DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Masema (Full Book Spoilers)

Luckers

My bad, Masuri is not sworn to Rand, but she was part of the Salidar delegation sent to him, and Egwene would know all of those names. And yes, Annoura is definitely high on my list of Darkfriend suspects. Whether Annoura's name is on Verin's list we don't know. Egwene does see names of Aes Sedai who were neither pro-her, nor pro-Elaida, but we don't yet know who those are.

I have to agree with John Gualt, He died it was cool, the end. I look for the most reasonable and simple explanations in things. Maseama was insane. If he saw Rand bathed in light telling him to kill Perrin, it was his own schizoid voices telling him to do it. As far as Faile doing it for Perrin, good for her. It is because of her bordelands upbringing that she deals with threats directly. Perrin is basically a moral coward. He has no fear of charging into battle, but is completely unwilling to take any responibilites. Even Matt has grown past that one. Sorry getting alitle off topic so I'll continue tht thread where appropriate.

My opinion on how he died. I couldn't care less. I never really cared about the whole Prophet/Perrin/Faile/Shaido plot to begin with. It was boring and went on too long. My only reaction is relief, and hope that Perrin and Co. will finally get to do something more interesting then run around in circles.

No, it hasn't been revealed which, if any, of the Chosen was manipulating him.

True, it is more then likely that he is simply a raving lunatic. But when he has a memory of the "Lord Dragon" appearing to him blazing in glory and demanding he kill Perrin.... that seems a tad suspicious.

No, it hasn't been revealed which, if any, of the Chosen was manipulating him.

True, it is more then likely that he is simply a raving lunatic. But when he has a memory of the "Lord Dragon" appearing to him blazing in glory and demanding he kill Perrin.... that seems a tad suspicious.
Indeed. It could be madness, or one of the Chosen, or a Darkfriend. If one of the Chosen, I would guess Moghedien or Cyndane.

i'm curious how this affects things in a grand scale.

The dreamwalkers agreed through Dreaming that he needed to die and the Aes Sedai through their own conclusions (whether for the Light or Black Ajah) that he needed to die as well.

For an event like that to show up in all of their Dreaming...do you think it had some sort of significance?

•  Someone asked if Sanderson could reveal who was behind the visions that Masema was having. Sanderson basically said that there definitely was someone involved with Masema having visions-- he did not provide any further details other than to say that Masema's visions weren't just from Masema being crazy.

As many of you suspected, now confirmed. Demandred, anyone?

•   Someone asked if Sanderson could reveal who was behind the visions that Masema was having. Sanderson basically said that there definitely was someone involved with Masema having visions-- he did not provide any further details other than to say that Masema's visions weren't just from Masema being crazy.
If it is, it's not his main place of operations.

•   Someone asked if Sanderson could reveal who was behind the visions that Masema was having. Sanderson basically said that there definitely was someone involved with Masema having visions-- he did not provide any further details other than to say that Masema's visions weren't just from Masema being crazy.

Oh, I don't doubt that.. I'm in favor of Demandred being all over the place. I'm just wondering who else would bother to cause Masema to have these visions.

Oh, I don't doubt that.. I'm in favor of Demandred being all over the place. I'm just wondering who else would bother to cause Masema to have these visions.
Moridin, perhaps? (Well, Moggy/Cyndane on Moridin's orders.) Spreads chaos, after all. We don't really have any hard evidence to any particular person's involvement, although we do at least have confirmation now that someone was involved.

Couldnt be Morridin he wasnt on the scene when masema started wreaking Havoc, i think its Demandred.

evidence

1. Masema starts tearing up the south in the same book that at the end Demandred asks the DO "Have i not done well?", Also the Dragon sworn have spread more chaos over 3 nations than any other body,(besides the Seanchan and Rands actual army)

2. Sammaels note that "events to the south have Demandreds Mark on them"

3. What better way for a man that wanted to be the Dragon to make his mark, then to manipulate the Prophet of the dragon.

Masema became unhinged at the end of book 2, proclaimed himself the Prophet in book 3, fighting with the WCs kicks off in book 5, there was chaos in GFhealdan before Demandred was even told to start spreading chaos. There's really nothing to suggest Demandred's involvement over anyone else.

Padan Fain maybe? He is mainly after Rand, but he hates everything that has to do with Rand.

Masema was already batsh** insane so using compulsion isn't even necessary. Fain has powers we don't even know of, and he could have a power to disguise himself or give him some sort of holy aura that Masema saw and told him to go after Perrin.

After all, that's a damn good way to go after Rand and speed him along towards failure.

Masema became unhinged at the end of book 2, proclaimed himself the Prophet in book 3, fighting with the WCs kicks off in book 5, there was chaos in GFhealdan before Demandred was even told to start spreading chaos. There's really nothing to suggest Demandred's involvement over anyone else.

Very true Mr. Ares strikes again, but its mentioned in Book 4 not 3 that Masema has started calling himself the prophet of the dragon.

it was probably mesaana its her style, and she wanted to do something useful for the team. that or semi but she was already  captured. we will find out next book more than likely

Archived