DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why did you choose your name?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Egwene

At the time that I joined early this year, I was going through a bad patch healthwise. As I had just re-read KoD, I kind of hit on the idea to take the trips of Egwene to the MoN as a template on how to deal with the bad patches. It helped me tremendously so it seemed natural to take that name. It's also easy to remember *g*

It's a slight change to my old DM name, kasnen. When I tried to rejoin the new improved DM I didn't get a confmation email. So I had to use a new name and email. So a changed the 's' to a 'z' (which was how I pronounced the name anyway).

Kasnen was my favorite AD&D char. He was an elf ranger who died because because the dungeon master was a d!ck. Kasnen sprang and trap, while flying over the pressure plates, and no rolls were involved with his death, bastard dungeon master. :evil:

I've always liked the name Natael. Its got a nice sound to it. Also i conect to Asmodean in and of the fact that he must play two parts in his life to survive. Though my survival is not necessarily an actual "life-or-death" thing its more of playing a part for other's sake. I constantly wear a mask so to speak just as Asmodean does. Incidently I also like the name Asmodean, sounds nice as well, but Netael rolls off the tongue easier.

And Merlin's lover was named Nimue (I think I misspelled it but its pronounced nimu-way, short u)

i was rereading a norwegian fantasy serie that i like...and considered several names of main chars in there...Ata Dorje is the main char of main chars in the book of sorts ...and since the series is norwegian while this is an english forum it was unlikely that anyone else would have the name in past or future

Well, for me, it came in a few parts. The most important of which (and only one I will ever divulge) comes from the fact that there is a Jhirad sept of the Goshien Aiel. I made a slight modification to that, and it has come to sound (at least to me) like the embodiment of an Aiel name. And having been a part of the Aiel since back in Mandein's day, well, I thought it fitting to keep it when I came back. Besides that, it's become my online alias for everything. There are a lot of people outside of cyberspace who think of me and refer to me by my handle.

Jhirrad

I thought about it for about thirty seconds and then went "Oh! Shanara!" I had never heard of anything called, named, or otherwise affiliated with the name Shanara, so I have NO clue where the heck it came from... and don't blame Terry Brooks. various people lately have been teling mee I should have addd the other n but before that I had no clue. So there.

Mine came from one of my favorite pink floyd songs "Wish You Where Here," I think it is such a profound song, but I didnt want to rip it off entirely, so I originlly wrote "wishyouwherehere" I thought that It was cool. twas too long so I changed it to Wishy, which is what I was called anyway. :shock:

It's pretty clear from my signature that this account is named after my primary character, but the character herself was lifted intact from original fiction I was writing at the time, as was the name I originally used as an account name. People came to know me better by this one so I switched over to using Sirayn. Unfortunately it's given rise to a lot of nicknames, including Sirakins and Siry Wiry, which lack a certain ... Aes Sedai quality. ;)

Guest pheobe sedai

well i chose mine for the fact that my nickname has been pheobe since i was a freshman in high school and i will eventually be aes sedai

mine well off course i'm a god and mischief and fire are the only good things to be god of (almost anyway) and the second part is the surname of a slightly evil also mischievous vampire who is super cool so that all suits me down to that stuff under my feet. the other reason i chose this is i was frantically trying to think up a name and the popped into my head and the rest of the voices in here agreed. so there.

My name was sort of an accident. 6 or 7 years ago I was in the process of making a game (graphics and layout, can't program for the life of me). As is always the cause, programs have bugs in the early stages. At one point we had no way of removing registered users, and i needed to create several accounts.

My nick at that time was actually MatrimC, but becouse of said bug i could not re-register with the same name and i ended up using Jimmyth (short for Jimmy the hand, one of my favorite fantasy characters). Same thing again and i changed the "y" to an "i" and ended up with Jimmith. After that the name just stuck :)

Guest Haxorsist

Got my nick from merging Hax ('cause I used to play Counter-Strike at the time :lol:) and exorcist. I was 11 and thought it was clever. :D I guess it should've been Haxorcist, but when I found out that was how it was spelled I had used Haxorsist too long to wanna change it.

My name was supposed to be al'Cal, but the sign ' isn't normally accepted in names on the Internet, so I didn't even try it.

Anyways, Cal is the three first letters in my nickname, and it sounds nice. The "al" is of course from WoT :wink:

Easy, it was the name given to me by the wolfkin because it summed up my personality in a wolf-style way. Lara Luvitt is my main nickname though, everyone calls me it :) Miss Luvitt, because I do love it, and I say so frequently, and Lara after Lara Croft because of my pronounced accent, long brown hair and ability to fit an inordinate amount of stuff into a very tiny rucksack.

Jeff Ryan is the name of a character I play over on OtherSpace MUSH. Jeff was first created in '95 for Solar Realms MUX and then Hemlock II. He starred in a novel I wrote when I was about 20/21 and his longest lived form is the last four years over on the aforementioned OtherSpace. Basically since '95 he's the name I use online.

Jeff

i chose this handle because i'm so amazingly awesome that few people even believe it could be true. 8)

at least in my own head... :D also, i thought it sounded cool and was the name of an RP character i created a while back.

Archived