DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

Soup mentioned the first thing that came to mind for me, Rand and Avi's trip to Seanchan. I never understood why the gateway opened straight to there.

She was trying to get as far away from Rand as possible when she opened the gateway.

Have a look at the world map in the BWB, and tell me what's on the opposite side of the globe to the Aiel Waste. Somewhere around T'zura / Rampore I would guess. ;)  

As for the how she did it, that really is an interesting thought.

Do we know if Ilyena Moerelle Dalisar was a channeller?

(Of course, one would expect LTT to have recognised her if that were the case)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ilyena must have been a channeller and fairly distinguished in her own right. She had three names - the third was handed out only for accomplishments. They'd been married for over 50 years before the War started - and she was still a blondie when LTT killed her. Either she was using lots of hair dye or she had slowed.

On the Aviendha topic with the gateway the weave she used wasn't the one everyone else is using now. when fleeing from Seanchan in Ebou Dar she complains that her gateway isn't as big as Elaynes and if she could only remember how she had done the one she did when traveling to Seanchan.

Also a I've allways wondered about Mins wieving in the tower in the 4th book. Aes Sedai and warders would die and on the same day Gawyn would be hurt but not bad but something suggested the wound would be deeper than it seemed. From what I can remember Gawyn didn't get hurt the day the tower split and I know it might have been about him not knowing if he had done the right thing but I don't think it was that. I'm currently on the 3rd book in my re-re-re-re read or something like that but I can't recall a conflict where Aes Sedai died and Gawyn getting wounded that could fit with Mins wieving except maybe Dumais Well but I can't remember the details about that.

There's also the strange thing when Rand is in Rhuidean the first time and he sees the two statues for the first time he leans towards them as he's about to grab them then stands straight and thinks "not yet" as if he knows what they are but later when he's chasing Asmodean and Asmo casts himself at the statue the wording suggest Rand didn't know what the statues were and nothing earlier in the books suggest it either.

Ilyena must have been a channeller and fairly distinguished in her own right. She had three names - the third was handed out only for accomplishments. They'd been married for over 50 years before the War started - and she was still a blondie when LTT killed her. Either she was using lots of hair dye or she had slowed.

Keep in mind that people lived A LOT longer. I mean, 90 was just the time to get married! Here 90 is the time to think about God because you gonna meet him soon. :)

On the Aviendha topic with the gateway the weave she used wasn't the one everyone else is using now. when fleeing from Seanchan in Ebou Dar she complains that her gateway isn't as big as Elaynes and if she could only remember how she had done the one she did when traveling to Seanchan.

Also a I've allways wondered about Mins wieving in the tower in the 4th book. Aes Sedai and warders would die and on the same day Gawyn would be hurt but not bad but something suggested the wound would be deeper than it seemed. From what I can remember Gawyn didn't get hurt the day the tower split and I know it might have been about him not knowing if he had done the right thing but I don't think it was that. I'm currently on the 3rd book in my re-re-re-re read or something like that but I can't recall a conflict where Aes Sedai died and Gawyn getting wounded that could fit with Mins wieving except maybe Dumais Well but I can't remember the details about that.

There's also the strange thing when Rand is in Rhuidean the first time and he sees the two statues for the first time he leans towards them as he's about to grab them then stands straight and thinks "not yet" as if he knows what they are but later when he's chasing Asmodean and Asmo casts himself at the statue the wording suggest Rand didn't know what the statues were and nothing earlier in the books suggest it either.

The conflict in mins viewing was the original split of the tower, and i think gawyns wound was more psychological or emotional than physical. As for the statues thing, perhaps rand subconsciously felt drawn to them because of saidin, but he also subconsciously knew that he couldn't or shouldn't use them yet, all this being subconscious so he doesn't know what they are or what they do, but knows they are important.

Gawyn was injured in exactly the way Min Viewed (blood trickling down his face, I believe it was) during the fighting when the Tower split.

And what do you think the hat does? Why is it so special?

If anything it could have a Finder on it like Moiraine did with the coins she gives the boys in tEotW.

I also think this, and predictions like this one, deserve a bit more consideration than others because of what BS compared the BUT in the WoT to in the Mistborn series. 

Seriously? The hat is actually under consideration? Granted it's almost as minor as the earring in Mistborn, but there was evidence to support that and it's possible you could have caught it once you found at more about Hemalurgy and the spikes. It fit with everything between here enhanced detect, and the voice. Even if it wasn't apparent and become so tiny as to be forgettable the evidence was there.

Where has it ever been implied that the hat is more than a hat? even through events pointing to it, it's no more likely his hat is significant than anything else he wears.

Maybe it's a joke, and I'm just over reacting but please please please... this thread is crazy long already

:D

From Elayne's POV, unless Moiraine knew something, these finder's wear off after awhile.

Moiraine said she would always be able to find them, but did it really last that long? Did she believe she would be with them so long that it would wear off.

Her mission would have been to get them to safety, discover who was the DR, and prepare the WT for him.

I don't know if he is joking, that is why I asked. :-\

i dont know if this fits with the timeline and im not saying its the "big event" that brandson is referencing but it certainly does require attention... and none of the past 3-4 books have given this event any support...

Alanna bonded Rand... She bonded the dragon reborn... against his will...we have yet to hear of any serious ramifications for this "illegal" act but wouldnt you think someone with that power over rand would play a bigger part in the story? whats the point of bonding him against his will if alanna is just going to disappear after? maybe we should be thinking of alanna's original motives and see just what sort of "power" she can hold over rand.. or what type of advantages she now has. She has been nowhere near a key character lately but the act itself was a shocking event. whats the point??? alannna is black?? alanna is messana? maybe the "weakest" forsaken has the biggest ace up her sleeve... i know theres been NO evidence whatsoever that alanna could be messana, especially since references to messana point to her "posing" as a BROWN (though she could be disguising herself as 2 people in and out of the tower), but where has Alanna been all this time? why has it been mentioned in random places that rand feels her crying or in great stress... punished by the dark one? taken over by moridin? k maybe that theory is way out there... but you have to think... a character who performed such an action as Alanna did should be a bigger part of the story- there should be SOME sort of major consequence, otherwise whats the point?... hopefully we learn more about her background and her motives as the ending unfolds...

It built Rand's distrust of AS. :-\

i think it contributed to his distrust but i think it was well sowed before this happened. and alanna apparently did it to help him "heal" (is that right??) but after that she did nothing to try to manipulate him or point him in a certain direction like Moraine or Cadsuane did. i think most of his distrust was more due to them and him thinking he was an aes sedai "puppet"

I didn't mean from scratch..sorry....

It built his mistrust higher.

She Bonded him under the pretense. I don't remember her convo with Verin...but she just thought it was something that need to be done. He shouldn't be loose, and should have been boded right away or some such.

She is disappointed it didn't work as planned. Also, being a green, she takes special interest and believes her Warders are hers. She is mad Rand ignores her and has three girls...who bonded him nonetheless!!!! And one a non-channeler!

I didn't mean from scratch..sorry....

It built his mistrust higher.

She Bonded him under the pretense. I don't remember her convo with Verin...but she just thought it was something that need to be done. He shouldn't be loose, and should have been boded right away or some such.

She is disappointed it didn't work as planned. Also, being a green, she takes special interest and believes her Warders are hers. She is mad Rand ignores her and has three girls...who bonded him nonetheless!!!! And one a non-channeler!

yea i can see her anger... but really... has she made any serious attempt at contacting rand? where has she been the past few books.. hardly mentioned. you would think somone bonding the dragon reborn would have a much bigger part, also she was close with verin, seemingly, and verin was black and may not have given all her info to egwene. i just hope to see a point of it all. she bonded him and then disappeared, why bother if she wasnt going to stick with him? i think an aes sedai would be much more aggressive with him in a similar position.

The past few books, he has been running. But she always tried to follow him.

She is AS though and has to follow people who are higher than her like Cads...

I agree it could play a bigger role, but idk how.

I think you are ignoring how much control Rand has over her...in a sense. She cannot enter the palace (when he is in one). He didn't want to see her, and there wasn't much she could do.

Question: Did she swear fealty to Rand too?

Rand has been very careful to keep Alanna away from him as far as possible. Part of the reason is that he doesn't want her targetted. She's been wandering around Tear and such-like, doing diplomatic stuff. BTW she doesn't know who bonded him.

About the hat, if it really was a finder, the person who gave it to Mat is dead and her successor, Cyndane, hasn't been anywhere near Mat. Considering that her boss issued shoot at sight orders about Mat quite a while back, it seems a little far fetched that she hasn't tried to find and kill Mat if she could. So the hat may just be a hat.

Alanna=Messi is ridiculous. She was in the Tower before the Forsaken were free and then first with Verin in the TR and then with the rebels who tracked Rand down after his kidnapping, then with Cadsuane, and in Tear. She has always had two warders - First the lad who got killed in the TR and the one who didn't, and then Rand and the survivor from the TR. Messi would have had to kidnap her, get her to transfer the bonds of her earlier two warders, without them getting spooked, and then to bond Rand.  

Not sure if Cads knows about Min - she thinks Min has finely honed instincts about women making a play for Rand. If she knew about the bonding, she'd probably mention it in her PoV.

The WOs probably know about Avi.

Brigitte of course, knows about all three (Min and Avi got drunk with her while Elayne was catching up with Rand).

When Alanna meets Rand in WH she slaps him and then says she'll consider transferring the bond -- but he doesn't tell her who to.

(Another reason for keeping Alanna away may be his genuine fear that Avi will knock her block off!)

Archived