DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What was your favorite chapter / scene/quote?

Jason Denzel

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Verin.  Hands down. That scene was amazing. My favorite was when Jordan/ Sanderson ticked off all the fan theories and said "Nope, these are WRONG!"

Agree...my thought process went something like

1. Holy crap Egwene is screwed

2. Wait, what's going on here?

3. Oh my God that's awesome!

Speaking as someone who strongly identifies with the Brown Ajah, that kind of badassery in the name of research is just awesome.

But really, I enjoyed most of the WT stuff. And I know there's complaints that Mat is a bit off, but I enjoyed his scenes. The bit where he's creating all the alias and elaborate disguises to sneak into the village made me laugh out loud.

As much as I wanted to see an alliance between those two, I really don't think it could have ended differently. I mean, you put two people who are both convinced they are the absolute most important thing in the universe in a room with each other and tell them to compromise. It ain't happening.

Yea I see your point on the two strong egos not being able to compromise.  I was hoping that they would use the fact that they are both tied to Mat as a place to seek common ground and compromise.  I was hoping it went something like this. Rand says to Tuon, you must join me, truce until after TG.  Tuon says only if the overall commander of the Seanchen forces is my husband.  Rand says no way, Mat Cauthon will be in command of the Seanchen.  Tuon says so then you agree with me, Mat is my husband.  Rand makes a bow to Tuon as Mat's wife.  Tuon swears fealty to Rand through TG because he bowed to her as Mat's wife.  Tuon says half the prophecy is fulfilled, you bowed to me, now I just gotta tie the Sounder of the Horn to me to fulfill the 2nd part.  Nynaeave tugs her braid and says well as to that...

I was in a way surprised to see Nynaeave sticking up for Mats character, but then again, she always did take care of her own people.

Oh yeah, Mat would have been a great way to bridge that gap between them. But both are being cagey as hell there and not really talking to each other.  Again, all very in character, if frustrating for the reader who knows these two MUST make an alliance before the Last Battle.

Yea I see your point on the two strong egos not being able to compromise.  I was hoping that they would use the fact that they are both tied to Mat as a place to seek common ground and compromise.  I was hoping it went something like this. Rand says to Tuon, you must join me, truce until after TG.  Tuon says only if the overall commander of the Seanchen forces is my husband.  Rand says no way, Mat Cauthon will be in command of the Seanchen.  Tuon says so then you agree with me, Mat is my husband.  Rand makes a bow to Tuon as Mat's wife.  Tuon swears fealty to Rand through TG because he bowed to her as Mat's wife.  Tuon says half the prophecy is fulfilled, you bowed to me, now I just gotta tie the Sounder of the Horn to me to fulfill the 2nd part.  Nynaeave tugs her braid and says well as to that...

I was in a way surprised to see Nynaeave sticking up for Mats character, but then again, she always did take care of her own people.

I wish that happened...nothing in WoT ever goes that easily...lol.

But seriously, how come Nynaeve didn't say to Tuon and all the assembled Seanchan something like, "oh by the way, all your sul'dam can channel.  seriously...try it...but an a'dam on one and you'll see.  your society is a sham.  have a nice day."

In so many ways the meeting between Rand & Co and Tuon was a missed opportunity.  The participants were very much in character, being all cagey as Kat said, keeping their cards close to their chest so to speak.  But for crying out loud, TG is coming.  If that's not a reason to bury the hatchet, what is?

Does anything think that Tuon being upset at Mat was a ploy to use as leverage over Rand or is she really mad at Mat for kidnapping her?  I thought she had a grand adventure with Mat, and didn't think she would be mad.  I mean, sure, being kidnaped is not like a walk in the park, but I thought the experience she had with Mat made up for it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the assault on the WT?  I thought it was a great scene in many respects, but I didn't feel it really was congruent with Egwene's dream of the two ravens flying into the tower, shaking off some drops of oil that burned on the way down, then flying off.  I thought Mat and Tuon would be the two Ravens, and straighten out the tower split before heading up to Tarwin's Gap for TG.  I know the majority of the board discussion predicted an assault similar to what happened, but it seems different than Egwene's dream. 

Suffa, your name is Suffa now.

Agreed. The reality was different than the Dream. So either we haven't seen everything yet, or the Pattern is being disrupted by the Dark One so that even Dreams and Foretellings are no longer accurate.

Agreed. The reality was different than the Dream. So either we haven't seen everything yet, or the Pattern is being disrupted by the Dark One so that even Dreams and Foretellings are no longer accurate.

Or that RJ didn't leave any notes about how exactly it would happen and Brandon took his best swing at it.

Veins of Gold was a magnificent chapter. Also loved Rands meeting with Tam, though it made me sad. All the Eggwene stuff is pretty coool, and the book was just perfect exciting....

And the pace... How many months did we just roll through in  Randland.'

But I wonder, will we still get a POV from Perrin now that we know what has happened in his journey?

Yes the meeting between Rand and Tam also made me sad.  Of all the people to turn on, I thought Tam would be the last.  It really shows how hardened he has become and gives a sense of desparation to the reader that the Light needs to get Rand's head back on straight.  I'm really looking forward to the next book though.  Rand is on the warpath and is going to kick some serious rear end in the beginning of that it looks like.

The scene with Verin and Egwene might be my favorite scene of the entire series. Just awesome. So many other good scenes too, but that one was the best of the book by far for me.

As far as Rand/Tuon goes, it was never going to happen with just those two talking, especially with Rand in the state he was. With Rand being the way he was, I didn't want Tuon to give in. I wanted there to be a truce but... I didn't want it to be because Rand was ta'veren. I was actually cheering for her there, because I didn't want her to be shamed in front of all those High Blood for giving in like that.

As soon as Mat is back with Rand, I think they'll meet with Tuon again and get their alliance fairly easily. I'm pretty sure Tuon's going to be a lot more scared of marath'damane after she gets word from the attack on the WT.

The scene with Verin and Egwene might be my favorite scene of the entire series. Just awesome. So many other good scenes too, but that one was the best of the book by far for me.

As far as Rand/Tuon goes, it was never going to happen with just those two talking, especially with Rand in the state he was. With Rand being the way he was, I didn't want Tuon to give in. I wanted there to be a truce but... I didn't want it to be because Rand was ta'veren. I was actually cheering for her there, because I didn't want her to be shamed in front of all those High Blood for giving in like that.

As soon as Mat is back with Rand, I think they'll meet with Tuon again and get their alliance fairly easily. I'm pretty sure Tuon's going to be a lot more scared of marath'damane after she gets word from the attack on the WT.

I agree with you on the Rand/tuon meeting. Taverness would be too easy

Verin.  Hands down. That scene was amazing. My favorite was when Jordan/ Sanderson ticked off all the fan theories and said "Nope, these are WRONG!"

hahah! same reaction too dude! especially when verin like just stated the most obvious phrase in the world hahah

hahah! same reaction too dude! especially when verin like just stated the most obvious phrase in the world hahah

My first reaction was actually "OMG, those lunatics who believe in that idiotic Pink Ajah theory were right!"

I was so stunned I didn't turn the page, and I got up, walked to the computer, and e-mailed my friend to tell her that Verin's in the Pink Ajah.

(I had to e-mail her again 2 minutes later). Then I'd say about 2 minutes after that I started crying, heh.

Egwene:  You never held the Oath Rod.

Verin:  Don't be silly.

Egwene:  I don't trust you.

Verin:  Very wise.  I am after all Black Ajah.

Egwene tried to rationalize why Verin could lie.  When she finds out Verin is Black, she thinks she is screwed.  Very funny scene as it was written, as Verin was talking about being black in a nonchalant way ;D.  THis was a great scene.

I loved A Fount of Power though, full of action.

And of course, Veins of Gold, I was stunned and amazed here.

Archived