DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

There has to be an Age of legends Trilogy one way or the other

sheikh chilli

After the current series is done, i would love some prequels especially based on age of legends. It would be awesome seeing lews therin,ishy, lanfear and the whole war of power. wouldn't you agree? how these famed aes sedai turned over to the dark side, lews therin POV.....gosh i feel giddy just fantasising about it.

thanks for the info.

i find the whole concept of outriggers boring if it comes WOT. Unlike say for example the shannara or the dragonlance series, sequels after Tarmon gaidon will lack a purpose unless we have another new age and another breaking.

An age of legends series would be much better i feel. To see the stor of lewis therin, the hundred companions, the aeil before they took up weapons etc would be simpl superb.

I am also a great fan Of ishamael aka elan morin tedronai. Would love to see a story on him too. I hope harriet and brandon consider an age of legend series culminating to the breaking of the world

The prequels that were discussed by RJ were Tam's story, when he left the Two Rivers, and how Moiraine and Lan ended up in the Two Rivers.

The Outriggers were supposed to be about Mat and Tuon reconquering Seanchan.

This is what RJ left notes for IF any other books are produced (and that will be mostly up to Harriet, maybe Tom at Tor, but I doubt Brandon will have any real pull besides giving his opinion as a fan) it will be from what RJ left.

ya i definately wanna see Tam's story ;D

he was one of the few that ever left the 2 rivers and he came back, he became a blademaster and an officer, there has to be some good stories there , and also how he tells Rand to repeat all that Moiraine explained to him and he came up with the same thing basically , also he knew about AS and how truth was like taffy to them ( they could stretch it to their needs ) ::)

but besides that ya i would definately want an AOL story, how they took up the game of swords back to a form of fighting , the warbrothers and ogier in combat, the first AS that make the break for the DO and SG, and i REEAAALLLY wanna see the true Forsaken infighting at its best  ;)

maj,

just because you know how it ends does not mean one should not attempt. We do know tam's story and how he ended with rand as a baby too. We also do know how lan and moraine finally end up in the two rivers as well. does not mean we cant have a book on them.

i just think a book lews therin would be awesome. How the aes sedai worked back then. the aiel, how the world functioned, the dark one breaking free, the war of power, the sealing of the bore, the backlash of the taint, the breaking of the world etc. just think of all the vareity of stuff we could read.

i swear i would pay 50 dollars for one book.

The Outriggers were supposed to be about Mat and Tuon reconquering Seanchan.

Actually about just Mat & Tuon, we do not know what they would be doing in them.

Reconquering Seanchan is not the only possibility.

Something about the Age of Legends would be ok, though I doubt Robert Jordan made enough notes for it since no site I visited mentioned it.

Actually about just Mat & Tuon, we do not know what they would be doing in them.

Actually there have been comments by the principles (RJ, Sanderson, Harriet and Doherty) that make it pretty clear that the Mat & Tuon story would be about the reconquring of the Seanchen homeland.

The Two prequals which RJ intended to write were about Tam & Moraine with the outriggers being the Mat & Tuon story. It is unclear whether any of them will ever be published but from what Sanderson has said and what was said at DragonCon it seems the decision is Harriet's, Sanderson would insist on writing them and Doherty would prefer that it would be the Mat & Tuon Outriggers. None of the principles has ever expressed a desire or wish to write a prequal on the AOL.

Actually there have been comments by the principles (RJ, Sanderson, Harriet and Doherty) that make it pretty clear that the Mat & Tuon story would be about the reconquring of the Seanchen homeland.

Do you have a link that backs this up?

If not, I would still think that we do not know.

After the current series is done, i would love some prequels especially based on age of legends. It would be awesome seeing lews therin,ishy, lanfear and the whole war of power. wouldn't you agree? how these famed aes sedai turned over to the dark side, lews therin POV.....gosh i feel giddy just fantasising about it.

It's not going to happen. RJ stated there would never be a prequel set in the AOL.

Do you have a link that backs this up?

If not, I would still think that we do not know.

Yeah, as far as I'm aware that was only speculation on our part. CUBAREY?

Of particular interest was the revelation from Tom that the “outrigger novels” that Jordan had long ago planned to do would have been a trilogy about the Seanchan, with Mat and Tuon going back to her homeland to deal with the fallout there.
http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=blog&id=23875 Will that do?

an ending would lose it's impact if there was a sequel. It would be weird reading a story on mat after tarmon gaiden. In that respect brandon sanderson is right

Sense the Mat & Tuon outrigger was concieved by RJ I do not see how it would deminish from the main series. The Wheel of Time is just that their are no beginnings or endings. The Mat & Tuon story would not deal directly with the fight against the Dark One but would set the stage for the Fourth Age of which we have only seen glimpses in Chapter prologues.

As it stands right now, I personally just want the books that finish the main series. If Jordan was still alive, I'd want to read the prequels and outriggers and anything else he cared to write in this universe. I might feel differently in a few years, especially if Team Jordan found extensive notes or outlines for other novels. There's a lot of good stories in this universe that I'd be interested in, but I don't want to see WoT turn into another Dune.

You know a story set in the AOL doesn't have to be a prequel. it could be set in the next AOL. That way, the setting would be familiar but there would be enough differences so that we won't be able to be certain about how it would end.

No books beyond what Robert Jordan himself had planned should be written. Period.

an ending would lose it's impact if there was a sequel.
How so? The end of The Thousandfold Thought lost none of its impact when The Judging Eye came out, nor did the end of Last Argument of Kings lose anything thanks to Best Served Cold.

Prequels are the way to go.
The inbuilt disadvantage of prequels is that you know where the story ends. Reading New Spring, we know Moiraine and Lan will eventually end up together, bonded. In the proposed Tam prequel, we know that Tam ends up with a wife and son, back in the Two Rivers. On the other hand, following on, we don't know where the story will end up. A new story, largely new cast, new setting. Sounds far more interesting. That said, I think they should just finish the series. The prequels and sequels, interesting though they might be, do not need to be written, and having someone else write them is quite different from someone finishing RJ's story.

ares,

for a sequel to have any meaning there must be some ending or a purpose to it. I can't for my life think how a sequel on mat and tuon is going to be the least interesting. I like reading the wheel of time because it has the good vs evil. the warder vs the trolloc. aes sedai vs forsaken. the light vs the dark one.

the seanchan outtrigers is going to be boring to me.

as for the prequels, did you not find how awesome lan and moirane story was. how they met, the battle at the end etc.

That's why i would love a an age of legends prequel based on the life of lews therin. What made him tick. Ishy turning to the dark side in the hall of servants itself.the battle between lanfear and illeyna for LTT. The war of power. All the forsaken POV. There is so much rich stuff to go through.

Did you have the intention to explore what happened before the Breaking of the World?

RJ: No, anything I would do there would have a sense of inevitability. You know whats going to happen.

http://theoryland.yuku.com/topic/9916/t/First-dragon-con-report.html

There you have RJs position on the matter.

well you could say the same thing about new spring

Ok I have two things to say. First off am I the only one who actually enjoyed all of Brian Herbert's Dune books? I mean sure they don't come close to Dune, but in my opinion they were alot better then the 2nd book in the series. (Prophet of Dune I think it was called)

Second I would personally enjoy any other books that were written in the WoT world, be they outriggers or prequels. I happen to enjoy any books that take place with familiar characters. Some might think that series like Terry Goodkind's or the star wars series continue on too long. I however, enjoy them immensly. This would be especially in regard to the Seanchan, I will be very disappointed if that story arc is not finished.

Archived