DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm sure i'm alone on this...but...

Ashaman DeRouge

Scientifically speaking (yes I know this is a fantasy book), a body could be healed after death because the power can be used to restart the heart and repair damaged brain cells and nerves. But it'd have to be pretty soon after the person died or the body will start to rot. Of course they'd be very hungry afterwords.

It would be plausible to heal the damage done to the body; the wounds that killed them, restart the heart, organs, brain, etc. But that would still be like necromany, the person would be living but still dead without a soul. Think of that Ogier Treesinger that had been black winded; he was alive, but he was partially or completely soulless. Would you want to live like that? With something that could pull the soul back, then it would be possible, but anything less, and they are a soulless puppet zombie.

If he promoted her to the High Blood, they'd have to shave her head completely.
High Blood are not completely bald, only the Imperial family. High Blood only shave the sides of the scalp. So unless Nynaeve marries the Empress Tuon, she'd keep her braid.

It would be plausible to heal the damage done to the body; the wounds that killed them, restart the heart, organs, brain, etc. But that would still be like necromany, the person would be living but still dead without a soul. Think of that Ogier Treesinger that had been black winded; he was alive, but he was partially or completely soulless. Would you want to live like that? With something that could pull the soul back, then it would be possible, but anything less, and they are a soulless puppet zombie.

Yes my point was that if you could heal the damage to brain cell that resulted from loss of blood(oxygen) then the persons memories would remain intact. This is the closest scientific explanation I have for what a soul is.

In a world were souls don't exist (not that i'm saying that i believe in real-life souls) which this world isn't, your theory would work, but this world has souls, so your teory fails. Sorry, but it does. In real-life, maybe, but in fantasy, no. sorry.  :(

Ya'll are forgetting that one of the key aspects of Healing is that only part of the power of Healing comes from the Aes Sedai (or Asha) doing the healing.  The rest comes from the person being Healed.

A dead person has no energy left to contribute, thus couldn't be healed.

Ya'll are forgetting that one of the key aspects of Healing is that only part of the power of Healing comes from the Aes Sedai (or Asha) doing the healing.  The rest comes from the person being Healed.

One of the Forsaken commented on this, I believe it may have been Semirhage. That's only the case with these less efficient weaves. I believe when done as in the Age of Legends all the power of Healing comes from the One Power.

And this world indeed has souls. I don't quite know when they enter or leave the body, but once a person's dead I'd imagine it's up to the Wheel to spin them out again regardless of what the body's doing, and I don't think it's possible to pluck them out unless you're the Creator/Dark One or in rare circumstances like the heroes of the horn.

Unconscious people have been Healed and they do not contribute either.

Unconscious people are still living and therefore contribute.

How?  I do not recall any channeler asking the other to contribute when the other is unconscious.

Also, some situations of Healing seem to not require contribution from the one being Healed.  Bruises seem to be one of those situations.

How?  I do not recall any channeler asking the other to contribute when the other is unconscious.

Also, some situations of Healing seem to not require contribution from the one being Healed.  Bruises seem to be one of those situations.

It is not something that is asked, when you Heal someone with the old method, it automatically draws energy from the person being Healed.

Smaller wounds requires less energy, so Healing something as small as a bruise would not draw much more than the person starting to feel like they want a snack.

Archived