DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

most hardcore fantasy character

_james07_

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to pick one of the less obvious ones, but he is someone whom I believe would defeat any of the above named characters in single combat.

He is Garet Jax, from The Wishsong of Shannara.

Wikipedia has a good article about him, and also about the magical creature that became the one and only opponent that Garet Jax was unable to defeat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garet_Jax

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannara_creatures#Jachyra

Who is the most hardcore fantasy character you've come across? I think Logen, the bloody nine, is most definately the most hardcore guy i've read...  8)
Define hardcore.

How about Cnaiur urs Skiotha, the Most Violent of All Men, from Prince of Nothing? Every time he kills someone, he adds another scar, called a swazond, to his arms (it's a tradition of his people). After going into battle, it's remarked that "He had not the arms for the swazond he earned that night." Does he qualify?

What about Kalam Mekhar, who was stabbed in the side, thrown overboard into shark infested waters, swam ashore to fight a numerically superior opposing force of people trained since birth as killers who knew he was coming and wins? In fact, Malazan Book of the Fallen has tons of characters like that - Lasseen kills an Awoved of the Crimson Guard with her bare hands, Apsalar carved her way through any number of Claws to get to Pearl, Caladan Brood's hammer can level mountains, Icarium destroys cities when he gets pissed off, The Watch killed a Forkrul Assail by himself...the list goes on.

In Steph Swainston's books, people can be made immortal if they are the best at what they do and it's useful in the war effort. They have a swordsman. To get that job, you have ot be the best swordsman in the world, and you might have it for centuries. And you can be replaced if someone beats you. A good reason to keep on your toes.

As for the Bloody Nine, he's done all right against Eaters and the Feared, not to mention the best named men the North could throw at him.

Garet Jax, as mentioned, only lost one fight. So did Jearom.

While I respect anyone's opinion and their right to disagree, I respectfully submit that Conan would chew every last one of these up and spit them out as an aperitif.

Seriously, the man is made of steel springs and whalebone.  The stories say so!  8)

Yes, the original Robert E. Howard Conan was a major bad@$$.

I think FitzChivarly Farseer has some hardcore moments.

And don't forget WoT's Perrin was on the verge of killing trollocs with his teeth a time or two. 

And finally Harry Dresden, even when Laceil's shadow wasn't riding shotgun he did some very dark stuff.

How about Lord Brocktree?
I agree fully he may be a badger from a childrens book but he is a frickin' bad@$$
Ah, but is he the most badass badger in the series? What of Boar the Fighter, Cregga Rose Eyes, Sunflash the Mace or Rawnblade Widestripe? Or Russano the Wise?

I agree fully he may be a badger from a childrens book but he is a frickin' bad@$$
Ah, but is he the most badass badger in the series? What of Boar the Fighter, Cregga Rose Eyes, Sunflash the Mace or Rawnblade Widestripe? Or Russano the Wise?

Russano the Wise was awesome, but not a badass.  Rawnblade Widestripe and Boar the Fighter are badasses, but not as badass as Lord Brocktree.  Cregga holds a light to him, but she died when Lord Brocktree didn't.  Sunflash the Mace is the only one that I believe is close to being as Badass as Lord Brocktree.  I can accept him as tied for first or a close second.

Russano the Wise was awesome, but not a badass.
The others might be trusted to win a fight, but he can be trusted to win without needing to fight.
Rawnblade Widestripe and Boar the Fighter are badasses, but not as badass as Lord Brocktree.
Can you justify that statement?
Cregga holds a light to him, but she died when Lord Brocktree didn't.
She only dies due to her incredibly adavanced age. And despite being blind, she took out a Marlfox with a bow and arrow.

How about the original hardcore badass of fantasy:Achilles!
Heracles. Far more hardcore.

Archived