DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bob's Wife, Gina, returns to the moat, with 7 little ones

Bursius

One morning not so long ago, there appeared at sunrise, a ripple from the farthest corner of the moat, where the canal from the river supplies water to the moat, keeping the moat nutrient rich, full of aquatic life, and oxygen rich.  The ripple grew larger as, whatever created the ripple, itself grew closer to the point where the new moat became part of the moat complex, whose origins stretch far back in time.  The rippling water took on a form of contortions, as the ripple took on an undulating motion, as if a sea creature were returning to the point of its origin. 

Novices carrying out their chores on the banks of the moat cried out in alarm at the sight of the ripples, pointing out the motion of the water to the accepted and to the Aes Sedai who was out there that morning supervising the little ones, making sure none of them used the OP unless first given permission.

The moat was quite wide at this point, near the marker proclaiming this point as being where Damane dug the moat.  It was some 230 feet wide and very deep, a favorite swimming area for the inhabitants of the WT and the WG alike.  The ripples came to a stop about halfway out from the bank.  A crowd of onlookers and curious came to the edge of the moat, pointing across, whispering amoung themselves. 

The Master of Arms, Verbal32, arrived at the scene and undressed, intending to visit with Bob, the moat monster, and, together, they would determine the cause of the many ripples emanating from the middle of the moat.  It is said that Bob and Verb were having some sort of interspecies male to male romance during this time, and perhaps Bob and Verb would have a little romance together before they ventured to find out the nature of the ripples.  As it turns out, no sooner did Verb dive into the moat, when Bob reared up with Verb in his mouth, and spit Verb back onto dry land.  The PG-13 sign prevents mention of what part of Verb that Bob was holding onto in his mouth.  As Verb struck dry land like a sack of russet potatos, he shook his head violently to clear it of dancing stars. Onlookers are said to have heard Bob utter,

"Please remain on land and do not interfere with my lady Gina."

A hush fell over the crowd, which had now swollen to include most of the White Tower, all of the Warders Guild, and many citizens of Tar Valon.  No one knew who Lady Gina was, though they surmised that she was a very special friend of Bob's, special enough to come between Bob and his male interspecies lover, Verb. 

Hours passed as the ripples in the middle of the moat alternately grew larger, then smaller, then fanned out, then drew inward again.  Bob, the moat monster, drew up partly out of the water, urgently motioning the people to stay out of the water, or to draw to silence.  Whatever was happening in the middle of the moat required great concentration on the part of the participants, and required the crowd of onlookers to give them peace while this event of great significance was unfolding.  Those few who failed to heed Bob's pleas found themselves thrown from the moat a great distance away. 

By dawn of the next day, there appeared ripples in the water.  As the ripples came closer to the crowd, some awakened and cried out the alarm to the others, "Here it comes!!!, Here it comes!!!, Here it comes!!!"  Mother Claire, Lor, the MoN, and Verb, the MoA stood with the crowd, urging them to quiet as the ripples drew closer.

From the water, rose Bob, the moat monster, and then another form, a bit smaller, but no less majestic, arose.  It was Gina, the lady moat monster.  She had returned from the depths of the seas, back up the mighty river to the city of Tar Valon on the island in the middle of the river.  She had swam the canal the previous day, and settled into the moat after a long journey.  All this was explained by Bob, with help from Verb and the most senior Aes Sedai and Warders who remembered back in the day when there were other monsters in the moat besides Bob. 

Abruptly, Bob raised his mighty arms, and a hush drew over the crowd.  Between Bob and Gina, seven tiny ripples appeared, each one drawing up close to land in front of where the members of each of the seven ajahs were huddled as a crowd.  Each tiny moat monster had seven bands of color, starting between its eyes, and flowing over its head, neck and body, each band getting slightly wider as the band reached down its back and over its moat monster form. The little moat monster in front of each ajah had one band quite clear and sharp, the other six bands were faded in comparison.  For example, the monster in front of the Green Ajah has a clear and very distinct Green band in exactly the right place as it would be on Mother Claire's shawl.  The moat monster in front of the Blue Ajah had a clear and distinct Blue band.  For each of the ajahs, Green, Blue, Yellow, Brown, Gray, White, and Red, there was a tiny moat monster before them with a band on its body in the color of that respective ajah.

Perhaps it is up to each ajah to name the baby moat monster before it.  Would they leave the naming up to the DM admins, or would they name the little critters themselves?  It is believed that Gina, the lady moat monster, will nurse the seven baby moat monsters periodically.  Some details of the moat monster heritage and culture are unknown even by the most learned of those in the WoT world. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, each Ajah gets to name one? Sweet!! I am so glad Bob's wife returned. It has been a long time. When the younguns get older you all might have to expand the moat. One can always go to the Wolfkin's Tequila Lake. Just make sure it has a better tolerance for tequila then Bob does.

O_o

WTF!!

This place gets wierder and wierder. 

Welcome to the White Tower Sam. ;D

----------------------------------------------------------------

I think it would be a good idea for each of the ajahs to name the baby moat monster adorned with that ajah's color.  Do any of our artists have a working model of what a moat monster looks like?  Bob and Gina are full grown, though Bob is a bit taller than Gina.  The moat monster babies are just little squirts for now.  Remember, each moat monster baby has all seven bands of color where the color bands are remarkably like those on Mother's shawl, and are in the same order.  Remember also, for the moat monster baby for each ajah, the dominant color on its back is the color for that ajah.  Mother swears she had nothing to do with this phenomena.  I would like for the naming of the moat monster babies to be a community wide event, though each ajah would name the baby with its dominant color band.  The Warders Guild should take part since the moat is owned by the Warders Guild.  Perhaps each of the different disciplines can put on a carnival for the rest of the WT to take part in.

The moat monster babies are all females in this batch and are colored in such as way so each ajah can easily tell the one that is meant for them. 

Sorry for my silence the past few days, I am moving out of state and settling into a new job, and setting up internet connections and so forth.

I will try to get online once a day and see if we can name these babies together. 

I highly encourage each ajah to set up a thread on their private boards for the baby moat monster naming for its baby, so the most private ajah members can speak to the issue, and then, perhaps, the ajah head can announce the name for its baby to the world here.

It was a bright summer night. The full moon was looking in the moat and, obviously, liking its reflection, as it refused to be hidden even by a smallest cloud. A gentle wind sent ripples to the water. No one was around. The city citizens in the nearby streets all were asleep in their apartments. So were Aes Sedai and Warders in the Tower, except for a Brown who was sitting in her room so engrossed in an ancient manuscript that she wouldn't have noticed if a bomb exploded under her window. Even Tower guards were not to be seen anywhere. They were playing dice in the barracks.

But if they had stopped their game and returned to the place where they should be at least for a minute, or if the Brown had put the manuscript aside for a moment and came up to the window to have a breath of fresh air, or if a city citizen suffering from insomnia had decided to have a walk in the Tower's vicinity, they would have seen a curious picture. A tall figure went out of the Tower. In one hand it was holding a bag, in the other it had a book. The figure crossed the bridge and came up to a spot near the moat that it obviously knew well. If anyone had looked at that figure in the moonlight they could have recognized Ludmian, Head of the Brown Ajah. But there was no one around who could recognize him. The city citizens were asleep in their apartments, the Brown sister was still engrossed in her manuscript and the guards were still playing dice in the barracks. The figure put the bag on the ground and gently called, "Mathwin Tsokolate". For a few moments nothing happened. Then the ripples in the moat near the place where the figure was standing became more noticeable. A tiny monster appeared on the surface of the water. One could notice a clear brown band running across its body. It looked at the figure with its friendly intelligent eyes. The figure took a piece of chocolate out of the bag and threw it in the water. It never reached the surface, landing instead in the mouth of the monster. The monster swam closer to the figure and wagged its body, nearly jumping out of the water. One more piece of chocolate landed in Mathwin's mouth. And another. And yet another. As the bag was empty, the figure sat down near the edge of the moat, opened the book and started to read aloud,

"The Wheel of Time turns, leaving memories that-"

Mathwin was listening to the book, trying not to miss even a single word Ludmian was saying, her intelligent eyes shining with interest.

This is turning out to be an event in which everybody can participate and make suggestions on the name of the little one with their color stripe on its back.

Luddy, your story of the naming is fabulous!  I was able to picture you in my mind as your story unfolded.

:o I think I know who Gina is now.

Awwww.... how cute.

*Wonders whether anyone has entered the moat yet.*

It seems that Verbal is the best test subject. *Waits in a bush so he can chuck Verbal into the moat.*  ;D

*Gets thrown out of the moat by something big.*  :o

Oh well... guess it's not ready to have me swimming around in there yet. It's been a while since I last saw Bob too.

*Shoves Bursius in to see what happens to him.* Come to think about it. *Looks in to see what Verb is up to.*

*Feeds moat monster treats to each of the seven baby moat monsters, the Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Brown, White, and Gray.  Tickles each baby under the chin.*

I am so glad each of the ajahs is treating "their" baby well.  Pretty soon each little one will have a thread of its own for eternity.  Maybe there will be a moat monster festival each year.

*Tosses a handful of treats to each of the little ones.*

Archived