DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week: Word Scramble Rules

Ok as , promised a more specific set of rules as to how this will work. :)

As I mentioned before this game is a bit of cross between a word scramble and a word search! Throughout the week I will be posting the letters in the Ajah boards and it will be your job to find all the letters, unscramble them into the correct words and submit them to me. The person with the most correct at the end of the week is the winner. Each word will have a specific colour associated with it.

So for example I might post in one of the threads:

My Warder Sam spent the week posing as Bob the moat monster.

and in another thread I might say:

I hope all the Aspies are having fun playing this game.

So you would find all the green letters and unscramble them into the appropriate word. The same with the maroon letters and so on so forth.

There are 12 words in total, all Harry Potter related.

No hints will be given out, sorry. All submissions must be PM'd to me by the 18th (Saturday) 5:00 pm BST  to count. Please use the subject "Harry Potter Word Scramble Submission" in your PM and include your rank, so I know whose name to submit for raising credits.

I will start posting letters tomorrow, July 12.

Most important rule, have fun!! :D

Any questions about the rules post them here please and I will try to answer them as best I can. :)

BST is what we use in the summertime. GMT is what we call it in the winter, see? So right now we use BST. Though it would be easier if we just used one term. :P

I think you're about an hour ahead of me Myst, if I remember timezones correctly. People on the east coast of the US are 5 hours behind and so on.

BST is GMT + 1

GMT is counted as Zulu time when you are anywhere else in the world. Everything is calculated from that. So when we have British Summer time it is an hour a head of GMT.

So it is 20:50hrs at present here in England that would be 19:50 GMT

:)

Just so everyone has an idea of what they're supposed to be submitting.

Remember, there are 12 words in total, each with an assigned colour. As I realise that some of the colours appear similar on these boards, those colours are:

Red (1 word, 10 letters)

Yellow (2 words, 10 letters)

Pink (1 word, 8 letters)

Green (2 words, 12 letters)

Orange (1 word, 8 letters)

Purple (1 word, 6 letters)

Blue (1 word, 9 letters)

Brown (2 words, 9 letters)

Teal (1 word, 5 letters)

Navy (1 word, 15 letters)

Maroon (1 word, 10 letters)

Beige (2 words, 15 letters)

When you've submitted yours, I will score them, hopefully by Sunday but no guarantees on that. Scoring will work as follows:

Fully solved words = 3 points

*Mostly solved = 2 points

*Partially solved = 1 point

Not solved = 0 points

*Partially and Mostly will be determined by the number of letters for the word in question. This is down to my discretion, but I will be fair about it.

Person with the most points overall will win a siggy from me. :)

Hmmm . . . I think part of my problem may be that I'm having trouble distinguishing between maroon and brown!  I have them all listed under one color!

Edited to test something:  maroon brown

Hmmm . . . I think part of my problem may be that I'm having trouble distinguishing between maroon and brown!  I have them all listed under one color!

Edited to test something:  maroon brown

I had the same problem. When in doubt I pressed the "Quote" button to see the code, but still I could have misplaced a letter or two.

I don't want to be seeing any scrambled words for at least 3 months now. Just spent 4 hours peering at letters, first to try and find the colorred onces (which is not as easy with the maroon, green, purple and navy ones, let me tell you) and then trying to form words from the ones I found.

*is now officially gaga* lol

Archived