DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

most hardcore fantasy character

_james07_

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know.  There's multiple verisons.  According to Statius: If we want to talk about his face to face fighting, the only reason he was unbeatable was not because of skill, but because he was literally invincible.  His mother dunked him in the river Styx when he was a baby and it made him invincible except for his heel because since she was holding him by it, it didn't touch the water.  So it wasn't as much that he was a badass as he was literally immortal.

The Illiad by Homer states that Achilles was just a big badass that was killed by a poisoned arrow.

Either way.

I have a new nomination - Prince Oberyn Martell.He may not be some all-powerful fantasy archetype,but there is no denying his unmitigated badassery.

I shall proceed to list his attributes and achievements :

1.The nickname : The Red Viper(a truly badass nickname,and well deserved and earned)

2.His Herculean libido and appetites : Oberyn bones who he wants,how he wants,when he wants;regardless of what people think.

3.On a related note:His offspring.The loyalty and devotion of the SandSnakes(some of whom are badasses in their own right) only attests to his own stature as a badass.

4.His intellect.Although he can make some bone-headed moves in the heat of the moment,he is an intelligent individual.He has studied at the citadel,learning poisons as well as tactics and the Light knows what else(I think I'd rather not know ;)).

5.His courage and fighting ability.He was the only warrior willing to face the Mountain mano-a-mano to the death. He was easily winning (in fact had Gregor's head all but chopped,packaged,posted and ready to be Fed-Exed back to Dorne) when he pulled a bone-head,arrogant,overly machismo move and Gregor gripped his head like a bowling ball and crushed and pulped it like an overripe pomegranate. He also crippled a high-lord's heir in a joust and has performed enough ruthless and valiant deeds to have most of the top warriors of the realm in mortal fear of him.

6.His general "I-don't-give-a-f%#* attitude.Oberyn lives his life by his own standards and code - others be damned!

Well,I could go on and post more of this rogue,but I think I'll save it for rebuttals.;D        

I submit Cornflower. The mouse.
Good choice.

I have a new nomination - Mr Ares. He may not be some all-powerful fantasy archetype, but there is no denying his unmitigated badassery.

I shall proceed to list his attributes and achievements:

1.The nickname: Mr Ares (a truly badass nickname, and well deserved and earned)

2.His Herculean libido and appetites: Ares bones who he wants, how he wants, when he wants; regardless of what people think.

3.On a related note: His offspring. The loyalty and devotion of his brood (some of whom are badasses in their own right) only attests to his own stature as a badass.

4.His intellect. Although he can make some bone-headed moves in the heat of the moment,he is an intelligent individual. He has studied, learning poisons as well as tactics and the Light knows what else (I think I'd rather not know ;)).

5.His courage and fighting ability.

6.His general "I-don't-give-a-f%#* attitude. Oberyn lives his life by his own standards and code - others be damned!

Well,I could go on and post more of this rogue,but I think I'll save it for rebuttals.;D

Corrected for you.

I have a new nomination - Mr Ares. He may not be some all-powerful fantasy archetype, but there is no denying his unmitigated badassery.

2.His Herculean libido and appetites: Ares bones who he wants, how he wants, when he wants; regardless of what people think.

3.On a related note: His offspring. The loyalty and devotion of his brood (some of whom are badasses in their own right) only attests to his own stature as a badass.

4.His intellect. Although he can make some bone-headed moves in the heat of the moment,he is an intelligent individual. He has studied, learning poisons as well as tactics and the Light knows what else (I think I'd rather not know ;)).

6.His general "I-don't-give-a-f%#* attitude. Mr. Ares lives his life by his own standards and code - others be damned!

Corrected for you.

Corrected for you

6.His general "I-don't-give-a-f%#* attitude. Mr. Ares lives his life by his own standards and code - others be damned!

Corrected for you.

Corrected for you

I would like to go out drinking and boning wenches with mr ares.

6.His general "I-don't-give-a-f%#* attitude. Mr Ares lives his life by his own standards and code - others be damned!

Corrected for you.
Corrected for you

Corrected for you.

I know he's an outside contender, and would get completely schooled in battle and whatnot, but Sam Vimes from the discworld books stands out as "Badass". A surprisingly layered and complex character for the particular series, too, but I vote for him based on Night Watch, possibly the best 'new' discworld book written.

I read somewhere earlier that someone ripped someone's face off while pinned to the ground with a lance.

I'm sorry. That's pretty win right there hahaha.

The ability to be UTTER badass in the face of stupid amounts of suffering is the true measuer, I feel.

I read somewhere earlier that someone ripped someone's face off while pinned to the ground with a lance.
Ser Gregor Clegane, the Mountain That Rides. The most badass part wasn't the face, it was correcting the the other guy:

"You raped Elia, you killed her, you murdered her children."

"First I killed her whelp, then I raped her, than I smashed her f**king head in."

Quoted from memory, so it may not be exact, but you get the gist.

Ser Gregor Clegane, the Mountain That Rides. The most badass part wasn't the face, it was correcting the the other guy:

"First I killed her whelp, then I raped her, than I smashed her f**king head in."

I think I threw my book across the room when I read that scene the first time.

Bast, from The Name of The Wind . . . now hear me out.  We have no real evidence that Bast is a  bad ass except for one line:  "I will cut you open and splash around in your guts like a child in a mud puddle" (or something very close to that)  A very worthy line, and a very hardcore character if he means it. 

Gregor Clegane is definitely badass.Funny,two of my favorite badass characters in that series basically killed each other in one of my all-time favorite duel/death-matches. :-\

Merek From Timeline. Dude is a archiologist who trains with medieval weapons. Goes back in time, Kills a bunch of real soldiers, has a tourney with real knights that results in a dual in armor that he wins, and saves/marries the babe. aka he is all that is man  ;D

Merek From Timeline. Dude is a archiologist who trains with medieval weapons. Goes back in time, Kills a bunch of real soldiers, has a tourney with real knights that results in a dual in armor that he wins, and saves/marries the babe. aka he is all that is man  ;D

I know this is off-topic,but is the movie version good?Is it worth watching?

First of all I am surprised that no one has mentioned Feanor from the Silmarilion yet. This guy was so hardcore he took on a whole group of balrogs by himself, whereas Gandalf gets taken out by only one.

Second I liked the timeline movie, however I have not read the book so if I had that may have changed my perception of the movie.

Side note, I think it was Feanor who did that, but there were 8 or so elves whose names started Fea in that book and it has been a while so that name might not be excatly right.

Side note, I think it was Feanor who did that, but there were 8 or so elves whose names started Fea in that book and it has been a while so that name might not be excatly right.
Even if it wasn't, Feanor was sure to have done something to justify his inclusion here - pretty much everyone in the Silmarillion did. Fingolfin duelled with Morgoth. Turin killed Glaurung. Glorfindel and Ecthelion both killed Balrogs. Earendil killed Ancalagon the Black.

Archived