DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm sure i'm alone on this...but...

Ashaman DeRouge

...in the interest of passing the next two weeks, why not post anything.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Nynaeve might become enlightened, or somehow gain supernatural powers OTHER than channeling?

What would she be like as some sort of Demi-Godess? If she let her rage go, her irritation go, you know?

She seems to hang around alot, and i think her 'role' in the series would take a dramatic, but perhaps forshadowed epic twist.

...in the interest of passing the next two weeks, why not post anything.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Nynaeve might become enlightened, or somehow gain supernatural powers OTHER than channeling?

What would she be like as some sort of Demi-Godess? If she let her rage go, her irritation go, you know?

She seems to hang around alot, and i think her 'role' in the series would take a dramatic, but perhaps forshadowed epic twist.

lol She hasn't already been dramatic enough?

She discoverred a new weave of healing (never the mind that Sumeko of the Kin does the same)

She helped heal the Taint on Sadin

She discovered the weave to heal being Stilled

She has now influenced the rebirth of Malkier

She is one of the only women Rand seems to trust

I think she'll play some more epic roles, perhaps learn how to bring someone back to life.

As far as her gaining supernatural status....doubt it =D  Besides, even though she's done some amazing things, she's been highlyspecialized as far as what she wields with Sadar (mostly healing), so she isn't even as talented as far as Aes Sedai weaves go (yet, she will live a long time, and if she stops being stubborn, she can learn a lot from her fellow Aes SEdai).

I hope she either dies horribly and gruesomely at some point or lets go of her hypocrisy and stops being so arrogant and disdainful of men.

I do not see Nynaeve as disdainful of men.

In the last several books, Nynaeve has been nice toward men; at least Lan and Rand.

It seems doubtful that Nynaeve would become a godess/demigodess.

Yellow Ajah leader, there seems a slight chance for that.  Amyrlin, that also seems doubtful.

Nynaeve I think would become queen of Malkier (when Lan gains the throne), and bear at least one of Lan's children.

Viewing about Lan seems to indicate both.

Anything beyond that for Nynaeve seems doubtful, except maybe discovering Healing for various conditions.

If he promoted her to the High Blood, they'd have to shave her head completely.

That means she'd have to find another compensation mechanism - like sniffing and skirt smoothing and looking down her nose.

Please, oh Creator, spare us from yet another sniffing-skirt-smoothing-nose-staring woman!

Rand's attempt in Shadow Rising I would consider being close to Healing death.

If anybody could Heal death, Rand or Nynaeve or Flinn might.  Each because of their skill in Healing.  Rand because of knowing some about death.  Nynaeve because of her knowledge of at least one other realm.  Flinn because he discovered saidin's version of Nynaeve's Healing.

If would have to be a combination of re-attaching the soul to the body, and re-animating the body at the same time. I don't think it's impossible, but I REALLY don't think it'll happen.

If it did, it would be amazing, but I think that it would cause too many problems in Randland. All of a sudden, if death is not to be feared, the world would be turned upside down. Cities would burn, riots started from people who have had loved ones die and demand they be bought back, overstressing the feeble manpower of Aes Sedai (or Ashaman...)

I just don't see it happening.

I guess I see something in Nynaeve that, if she lost all the anger and irritation, would be quite divine. Goddess is of course a bit far fetched, but she will definately end up being someone who legend's are built up around, as the years passed. The Mother of New Malkier if you will, one of the strongest Aes Sedai ever, companion of the Dragon Reborn... I just feel we have definately not seen the last of the awesomeness of our favourite braid-tugger.

...Get your mind out the gutter!

Nynaeve lost some amount of anger in surrendering to saidar. (Crown of Swords Chapter 31)

I guess I see something in Nynaeve that, if she lost all the anger and irritation, would be quite divine.

Anger and irritation can at times be considered good things; depending on what caused them and/or depending on how they are released.

Even deities have some degree of both.

I just remembered the scene from Pulp Fiction, with Samuel Jackson reciting "and FUUUUURious Anger!"

Absolutely, anger and irritation are very healthy if done right, I'm talking MOTHER THERESA calmness though. Turn the other cheek taken to extreme's if you will.

I doubt anything else with change with Nynaeve though. She has already come on a huge journey, and seem's to be the person she needs to be to now 'get busy' (not saying she hasn't already) and do some great things.

What Rand did to the girl was more like necromancy than resurrection. Without the soul the body is just a puppet filled with the power. Presuming that a soul wasn't needed (which it is) Rand or someone with callandor or the CK could ressurect someone. In theory.

Presuming that a soul wasn't needed (which it is) Rand or someone with callandor or the CK could ressurect someone. In theory.

Slight chance with Callandor.  More probable with Choedan Kal; or possibly with that other stronger than Callandor (if it is still around).  Probably most probable using one of those in a circle of linked channelers (with at least one being a saidin channeler).

If there is a terangreal that allows access to dead souls (or if some channeler could invent such a terangreal), that may need to be used.

My vote is on Nyaneve, Moiraine, Rand, and Callandor healing death.

Just to make sure, you mean those channelers linked with each other or those channelers individually?

If linked, probably with Nynaeve melding the flows (since Callandor's flaw likely still exists).

Archived