DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Birthday Exchange

Jaydena

Come on, come all, it's the Kin Birthday exchange. I am so excited to announce that the Kin will be exchanging tea cups and your favorite tea. It's cheap and it's easy to send. I know I just saw really amazing tea cups and matching saucers for 1.98 cents at TJ Maxx and Ross is another good place to look. So if you are interested please post here.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Further into the month? Sure thing sweetie and in the US, they have these flat rate boxes, they can be as heavy as you want and they cost the same amount, they have like four different sizes of boxes and four different prices. Are you in the US? I am having a brain fart right now.

I am. I just don't think I could send outside the states.

I made the mistake of saying I would send a Christmas present over seas one time and then found out it would cost over $150.00 for a blanket.  :o

Don't want to do that again. lol

I'd love to participate but we've hit this enormous snag lately financially . . . On top of that, DH's hours have been drastically cut.  He's looking for a new job and has an exciting lead so we're hoping it pans out but it might take 2 weeks to find out and then another couple weeks to get a paycheck if it does turn into an offer.  So the next month or so is going to be very, very snug.  And having to drop over $700 on stuff to repair burglary damage and theft and to prevent a recurrence isn't helping any . . .

Maybe if I kept it small and got paired up with someone in the States?

Well like I said, I found a teacup for Jackie at TJ Maxx for 1.89 and a box of tea runs anywhere from 1.99 to 10 depending on the blend. Add in flatrate which I think is 8 something, your sitting at under 20. It's totally up to you, so far everyone signed up I think is from the states. Alanna do you have your addy in the contact thread or do you want to pm it to me?? Please everyone that has signed up, make sure your addy is current in the contact thread. *dances*

hey dar just a note to you...*winks*  sometimes if you are a bit late with your happy mail nobody gets upset either!!

and yes you can find teacups for under five dollars....even two..sometimes the miniture ones as well..as a hint..truckstops have teacups of the state they are in as souvenairs...they are minitures and pretty and only like 3 dollars..AND you can find individual teabags as well to send!  I'm not a huge teadrinker so love the sampler kinds...and the celestial seasonings ones comes in individual packets as well...AND i doubt that the mailing would be that much!  you prolly wouldn't even need to the flat rate box..i'd check to see if it would be less than the cheapest one...and go that way.  Then if it is more than the flat rate use the flat rate box.  *grins*  i use the flat rate a lot and then realized some of my packages would be cheaper...

sometimes it is tough to find teacups...i know i seldom find them in oklahoma..we don't have things like TJMax or a World Market...

the contact thread is at the farm love!  bought the second or third sticky!  also the birthday thread..hint hint! *smiles*

**Big Sigh***

Sorry guys I am going to have to take my name off. My husband was cutting the grass yesterday and sent a big rock through my car window.

Fixing it has taken a big chunk out of my funds. Hopefully next time.

Archived