DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Abhorsen Mafia--GAME OVER, CONGRATS TOWN

mmeeshal

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me n ed discussd this

Hopefully you're referring to earlier in this thread or Meesh'll have to spank you.  :P

It's a good thing I double checked the deadline.  :)  I got this game and my other swapped in my head, which is waaay too overfull of 7-year-old birthday festivities.  I can't believe this is year 7 of mommyhood! 

Completely unsurprising, but I vote [glow=red,2,300]Player[/glow]  You managed to avoid 2 votes for Red, one by not voting and one by changing your vote to Locke, and tried to avoid a third by changing your vote during the last day phase.  Lucky for you Ed told you how scummy that looked so you could change back, isn't it?

Okay guys, I'm sorry, I was kept later at work than I was supposed to be...

But the deadline passed and there has been no majority...  Tynaal was on but I do know she is on LoA, so I am, for the sake of fairness, and also because I really don't want the game to end based on Random.org's decision (though that would be pretty representative of how this game has gone so far), extending the deadline to tomorrow at 9 PM Central time.  No, I'm not doing a countdown timer, I'm too wiped out right now.

And if you don't know US time, just check the exact time I posted this post, and the deadline is about 22.5 hours from the time of this posting.  Easy enough to figure out.

A man walks into the palace at Belisaere, charming the guards and easily convincing them of his harmlessness.  Many guards and sentries think he looks vaguely familiar.

He is soon brought before Touchstone, the king, who reluctantly agrees to speak with the man.  The man claims to bring good tidings from afar, beyond all hope, and Touchstone, distracted by the possibility of salvation, doesn't take much notice of who he's talking to.

They walk for a while as they talk, and eventually Touchstone begins to be troubled about the visitor, though he's unsure why.

As they descend a staircase, the man trips and falls down the stairs, landing with an awful crack at the bottom.  Instead of screaming in pain, or dying, as his neck is clearly broken, the man gets up, laughing, and Touchstone realizes with horror what is so wrong about the man.

"You!" he cries.  Taking his sword, and summoning his Charter magic, he attacks the man whom he now recognizes to be Rogirek, his half-brother, supposedly long-dead.  Guards quickly rush to his aid and the body is soon destroyed.  Spells for binding whatever is left of Rogirek's--or Kerrigor's--soul to the remnants of his constructed body are quickly cast, and swiftly Touchstone arranges for the body to be transported to the Abhorsen's House, where it can be safely disposed of or at least bound, even with the death of the Abhorsen.

Soon, as days pass, the Kingdom notices less attacks from the Dead.  And days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months....and peace returns.  Much was lost, many lives destroyed, and the citizens are deeply scarred, but now they begin to move forward, to pick up the pieces and go back to life as it should be.

Pookie, Kerrigor, Mafia Godfather, has been randomly killed.  The Old Kingdom has triumphed over the evils set to destroy it.

I was tempted to title it "Game Over--Town randomly wins."

I still might.

Random.org played a HUGE part in this game, more than I ever wanted it to.  Kind of annoying, really.  Though I doubt, with Tynaal on LoA, that it would've ended up any other way than with random.org, unless I had an incredibly long deadline, and even then...

But 4 of the 7 Day phases ended with a random modkill.  That's more than half.  One or two times I can understand, especially if the mafia have a good hand in how things are going, but that many random modkills.... Blah.

It was annoying to me.  That's all. :D

I won't say well played town, but I will say GOOOOOOOOO TOOOOOOOOOWNNNN

I've been following this ever since Pete lead a lynch on me back on what day 2 for trying to create activity... Stupid Pete mafia god role fishing as if why I should just...

Anyways it has been an interesting game I wish I would have lasted longer in. GO TOWN!

lol Ed  :)  *hugs*

I just knew if I left you alive that you and Player would have me lynched easy peasy.  With Tynaal there was some chance I might still pull it off.  I didn't really consider lynching Player until after I'd sent you in, but it probably would have still been a random final decision.

Archived