DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Any mentions in BWB or elsewhere of the Forsaken having children?
Good question! That would be interesting, wouldn't it?

I don't remember that it specifically states one way or another, but I imagine that in AoL, no one reproduces unless they want to(with advanced science and OP use being what it is). If the Forsaken are anything, they're selfish. Since parenting is an unselfish act involving sacrifice and dedication, I don't think any of the Forsaken would have even considered it.

Actually, even parents can be selfish.

Not sure about the ones that want to being the only ones that reproduced in Age of Legends.

I guess the poster was asking whether any of the Forsaken gave birth to children. There might have been some chance for each of them; either before they turned to the Shadow.

Slight chance of any of them raising the children (after turning to the Shadow). Tough Mesaana might have been most likely of the females; and Ishamael of the males.

balthamel is most likely of the male, he was the womanizer, accidents do happen.

Not in the AoL.

I don't see why you would find that odd. There are others that aren't recognizable, like the Illianer noblewoman. We haven't met any of those.

If I read this right, have we a good idea of who the Sea Folk man was (it was a man, wasn't it?)?

Because I can only think of Zaida as a possible DF, and that only because we know she has to lose her position in some way.

I don't see why you would find that odd. There are others that aren't recognizable, like the Illianer noblewoman. We haven't met any of those.

If I read this right, have we a good idea of who the Sea Folk man was (it was a man, wasn't it?)?

Because I can only think of Zaida as a possible DF, and that only because we know she has to lose her position in some way.

Bors refers to the seafolk guy as a he.

but I think it strange the the lion head spurs representing a higher rank is more description and in a nation that is more developed (story-wise) than the seafolk or even tear.

I'm not sure you read it right; the Illianer woman was only an example. But Moad is somewhat suspicious. (Harine's Swordmaster.)

Moad leaned an elbow on the tall pommel of his saddle, rested a hand on the long, carved ivory hilt of the sword thrust behind his green sash, and openly studied the Aes Sedai and the men with them. Where had he learned to ride a horse? He actually looked . . . comfortable.

Not much to go on there. He might have learned to ride in some innocent situation or another, and he wouldn't necessarily need to ride much as a Darkfriend either. But when I tweeted about it, Linda responded and said he was on her list too.

Edit: I went through the scene, and there are several we have no idea about. And a few we know. In the order they are described:

1. Illianer woman, wealthy, maybe a noblewoman.

2. Domani woman, first blood.

3. Shienaran warrior - Ingtar.

4. A Kandori - no idea.

5. A Cairhienin - maybe Barthanes.

6. A Saldaean - maybe Vram Torkumen or his wife. Or Taim, though I doubt Taim would be sloppy.

7. A Ghealdanin - no idea.

8. A Tinker - no idea.

9. High Lord of Tear - Weiramon.

10. Andoran Queen's Guard officer - maybe Hanlon or Comar.

11. Sea Folk man - maybe Moad. Whatever his orders were, he was reluctant.

12. Two Aes Sedai - Liandrin and we don't know who else. Others could have been disguised better.

Edited by Terez

12. Two Aes Sedai - Liandrin and we don't know who else. Others could have been disguised better.

I thought the other one was Alviarin, since she asked so many pointed questions about the boys on the trip back to the WT that Nynaeve kicked her out of the tent.

balthamel is most likely of the male, he was the womanizer, accidents do happen.
my last sentence was related to raising.

A philosopher would probably be more likely to raise his children than a womanizer.

Can Aiel women share husbands? Like having "'brother-husbands" instead of a "sister-wives?"

Also, does anyone still have their coins from Moiraine? I am specifically thinking about Perrin. I don't remember him ever losing or spending it.

Edited by flash_fire

Any mentions in BWB or elsewhere of the Forsaken having children?
Good question! That would be interesting, wouldn't it?

I don't remember that it specifically states one way or another, but I imagine that in AoL, no one reproduces unless they want to(with advanced science and OP use being what it is). If the Forsaken are anything, they're selfish. Since parenting is an unselfish act involving sacrifice and dedication, I don't think any of the Forsaken would have even considered it.

Actually, even parents can be selfish.

Not sure about the ones that want to being the only ones that reproduced in Age of Legends.

I guess the poster was asking whether any of the Forsaken gave birth to children. There might have been some chance for each of them; either before or after they turned to the Shadow.

Slight chance of any of them raising the children (after turning to the Shadow). Though Mesaana might have been most likely of the females; and Ishamael of the males.

They were all channelers, in early middle age for channelers, when the Bore was broken by Meiryn.

Ample time for them to have had many kids before the bore opened and before going to the GLod.

The bore-war of OP period lasted roughly 100 years.

Again ample time for them to have kids if they wanted.

Many of them were respectable three namers before they turned. I'm just curious if they did have families or not.

To recap from what we know, none of them seemed to have aversions to having children and most seem well within sexual norms in terms of kiddie production.

Any references from BWB or elsewhere?

Rand and Mat never got theirs back from Bayle Domon, Perrin might have his but Moiraine had everything they owned burned at the start of TGH so the coin probably got lost then.

It was actually Thom who took their coins in Whitebridge before taking the Fade's attention to allow Rand and Mat to escape. Bayle gave them back their coins at Whitebridge for keeping his crew entertained, and preventing a mutiny.

Did Perrin get his coin back from Geofram Bornhold? I don't think so.

Perrin got his coin back. Remember Geofram chiding Byar for his hesitation on giving Perrin and Egwene their stuff (minus weapons). And Moiraine telling Nynaeve "He has regained the coin, Wisdom. All will be well" in "The Long Chase."

Edited by Theodril

Rand and Mat never got theirs back from Bayle Domon, Perrin might have his but Moiraine had everything they owned burned at the start of TGH so the coin probably got lost then.

It was actually Thom who took their coins in Whitebridge before taking the Fade's attention to allow Rand and Mat to escape. Bayle gave them back their coins at Whitebridge for keeping his crew entertained, and preventing a mutiny.

Bayle gave them coins, but not the tar valon mark that moraine gave them

Bayle gave them coins, but not the tar valon mark that moraine gave them

You're right :smile: Just went back and checked TEotW.

I hope i doesn't sound like an idiot but I couldn't find explanation anywhere: my question is, why did the eelfinns took Mat's eye? i mean why the eye of all things? it's said in the book:

they fed on something rising from mat. an almost invisible vapor of red and white

and then one of the eelfinn said "i can taste fate itself" which led me to think they are feeding on something that has to do with his tavereness or even his soul and they had to rip his eye to gain excess to that (eye is the mirror to the soul and all of that) but I'm not sure.

Does anyone has a real answer or a quote from sanderson that explains it?

At the end of Eye of the World Rand hears a voice that yells "IT IS NOT HERE" and "I WILL TAKE NO PART. ONLY THE CHOSEN ON CAN DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, IF HE WILL" "NOT HERE"

What was that? Or who? Was it ever touched upon again? Odd that I never noticed that (Just started another reread)

At the end of Eye of the World Rand hears a voice that yells "IT IS NOT HERE" and "I WILL TAKE NO PART. ONLY THE CHOSEN ON CAN DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, IF HE WILL" "NOT HERE"

What was that? Or who? Was it ever touched upon again? Odd that I never noticed that (Just started another reread)

Unknown. Most common speculation is that it's the Creator.

That seems an awful lot like taking part. (Telling someone they have to do it on their own).

No questions were ever asked of it at any RJ event?

That seems an awful lot like taking part. (Telling someone they have to do it on their own).

No questions were ever asked of it at any RJ event?

It was asked. It was RAFOed. And telling people that you're not taking part is taking part now?