1999-2003.

By Sci-Fi.

They couldn't afford CG.

+ I think the aliens are excelent, Its obvious they are 'muppets', its freaking Jim Henson! But they are great in the fact that they actually DON'T have humanoid 'aliens' in the show.

I know you can pull the Stargate SG1 card, but

A) they had bigger budgets.

B) they didn't have crewmates that were as non-humanoid as Pilot.

Most of the 'aliens' in the first seasons were all human, with a minor touch of CG & or other 'techniques' to give glowy eyes, and then they used some heavier 'makeup' on more 'alien' guys. I don't even recall there being non-human/goul(sp) in the first few seasons, aside from them acutally 'seeing' what the parasite looks like..

But it still costs more to have a guy whos completely alien like pilot, then it does to show an alien like pilot in one episode.

+ stargate had a much bigger budget.

Interesting factoid, when the farscape crew joined SG1, and had that episode where they pitched movie ideas. The lady who plays Yasha? and Erin in farscape, Pitched... Farscape. Using the same set, and other things.

The next day sci-fi announced they were going to cancel SG1 in like a season or two. :P

• 3 weeks later...

kinda sad that men of a certain age is comming to an end.  i hope it will be back.

also sad that Burn Notice is comming to an end, though no worries it will be back in a few months :)

anxiously waiting for the new epis of Tudors, and passing the time with House, Family Guy and 2 & 1/2 men :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived