DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Towers of Midnight Speculation Thread (Spoilers for tGS)

JenniferL

and if Rand loses the last battle because of said trollop's "foresight" of "having" to send troops to tarwins gap? how wold feel about her then? and egwene has away more important role now...she is the only one who can bring peace with rand and the AS. he will trust her as much as Nyn, and she is the amrylin seat. nyn isn't even really AS yet....Lan would hate her if he found out they lost because of her...tho he probably won't if he is dead...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See that's what I'm saying...you will never understand Nynaeve or even Egwene for that matter.  How could a man understand anything that a woman finds important? I have been reading this series for a long time and I'm sure that I understand the importance of this far better than you could.  So please spare me your ignorance!!  Besides even you have to see that there is some importance in Lan's battle!!!

oh...plz...

i may be a guy...but i have read the same series as  and i know how they think....being a woman or a man does not make it any easier to understand  a character...

and idk about u...but i have read this series three times...

lan's battle may be important...but not enough to loe the LAST battle...

i've read it about seven times ok...and Lan's battle will be very important to the Last Battle so don't go throwing that crap out there.  How can fighting a horde of Trollocs at Tarwin's Gap cause them to lose the last battle... Do you think about what you write before you write it?  Or do you just throw this stuff out there???

do u read what others write, or can u just not comprehend what they say...if Rand concetrates his forces forces enough to let lan survve...he will not have the forces needed to survive everywhere else....

i wonder if ur just saying 7 since u don't realize the importance of lan's SACRAFICE.....

Oh i comprehend just fine Ed,  but thinking that Lan has to die is just nonsense.  He'll win no matter what the great Dragon Reborn does and be an incredible ally during the last battle.  And are you accusing me of lying about how many times i've read the series?  I don't take well to insults

and if Rand loses the last battle because of said trollop's "foresight" of "having" to send troops to tarwins gap? how wold feel about her then? and egwene has away more important role now...she is the only one who can bring peace with rand and the AS. he will trust her as much as Nyn, and she is the amrylin seat. nyn isn't even really AS yet....Lan would hate her if he found out they lost because of her...tho he probably won't if he is dead...

Remember that Rand was a bit f:ed in the head after the a'dam incident and thus wouldn't have helped out Lan because of it. Lan is certainly not going to die before the last battle as he's been with us since the beginning. I'm guessing Nynaeve is going to travel Lan out of the battle before the borderlands are completely overrun if Rand refuses to help.

I'm honestly most stoked about the potential battle between Logain and Taim. Going to be epic - coming close to the cleansing of saidin. ;)

even ur precious Nyn doesn't think he will survive....and no i don't think he HAS to die...but he does...he and Rand know it is OKAY!!! let's just say if u've read it 7 times...u would understand why it's ok for him to die....i have a feeling u must be just like Nyn if ur arguing for this...

even ur precious Nyn doesn't think he will survive....and no i don't think he HAS to die...but he does...he and Rand know it is OKAY!!! let's just say if u've read it 7 times...u would understand why it's ok for him to die....i have a feeling u must be just like Nyn if ur arguing for this...

While I agree that it is important for the Light to keep the Shadow's forces from reaching beyond Tarwin's Gap, it's still not necessary for Lan to die.

I will take that as a compliment.  Nynaeve might have a short fuse but she does stand up for stuff she believes in...that's how most women are.  We don't just change our minds cuz every tom, dick and ed think we should. Now what do you think about that...someone agrees that Lan doesn't have to die? Is that what you think really or are you just saying that he needs to die cuz someone else posted it somewhere else and you thought that was the way it was supposed to be?

that last message was for toss...

and i love how she stans up for herself...then crying like a blubbring fool when she csn't do something..

and actually this is my idea...

i don't xhange it just because a control freak of a woman tries to tell me otherwise....

u just proved u r just like her, except ur fuse is shorter! and quicker to light to boot...

and if u think that is a complimnt, I'll just let u think that....

I will take that as a compliment.  Nynaeve might have a short fuse but she does stand up for stuff she believes in...that's how most women are.  We don't just change our minds cuz every tom, dick and ed think we should. Now what do you think about that...someone agrees that Lan doesn't have to die? Is that what you think really or are you just saying that he needs to die cuz someone else posted it somewhere else and you thought that was the way it was supposed to be?

I don't think anyone HAS to die, but one thing is for sure - Tarwin's Gap needs to be held. It's the only part where the shadow's forces can be concentrated and thus their advantage in sheer numbers won't matter(think "300"). He has yet to become Nynaeve's warder and I don't think RJ ever planned on killing anyone of the lead characters except for Rand(and I don't even think he'll die).

can't even defend ur arguments?

I am on my cell, which is a lot harder to type on (especially when u can't feel ur fingers)....

do u keep dictionary.com open in another window to help you?

cause i can make 'big' words just fine...btw...those ere not big words...well, for u i guess...so nvm

that last message was for toss...

and i love how she stans up for herself...then crying like a blubbring fool when she csn't do something..

and actually this is my idea...

i don't xhange it just because a control freak of a woman tries to tell me otherwise....

u just proved u r just like her, except ur fuse is shorter! and quicker to light to boot...

and if u think that is a complimnt, I'll just let u think that....

Rofl I think she's the spitting image of every woman I know. :D

we knew he would go to that trollop from the beinning...Egwene is from the same village and he was bethrothed to her! i don't exactly see them as best friends...if nyn knew lan like she shuld as his wife then she would know he would gladly die fighting the shadow in the most important battle ever!

Now here is where you are completely wrong.  For some duration of the series, this would have been true, but definitely not now.  If duty decries his death, he will not run from it, but neither will he "gladly" welcome it any longer.  Despite everything he has seen, done and survived since birth, Nyn has cultivated a place in his heart and he now finally knows what it really means to be a man.  The sword may yet need to be sheathed, if so it will be done with sadness.

I don't think anyone HAS to die, but one thing is for sure - Tarwin's Gap needs to be held. It's the only part where the shadow's forces can be concentrated and thus their advantage in sheer numbers won't matter(think "300"). He has yet to become Nynaeve's warder and I don't think RJ ever planned on killing anyone of the lead characters except for Rand(and I don't even think he'll die).

LOL I dunno about that

Lan's death at the borderlands has been hinted at since EOTW

I can defend my arguements just fine.  I just feel that I don't need to explain myself to someone who is obviously inferior.  Tarwin's Gap has to be held...it will be held and the Lan will come back and beat the **** out of Rand and call it a day.  For your information...I can hold my own just fine.

oh sure...u just rant that lan will survive nd kick rands butt...

do u wish lan was real and urs? cause u sound obsessed!

p.s. i'll be back in awhile...my phone is dying...so don't thin u scared me off....i haven't seen ur face yet...i'm not scared?..

can't even defend ur arguments?

I am on my cell, which is a lot harder to type on (especially when u can't feel ur fingers)....

do u keep dictionary.com open in another window to help you?

cause i can make 'big' words just fine...btw...those ere not big words...well, for u i guess...so nvm

Are you creating excuses for contributing poor posts or is that actually true?  If the latter, perhaps you should wait until a better time because your posts, when readable, make you sound like you have no clue.

Anyone else ever wonder how Moiraine got trapped - I mean unless she had three wishes fulfilled and made a deal that she'd stay, I see no reason for her captivity beyond the ter'angreal?

/trying to steer the thread in another direction.. 

Archived