DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Abhorsen Mafia--GAME OVER, CONGRATS TOWN

mmeeshal

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can say one thing, this game has not gone nearly as well as my first one did.  I've gotten so frustrated with it sometimes that I've considered just calling it quits.  But at least there are more active people than not active people now, so hopefully it'll pick up.  And shortening the deadline will at least make it go faster so it's not dragging even if people don't post.

I guess I've had one great modding experience and one terrible one, now, so I know what both feel like!

The general consensis is that locke red or me is mafia and atm people think red just made an honest mistake. So that leaves me and locke. Locke has the most votes so im going to [glow=red,2,300] unvote, vote locke[/glow] so we get a lynch. If you flip innocent i guess im next but atleast there will be someone left to vote red for pulling the wool over our eyes when i flip town

I only had 12 players in my last one, and a cop and a beloved townie role and that was it aside from the mafia. :D

It's not the setup, it's the players that make the game.  :)

Thank you, I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far. :D

Yes, but if the players were inactive in that game, and hardly posted, and ignored the deadlines, and didn't discuss things that much, would it have been fun, even with all the roles?

You can take a game with minimum of roles and have a blast with it, newbie games can be awesome even though they're simple.  It all depends on the players, NOT the setup.

Oh, and also, number of players doesn't matter, either, I've seen plenty of small games played that were intense and really fun.

You don't have to believe me, but I'm sure most experienced players will back me up on this.  Oh, the setup CAN affect things, if it's really really screwy, but in most cases, it's up to the players to make the game.

You can't blame a mod if a game isn't fun to play.  If the setup sucks, yeah, blame the mod for an unfair setup.  But if the game itself wasn't fun to play and the setup was just fine, blame the players.

Pookie, i doubt Pete would risk trying to stop the Mafia team from lynching Rey, it would ahve looked susipcious if he did, and he would ahve been cast out.

As for the Recruiting, I would be very surprised if Rey's recruit would have gone through on the night if he was killed that day before. So pete was the only one he could have recruited.

I think it's unfortunate that this hasn't been so active, I think that to honest the timing was unlucky, and there were other games that started around the same time. If you can't participate, I think it would better if you didn't volunteer, because it's a shame when things aren't as active. I'm actually enjoying this game, though I think I may not be here much longer :(

Don't go cutting yourself up over it meesh, it isn't your fault at all.  :-*

So not long until the deadline. I'm not changing my vote now. I hope I'm right about this.  :-\ If Locke is guilty it maybe that Dapi is!

The way Pookie is questioning all this about the cult, worries me a little. Like I said I haven't forgotten the role of Godfather ;)

Maybe you're right that Pete wouldn't be able to say anything without looking suspicious.  I've just seen him be pretty sneaky lately and thought that if anyone would try to steer a mafia team in another direction to save his cult buddies, it would be Pete.  I then freaked out a little when I started finger counting what would be going on if they did still have a recruit.  I had forgotten that he was also labeled "cult leader" when we lynched him, so that definitely lends more to the idea that he was recruited night 1, since otherwise you'd think the night 1 recruit would have been the leader.  I'm never willing to totally discount a cult until all is revealed at endgame, but this also wouldn't be the first time I expected more cult than there actually are, so I'm willing to listen to voices of reason and take a few deep breaths.  ;)

Sorry. School had me again and I just logged in to reply to an important PM.

So my thoughts..

our list of players are:

Pookie - innocent (vouched for by Talya)

Talya - Finder

Tynaal

Locke

Ed - innocent (vouched for by Talya)

Dapi

Red - viewed not innocent; claimed Miller

That leaves Dapi, Locke and myself.

I am innocent, so with the theories going around Locke or Dapi must be cult/mafia.

Or we could still have the godfather role portraying innocent, so ed or pookie might.. be him/her.

and since the deadline is now.

Sorry [glow=red,2,300]Locke[/glow]

On the Ancelstierre side of the Wall, where the Perimeter is, the Crossing Point Scouts are having troubles as well.  The Abhorsen helped by carving her wind flutes, that keep the Dead from rising in that area, but now things are coming across the Wall and getting too close before finally being stopped.  Things have turned up in the trenches that shouldn’t be there, and the Scouts have come to the conclusion that someone among them is helping the Dead.

They discuss among themselves who they think is most suspicious, and finally everyone comes to an agreement, or enough of the Scouts do, anyway.  They walk up to Colonel Horyse, who often wanders out and stares at the Wall.  Thinking he must bear a corrupted Charter mark on his forehead, and that he’s not really a Charter mage at all but an impostor, they surround him and pull out their silver-tipped sword bayonets.  Within moments he is dead, but a test of his Charter mark finds it pure, and a search of his office reveals nothing at all suspicious.

Locke, Colonel Horyse, a vanilla citizen, has been killed.

It is now Night.  A reminder, Night phases have been shortened.  I'm putting the deadline at a time I'll be online tomorrow, though, since 24 hours would put the deadline in the middle of my shift. :D

You have until Thursday, February 18th at 9 PM Central time to submit your Night Actions.

At a small campsite not too far from the Wall, a pale young woman with long black hair is sitting by a fire with a large dog.  They converse for a time, then the woman rises and pulls out a sword and a set of silver panpipes.  She stiffens suddenly and ice billows up around her feet and encases her body.

In Death, she sheathes her sword for a time and draws out her special mirror--the mirror of a Remembrancer.  She is trying to find information from the recent past to help the Kingdom.

In Life, the dog stiffens suddenly as it senses an attack in Death at the same time as an attack in Life comes.  Trusting the woman to fend for herself in Death, the dog defends the young woman’s body in Life.  But suddenly the ice cracks and disappears as the woman falls to the ground, lifeless.

Talya, Lirael the Remembrancer, Finder, has been killed.

It is now Day 6.  The deadline is Saturday, February 20th at 9 PM Central time.

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Archived