DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlikely that the GLoD is in TAR since Shayol Ghul and the Blight can't be reached from TAR.

He's in a phantom zone that is connected to WoT universe only via the Bore and it doesn't have a reflection.

All of the evil monsters running around in the world and in the blight were created by the forsaken themselves I believe? So what is it exactly that the DO does to the world him self? get into peoples heads and give them bad thoughts? He is apparently manifesting right now through the Superfade... is it known that he had a physical manifestation in the past? As I gather the DO was never really free, but the bore gave him access to the world. The 100 companions championed against the bore at the time they did for fear that inaction would allow the bore to continue to grow and that the darkone would truely be free and attempt to stop the turning of the wheel?

All of the evil monsters running around in the world and in the blight were created by the forsaken themselves I believe?

Yes - mostly by Aginor - Osan'gar - Dashiva.

So what is it exactly that the DO does to the world him self? get into peoples heads and give them bad thoughts?

He is apparently manifesting right now through the Superfade... is it known that he had a physical manifestation in the past?

HE SPEAKS IN ALL CAPS IN THEIR HEADS. HE is also messing with the weather, resurrecting people, handing out bubbles of evil.

As far as we know, HE didn't have a physical manifestation in the past. HE may not have needed to, since the seals were not there. 

As I gather the DO was never really free, but the bore gave him access to the world. The 100 companions championed against the bore at the time they did for fear that inaction would allow the bore to continue to grow and that the darkone would truely be free and attempt to stop the turning of the wheel?

That's right. GLoD could have eventually enlarged the Bore (though it's not a physical hole precisely) and broken free from his prison. What HE would have done then, is a mystery except perhaps to Elan-Ishamel-Moridin.

So what is it exactly that the DO does to the world him self? get into peoples heads and give them bad thoughts?

He is apparently manifesting right now through the Superfade... is it known that he had a physical manifestation in the past?

HE SPEAKS IN ALL CAPS IN THEIR HEADS. HE is also messing with the weather, resurrecting people, handing out bubbles of evil.

As far as we know, HE didn't have a physical manifestation in the past. HE may not have needed to, since the seals were not there.

The Seals weren't there, but neither was the Bore. When the Bore isn't there, he can't touch the world.

I was talking about when the seals weren't there but the bore was.

The Seals weren't there, but neither was the Bore. When the Bore isn't there, he can't touch the world.

AoL - there was a long period when the Bore was there and the seals weren't in place.

From the drilling of the Bore to the Strike at Shayol Ghul was a period of around 100-120 years when GLoD touched the world easily.

I'm been thinking more on the subject and here what came to me. In AoL Lanfear created the bore. She is also known as the mistress of TAR, so to say. We know that the SG is not really the entry to the prison, but the closest place in the thin patter (Demandred POV) and that any where else in the world the prison is the same distance. So, why was it Lanfear that made the bore? It makes sense that she did it in the environment she knew the best. I don't think the prison was made simply by drawing A LOT of OP, after all it was only her and one more (from what we know). Also, the amount of power is irrelevant, as we saw with Rand's revelation. It stands to reason that Lanfear "broke" or made a hole in the patter to the DO prison in order to tap into TP. We also know that when traveling, especially in physical form to TAR, one makes ahole in the fabric/reality. I think Lanfear freed the DO by entering TAR in physical form and doing something there (hence the prohibition by WO not to enter TAR in physical shape).

Furthermore, the DO is the Lord of the Grave. We know that TAR hold dead people's souls (at least heroes and wolves). It seems some sort of "purgatory" or a place "in-between" which connects the DO ability to resurrect dead people (forsaken). It seems to indicate that he "plucks" them from the TAR in some way, or takes them to the living world through TAR. In any event, TAR is very closely connected to DO and TAR does not seem to completely belong to the dead heroes or wolves - there is also The Tower and other dangers that they avoid. It is as if they are in the enemy territory or at the least sharing the turf with the enemy.

Not so easily if he couldn't just destroy the world.

Also, I meant before all that havoc started.

Before the Bore.

Also, nophone said this...read my last post.

Sorry - the formatting issues confused me.

He can't destroy the Pattern until he's free. He's a big lad, needs a large hole that-is-not-a hole.

Until the Bore, He was safely walled off so AoL-ers didn't even know He existed.

There was some particle leak though, which Mierin and Bedmedown (can't recall his name) identified as a new power source.

I'm been thinking more on the subject and here what came to me. In AoL Lanfear created the bore. She is also known as the mistress of TAR, so to say. We know that the SG is not really the entry to the prison, but the closest place in the thin patter (Demandred POV) and that any where else in the world the prison is the same distance. So, why was it Lanfear that made the bore? It makes sense that she did it in the environment she knew the best. I don't think the prison was made simply by drawing A LOT of OP, after all it was only her and one more (from what we know). Also, the amount of power is irrelevant, as we saw with Rand's revelation. It stands to reason that Lanfear "broke" or made a hole in the patter to the DO prison in order to tap into TP. We also know that when traveling, especially in physical form to TAR, one makes ahole in the fabric/reality. I think Lanfear freed the DO by entering TAR in physical form and doing something there (hence the prohibition by WO not to enter TAR in physical shape).

Some interesting thoughts here. I never gave any thought to the Dark One and TAR in the same sentence. Slayer jumps to mind; the Dark One gave him powers over TAR it seems. Like being able to switch identities there.

I only read the first 30 pages of this post so I don't know if this has been brought up between there and here.  What if the Unnoticed thing is the Dragon buckle that aviendha gave to Rand.  It is mentioned multiple times throughout the books, and is always regarded as gaudy and dismissed by the characters.

I feel the same about Ishy fleeing to TAR. Having more experience here than rand he could summon and kill him with about anything. I have tended to have the feeling that the darkfriends were recruited and brought here to TAR for their initiations. During Ishy's time partly sealed and partly still in the real world... he had to touch the world in some way. His proximity had to expand beyong just SG.

What exactly does the storm mean? There were skulls coming out of the smoke (or the images of them). Are we to assume that the last of the seals are essentially not really working? Does the storm mean that the DO is back to escaping? You'd have to figure that if the seals are only the chalk of what was once cuellindar that the bore is the same size or larger than it had ever been in it's maximum capacity.

Nyn has been feeling this storm gathering on the horizon for quite some time. I felt like the bowl of the winds was going to come into play for this... or I would have had it not seemingly vanished from the books as soon as it was used. I mean what did the bowl of the winds really do (besides the fact that we know it's some sort of weather control or manipulation ter'angreal)? It seemed like some weather effecting channeling went out into the sky and they all shook hands and...then the season finally changed, then a long and terrible winter (which was extremely undesirable). You'd just figure something that important would show up again in another novel, especially since the weather just seemed to change so quickly and lead right into another weather catastrophe (if i'm not mistaken the bowl could be a contestant for the big "what's the hidden thing" game). With the clouds everywhere, wouldn't someone please bust out the bowl and clear the sky? This over cast is so wide spread that it's talked about by characters from all sorts of geographys. Like the little hole Rand punches in the clouds was cool looking to anyone who could see... but it was truly all the more signifigant because unabated sunshine is that much harder to come by.

There's no mystery to the buckle.  It's made from the steel of Aviendha's spearheads.  It's just a buckle with a dragon on it made from steel.

So we are meant to believe, but Aviendha said she "lied today" to the wise one's and what if the lie about her hating Rand wasn't the only lie.

What those in the Third Age think they know, ain't necessarily so... As we've been told.

What is a Ter'angreal?.. An object made with the One Power to accomplish a specific function that may or may not need the OP to activate it..... more or less.

Using that description/definition the Fox Head Medallion is NOT a ter'angreal.

Why?

Because it's made with "the True Power". Um Hmm, that gift from the foxhead buggers comes from The Dark Side. So there is your proof that the Finn's have some link to the DO. Unless it's just something they collected along the way. It 'looks" like a ter'angreal, it "smells" like a ter'angreal, so it must BE a ter'angreal yes? Ahhh...but no one's "tasted" it yet.

Oh.. beg pardon... Yes I said it's made with TP. Why would I claim that (other than it's probably been claimed elsewhere) What does it do? It scatters "flows/weaves of the OP like snowflakes against a windshield/screen. What else does this? Why our friend the Gholam... Would anyone wager IT is a construct of the OP? The medallion damages Mr. Gholam when it strikes. Here's a giant leap of deduction. They are made from the same "bolt of cloth."  Yep.. it's true, Mat wears a hunka TP about his stretched skull plinth.

This would seem to infer the Guardian of Far from the Madding Crowd is one too. Who sez it ain't? Who made THAT little implement? No matter, it works differently, so they are not in any way the same.

My brain is tired, as many of you have probably been muttering to yourselves by now anyway. So I will leave the implications of this "revelation that is not" to you. How's that for some prophetic and cryptic mumbo jumbo?

Well we know there are weaves that can be sustained in metal objects (like the Finder), so maybe something was done to it. I don't really know, i was just trying to think of something that was introduced in books 4-6 that was fairly overlooked that could turn out to be something nobody realized.

There was water, of a sort, an inky rivulet oozing down the rocky slope beside a gray-roofed forge. Hammers rang inside, and with every ring, white light flared in the cramped windows. A ragged woman crouched in a hopeless heap against the forge’s rough stone wall, clutching a babe in her arms, and a spindly girl buried her face in the woman’s skirts. Prisoners from a raid down into the Borderlands, no doubt. But so few; the Myrddraal must be gnashing their teeth. Their blades failed after a time and had to be replaced, no matter that raids into the Borderlands had been curtailed.

One of the forgers emerged, a thick slow-moving man shape that seemed hacked out of the mountain. The forgers were not truly alive; carried any distance from Shayol Ghul, they turned to stone, or dust. Nor were they smiths as such; they made nothing but the swords. This one’s two hands held a sword blade in long tongs, a blade already quenched, pale like moonlit snow. Alive or not, the forger took care as it dipped the gleaming metal into the dark stream. Whatever semblance of life it had could be ended by the touch of that water. When the metal came out again, it was dead black. But the making was not done yet. The forger shuffled back inside, and suddenly a man’s voice raised a desperate shout.

“No! No! NO!” He shrieked then, the sound dwindling away without losing intensity, as though the screamer had been yanked into unimaginably far distance. Now the blade was done.

Once more a forger appeared—perhaps the same, perhaps another—and hauled the woman to her feet. Woman, babe and child began to wail, but the infant was pulled away and shoved into the girl’s arms. At last the woman found a scrap of resistance. Weeping, she kicked wildly, clawed at the forger. It paid no more mind than stone would have. The woman’s cries vanished as soon as she was inside. The hammers began ringing again, drowning the sobs of the children.

Maybe it has something to do with that?  Not sure if this process has been discussed much, but it's pretty...revealing in a way.  Souls are actually used as weapons.  Or in weapons.  Anything of use in tearing this apart for gems of knowledge?

Why?

Because it's made with "the True Power". Um Hmm, that gift from the foxhead buggers comes from The Dark Side. So there is your proof that the Finn's have some link to the DO. Unless it's just something they collected along the way. It 'looks" like a ter'angreal, it "smells" like a ter'angreal, so it must BE a ter'angreal yes? Ahhh...but no one's "tasted" it yet.

Oh.. beg pardon... Yes I said it's made with TP. Why would I claim that (other than it's probably been claimed elsewhere) What does it do? It scatters "flows/weaves of the OP like snowflakes against a windshield/screen. What else does this? Why our friend the Gholam... Would anyone wager IT is a construct of the OP? The medallion damages Mr. Gholam when it strikes. Here's a giant leap of deduction. They are made from the same "bolt of cloth."  Yep.. it's true, Mat wears a hunka TP about his stretched skull plinth.

It would be sweet irony that Mat, whom is so terrified of the OP, winds up defending himself from it using a construct of the TP. kudos, I like it.

Shinerfan said " (2)Min saw a "darkness" around Bashere. There was also a mysterious exchange, something like "but tell him there'll be one more than we discussed". That comment came in a later book, KoD, maybe, and may have been about the meeting with the Seanchan, but when did Min see the darkness around him? "

First Time poster here.  The collective thoroughness on this blog is very impressive.

I have wondered whether this incident with Bashere could be the Big Thing (Currently) Unnoticed.  The scene where his wife is attacked and almost killed and then he calls for a message to be sent to someone who met him previously with some kind of unexplained proposal - always intrigued me.  That plus Min's viewing of darkness has made me looking for some surprise from him in later books, but I haven't detected anything.  Don't have my books with me, so I can't check if it meets the Books 4-6 requirement, sorry to say. Even if not the B© U T, I would be curious to hear theories about what it could be.  I tried to check the site to see if this was discussed anywhere, but missed it if it is.  So if someone knows where to look, please let me know.

What those in the Third Age think they know, ain't necessarily so... As we've been told.

What is a Ter'angreal?.. An object made with the One Power to accomplish a specific function that may or may not need the OP to activate it..... more or less.

Why?

Oh.. beg pardon... Yes I said it's made with TP. Why would I claim that (other than it's probably been claimed elsewhere) What does it do? It scatters "flows/weaves of the OP like snowflakes against a windshield/screen. What else does this? Why our friend the Gholam... Would anyone wager IT is a construct of the OP? The medallion damages Mr. Gholam when it strikes. Here's a giant leap of deduction. They are made from the same "bolt of cloth."  Yep.. it's true, Mat wears a hunka TP about his stretched skull plinth.

This would seem to infer the Guardian of Far from the Madding Crowd is one too. Who sez it ain't? Who made THAT little implement? No matter, it works differently, so they are not in any way the same.

My brain is tired, as many of you have probably been muttering to yourselves by now anyway. So I will leave the implications of this "revelation that is not" to you. How's that for some prophetic and cryptic mumbo jumbo?

So the eye of the fox (in the shape of the ancient symbol of the AS) was just to throw us off of the trail that it's really made by TP instead of OP?  Nah...  having a hard time with this one - too far into left field and off-topic anyway.  Aquired in the wrong book to be tBUT.

Archived