DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Towers of Midnight Speculation Thread (Spoilers for tGS)

JenniferL

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the stone... and yeah i think he lost his sense of her when the doorway melted

But wouldn't he consider the fact that she might be alive only with no way back? What happens when and if she returns - would the bond once again move to Moiraine? Or was it severed by the destruction of the Ter'Angreal? :)

really, it doesn't matter if she is stilled...it's healable..

and maybe she will stop being so manipulative....

she coulc even be dead...and even if rand trusts her, he trusts others now...

egwene was practically training with her on 'guiding' rand....

egwene could take up her mantle...esecially since she is amrylin...

It was the stone... and yeah i think he lost his sense of her when the doorway melted

But wouldn't he consider the fact that she might be alive only with no way back? What happens when and if she returns - would the bond once again move to Moiraine? Or was it severed by the destruction of the Ter'Angreal? :)

I don't think it can go back to her unless she bonds him again.  Why doesn't Nynaeve go ahead and bond Lan and then Myrelle can just remove hers or something

really, it doesn't matter if she is stilled...it's healable..

and maybe she will stop being so manipulative....

she coulc even be dead...and even if rand trusts her, he trusts others now...

egwene was practically training with her on 'guiding' rand....

egwene could take up her mantle...esecially since she is amrylin...

Moiraine wasn't particularly manipulative toward the end after swearing her oath to him. Channeling inside the ter'angreal in the tower could still you(the one for accepted), so you might be on the right track as they both held on to saidar when they went through(would also explain Lanfear's weakened power).

I don't think it can go back to her unless she bonds him again.  Why doesn't Nynaeve go ahead and bond Lan and then Myrelle can just remove hers or something

Because Nynaeve isn't full Aes Sedai yet - remember that Moiraine made sure the bond would move to her when she was ready(probably after swearing the three oaths).

or he could have been building up for it not to happen...

i forgot the literary term...but there is adefinition for that....

his death would not be soo bad....it would something cry over if u were obsessed...but not for normal people...

or he could have been building up for it not to happen...

i forgot the literary term...but there is adefinition for that....

his death would not be soo bad....it would something cry over if u were obsessed...but not for normal people...

You can't remove the warder bond unless the Aes Sedai is stilled or killed

Here is a passage from TSR Chapter 15, Into the Doorway.  

Finn Greeter to Mat: "Good. You have brought no lamps, no torches, as the agreement was, and is, and ever will be. You have no iron? No instruments of music?"

At this point the Eelfinn guy asks him once more and Mat says no but almost asks why and doesn't so that he doesn't waste a question.  His thought after is this:

"Why should he care if I have a dozen musicians and a smithy on my back?"

I know in Moiraine's letter she said she didn't recognize or couldn't make out the 3rd man but I wonder was this a random thought that RJ decided to give Mat or are the words filled with purposeful clues.  The reason I pointed out that Moiraine's letter said she doesn't recognized the 3rd man is because she obviously knows Perrin, but that "smithy" comment got me thinking along with the way the Eelfinn asks the questions to Mat.  Here is my new 3 people and why!

Mat - He will be the Fire in the bunch because he will be taking something special from Aludra and this will be how he loses an eye.  Fire to Blind is his part of the puzzle and I think he will Blind them by blinding himself with a backfiring firework because we know he already suspects that the Finns see through his eyes and get some pleasure or feeding sustanence out of it.

Thom - Obviously he is going to have the Instruments of Music via his flute, but more importantly his prized harp. Music to Dazzle is his part so he will distract the blinded Finns with music so they either can't hear or they just get dazzled by music easily.  He'll probably play the harp and recite a story in high chant.

This brings me to the 3rd.

Perrin - He is the Iron of the bunch.  He has thrown away the Axe and his TOOL is an Iron Blacksmith Hammer.  I can't find a passage saying it is made of iron but i'm fairly certain smith hammers or iron.  So he will have the forbidden Tools of Iron part and be the Iron to Bind part of the riddle and hammer them to the wall or something (dunno)

As far as courage to strengthen, this will be either all of them or once again go to Mat as the General that gets the troops ready, but all 3 of these guys are of no lack of courage.  Please let me know what you think everyone.

i like reading ur posts  :)

but i dont think that Mat will blind himself in order to blind them.. for he (and us ) dont know if they can actually see through his eyes, and if that was real.. he dont know which eye to blind!

plus.. from Egwene'd dream of Mat placing his own left eye on a balance scale, it seems obvious he will do lose his eye in trading or as a price..

and i dont think he will do that for Moiraine, for if they asked for his eye as a price why not Thom to give it not him!!

at the beginning i thought that the Harb maybe more important than the flute (for all that caring for it in the early books) .. but in a second thought.. the flute seems better idea, as it is easier to hide and the finn are like snakes, so whenever i think of snakes and music the 1st thing to pump in my head the indians street entertainers playing the flute to make the snakes dance out of the pots :D

i dont think Perrin will be involved in any way, its not his time yet to meet Mat again .. plus Faile will never let him risk his wife to save another woman 8)

that keeps the Iron still!!!

Archived