DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What was your favorite chapter / scene/quote?

Jason Denzel

oh cmon, no response to Mishima (Prophet) POV and her encounter with Faile?

that was certainly the viewpoint of a madman. funny how brandon got to make his POV...

about Tam, i already was expecting that when Cadsuane first mentioned to Sorilea her plan. pretty devious really. what I wasn't expecting was what will happen when Tam and Rand finally met! I mean everyone wanted that scene for a long time and Rand gets to almost balefire his father?!? ???

Egwene's scenes though are different. used to be a hater, but now... eh? I guess I liked her courage and determination. Hats off to that! Novice circles and Egwene+saangreal? PURE AWESOME - gave me goosebumps!

Bela's scene made me laugh out loud in the middle of the night! Really! Couldn't imagine Brandon getting off with putting Bela on the spotlight there. :D

Easily TGS is a good book among the series. No complains from me there.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 22 was definitely one of the best in the book.  I think Verin's scene is the only one that truly eclipses it (anyone else wondering what is in the letter she gave Mat?  Mat, being Mat, I'm sure he'll open it).  Amazing stuff.  The ending itself with Rand was very well done I think.  RJ/Brandon really took him to the brink.  I was to the point where I was getting sickened by it and then the resolution took me by surprise (though of course, thinking back on it I shouldn't have been too surprised).  I am very interested in how Rand will be acting in the next book.

Oh, and I agree that Mat will bring together Tuon and Rand.  After TGS though, I'm hesitant to believe anyone can accurately predict what will occur from here on out.

Did I get this straight?

Verin joined the Black Ajah many years ago, correct?

She was undetected as a traitor to the Shadow until TGS, correct?

Did Verin join with the intention of infiltrating their organization, or did she change her mind later on? If she changed her mind, then when did she change her allegiance?

Did I get this straight?

Verin joined the Black Ajah many years ago, correct?

yes

She was undetected as a traitor to the Shadow until TGS, correct?

yes

Did Verin join with the intention of infiltrating their organization, or did she change her mind later on? If she changed her mind, then when did she change her allegiance?

sorta...her intention was to study it...she got forced to join it or be killed.  her allegiance was always with the good guys.

Long time lurker, first time poster :D. Getting a bit frustrated for not having the book yet... Could someone please just scan and Pmail me the first ...say 20 chapters? Its should just be a small trouble I think?:D...

well, guess I'll just have to wait a few more days...

Maybe having a winter sleep would work? :-[

Uh let's see...

Nynaeve reached up to her long, single braid--but stopped herself short of tugging on it. She was getting better about that.

BEST. SECTION. EVER.

Edit: Ok, Bela has got to stop showing up... Someone turn her into glue already!

Long time lurker, first time poster :D. Getting a bit frustrated for not having the book yet... Could someone please just scan and Pmail me the first ...say 20 chapters? Its should just be a small trouble I think?:D...

well, guess I'll just have to wait a few more days...

Maybe having a winter sleep would work? :-[

Sounds like you fell into the same trap as I, just could not leave the spoilers well enough alone...

I think people should combine chapters 22 and 23 into one chapter when trying to determine their favorite chapter.  I think chapters 22 and 23 are one chapter because it is basically a cause and effect.  Granted what Rand thinks he knows is false, or warped, and that is what makes chapter 23 fun to read.  I think of those chapters as one chapter and chapters 22 and 23 were my favorite.

I have always thought that Lan would die before the series was out. I am not saying the viewing Min has says anything for sure as she is not able to interpret it herself. Sometimes RJ just threw things in there to confuse us. I think it fits with Min's viewing of Lan, the 7 broken towers and a baby in a cradle with a sword. Min's viewings are ALWAYS about the future and I took this to mean that Lan will fall in battle, leaving his sword to his and Nyn's son (remember the one from the Novice testing?).

I could be totally wrong like I was for other things. For example, I had the viewing of Sheriam totally wrong. I thought the golden light had something to do with her coming back to the Light. Boy was I wrong there...

Most Shocking Moments in the book for me are:

1) Chapters 22-23

2) Rand and Tam. Wow. Enough said.

3) Bryne and Siuan. Saw this happening way differently. Didn't think close meant that close.

4) Veins of Gold. Surely did not expect that to happen. Thought we see some more use of a certain item. (don't know if I can post what it is here or only in the specifically designated chapter threads a this is pretty far into the book)

5) Verin (now that was a complete surprise -- well it was when I read it before I got my copy of the book)

Great googly moogly- 'K, haven't read the book yet, but I figured I'd start wading in like I have on TOR. I've seen the chapter list and have an inkling of what may drop here but my favorite chapters would be any with Mat in it, preferably kicking butt. Followed shortly by any with Faile getting spanked. Although come to think, she does kill somebody who really grinds on me so maybe she isn't all annoying. Nobody walks in the dark so long that they can't find the light.

Woof™.

1) Chapters 22-23

2) Rand and Tam. Wow. Enough said.

3) Bryne and Siuan. Saw this happening way differently. Didn't think close meant that close.

4) Veins of Gold. Surely did not expect that to happen. Thought we see some more use of a certain item. (don't know if I can post what it is here or only in the specifically designated chapter threads a this is pretty far into the book)

5) Verin (now that was a complete surprise -- well it was when I read it before I got my copy of the book)

Can you explain these a bit more? :D

Well, for 5 people have already given info, but for the others?

Can you explain these a bit more? :D

Well, for 5 people have already given info, but for the others?

Chapters 22-23 -- I expected Semi to escape somehow and hurt Rand in the process. I thought she might kill Min. I did not expect her to make Rand torture Min and then start throttling her. I also did not expect to see Rand using the TP in this book. We see Rand pushed as far as it is possible for someone to be pushed and he snaps and becomes cuendillar. These chapters were some of the hardest for me to read as you felt just how much despair Rand is filled with.

Rand and Tam -- Being ready to balefire the man who cared for you and raised you? We see how deep Rand has fallen into insanity and darkness.

Bryen and Siuan -- I never expected Siuan to bond Bryne. I guess I should have seen that possibility. That is all I meant there.

Veins of Gold -- A long awaited resolution that involved the unexpected action of completely destroying the CK.

Verin -- My mouth dropped open when I found out Verin was BA and it dropped open again when I read it in the scene. This was the second big shocker of the book behind Rand's stuff. It was also sad as Verin was one of my favorite characters. After seeing the extent she went to destroy the Black Ajah after learning about them, you can't help but step back for a minute.

Does that satisfy your request?

Archived