DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Towers of Midnight Speculation Thread (Spoilers for tGS)

JenniferL

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she has to make leaving one of her wishes... remember mat had to do that and he didn't add alive so that's why he was hung

I always assumed he got hung because he didn't bargain before making his wishes(they set the price; his life)?

See that's what I'm saying...you will never understand Nynaeve or even Egwene for that matter. How could a man understand anything that a woman finds important? I have been reading this series for a long time and I'm sure that I understand the importance of this far better than you could.  So please spare me your ignorance!!  Besides even you have to see that there is some importance in Lan's battle!!!

Yowza, that's awfully harsh and somewhat over the line.  There are many things my partner finds important that I understand and I know the same is true for many couples - kids come to mind first and foremost, but many aspects of life are human experiences more than gender specific experiences.

Given the gray hairs in my beard, I would like to think how long I've been doing this human thing would guarantee I'm doing it better now than I did days past.  I'm not so sure that's true. It undermines your position when you use it as a foundation for authority.

edit to add: I just noticed the symmetry of the subject for these last few posts and which post number this is for me - ha!

she has to make leaving one of her wishes... remember mat had to do that and he didn't add alive so that's why he was hung

So what did she wish for, I wonder?

-Rand/the Light to prevail?

-Rand to get some sense?

I don't have ant clue.

I don't know but it will be interesting to find out won't it???

oh the thread is just fine where it is headed...

and yes I am on my phone....you think i would double post if i knew someone else had replied?

and btw tigraine, i have clue...more than you even....wo connot seem to stop obsessing over lan to realize that he will prob die...and he will die knowing what he did was for the good of mankind....

So what did she wish for, I wonder?

-Rand/the Light to prevail?

-Rand to get some sense?

I don't have ant clue.

I think one of her wishes was to kill Asmodean(she clearly stated that he was the same man who abandoned the light in the first place and very dangerous as follows, but I won't turn this thread into the bottomless pitfall that is the question of whom killed Asmo). :D

I don't think the Eelfinn would have the power to keep the DO from touching the world because as Verin explained: if the DO is freed in one world, he's freed in all of them(which would suggest that they would have done so already had they the power).

Another of her wishes was to kill Lanfear; she's reincarnated as Cyndane(at least I believe it to be so).

Her third I'm not sure about, but she at least got rid of the forsaken closest to Rand with two of her three wishes. ;)

Anyone else ever wonder how Moiraine got trapped - I mean unless she had three wishes fulfilled and made a deal that she'd stay, I see no reason for her captivity beyond the ter'angreal?

/trying to steer the thread in another direction..  

Maybe the destruction of the gateway terminated the bargains with the 'Finns.  Who knows, it could be that they need the doorways in order to continue receiving sensations from the real world and now they're really ticked off since one has been destroyed.  Instead of having two portals open for input, now the snakes and foxes have only one to share.  Or maybe just the foxes are mad because lost their source of textiles.

Hmmm, thinking out loud here, but maybe Mat is wrong about the snakes and foxes seeing through his eyes, at least since the doorway melted.  Or maybe only the foxes and that's why he only has one eye on that balancing scale.

forgot to mention i am back....in da car now and using th charger...

i know what i would wish for...people who have some sense to go along with the number of times the claim they have read the books....

oh here we go again... i (unlike other ppl) have the sense to realize this is just a story.  So to say that i am obsessed with one of the characters is just beyond ridiculous.  and whoever you found to tell you what to right ed, tell them i said hi.

Anyone else ever wonder how Moiraine got trapped - I mean unless she had three wishes fulfilled and made a deal that she'd stay, I see no reason for her captivity beyond the ter'angreal?

Maybe the destruction of the gateway terminated the bargains with the 'Finns.  Who knows, it could be that they need the doorways in order to continue receiving sensations from the real world and now they're really ticked off since one has been destroyed.  Instead of having two portals open for input, now the snakes and foxes have only one to share.  Or maybe just the foxes are mad because lost their source of textiles.

Hmmm, thinking out loud here, but maybe Mat is wrong about the snakes and foxes seeing through his eyes, at least since the doorway melted.  Maybe that's why he only has one eye on that balancing scale.

Heh forgot that the doorway melted. That would quite easily explain why she couldn't return. :) I think the one eye on the scale refers to his past memories(as him being only 50% Matrim and 50% old heroes).

Is it ever mentioned if Lan could feel his bond to Moiraine when she goes through the first ter'angreal?

computer or cell phone....ur still here...

i am actually out and about...miss mandragoran!

you think you're funny don't you??

Maybe the destruction of the gateway terminated the bargains with the 'Finns.  Who knows, it could be that they need the doorways in order to continue receiving sensations from the real world and now they're really ticked off since one has been destroyed.  Instead of having two portals open for input, now the snakes and foxes have only one to share.  Or maybe just the foxes are mad because lost their source of textiles.

Hmmm, thinking out loud here, but maybe Mat is wrong about the snakes and foxes seeing through his eyes, at least since the doorway melted.  Maybe that's why he only has one eye on that balancing scale.

Heh forgot that the doorway melted. That would quite easily explain why she couldn't return. :) I think the one eye on the scale refers to his past memories(as him being only 50% Matrim and 50% old heroes).

Is it ever mentioned if Lan could feel his bond to Moiraine when she goes through the first ter'angreal?

it is never mentioned so i assume that he could still feel her

you guys need to chill before the moderator deletes this thread. like really relax. both of you.

You r completely right... sorry it got so outta hand.

hey its cool. just making sure you and everyone else can theorize about other stuff later.

I think the Taim v. Logain fight (if it happens) will be cooler than the cleansing. i personally like those one on ones. they might get their respective posses in on the fight as well. madness would ensue.

Maybe the destruction of the gateway terminated the bargains with the 'Finns.  Who knows, it could be that they need the doorways in order to continue receiving sensations from the real world and now they're really ticked off since one has been destroyed.  Instead of having two portals open for input, now the snakes and foxes have only one to share.  Or maybe just the foxes are mad because lost their source of textiles.

Hmmm, thinking out loud here, but maybe Mat is wrong about the snakes and foxes seeing through his eyes, at least since the doorway melted.  Maybe that's why he only has one eye on that balancing scale.

Yeah, I think so... that's the same as when Rand went through, right? under the WT? (Or was it the Stone?) Anyway, I think it felt different to him, but I can't remember how.

But I could be wrong!

Archived