DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

V for Vendetta... er... I mean... Verin.

Genesis_XVI

Guest cwestervelt

I recall at least one PoV from Verin that confirms she has killed in the past, possibly with use of the Power, but I can't recall where it is. It occurred happened because someone (more than just one person actuall), underestimated her ability to defend herself from attack. Seeing how she was the one attacked, and not the aggressor, she was free to deal with them anyway she wanted.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cwestervelt is right, i was merely refering to those Tamra chose. Moreover i dont believe Verin has been looking for the Dragon anymore then i think Cads was... i suspect both knew he was coming, but chose to act in other ways to prepare for his arrival.

Verin is from the AoL.

Being of the Brown Ajah(though it didn't exsist back then), she had a natural interest in knowledge.

She gathered and wrote the kareathon cycle(prophiecies of the dragon), a series of fortellings during/after the war of power.

Then she put her self in a stasis box, set to realse her some time before the aiel war.

Except Deindre wrote the Karetheon Cycle, and Verin lacks, amongst other things, the knowledge of the AOL, and has the ageless face and has been around noticeably in the tower for two hundred years including her novitiate AND is from Far Madding.

Verin is sneaky.

Of course she ahd to be bound to the oath rod to become considered an Aes Sedai, and I said some time before the Aiel war, some time could easily be 200 years.

Don't under estimate verin. Verin is a very sneaky person.

She choose the name Verin cause calling herself Deindre would be to obvious.

Edit, o and verin doesn't have to be Deindre, deindre, if im not mistaken, just had a foretelling, and was vital in setting up the eye of the world and sending off the aiel.

I wonder if Verin secretly has the foretelling, or if she's really a Dreamer. She even gave Moiraine and Siuan those sweets, refer to tGH, when they were novices, as if endearing herself to them. We now know Verin is a very methodical person, she doesn't seem like someone to do random kindnesses. Moiraine and Siuan rose to become important figures, and they also gained her access to Rand. Perhaps she'd somehow foreseen events?

Guest Egwene

Or it could be that she had some instructions from Gitara. After all, a lot of people went places and did things at that womans behest.

True. And Gitara was old too, they might have had some association in the past. Verin thought when compelling those da'tsang that curiosity has led her to many things. Maybe she's also ready many more of those Dark prophecies, she showed that one to Egwene. Maybe she's worked some things out, from them. If she was put on a similar track as Siuan and Moiraine at Gitara's Foretelling, who knows what she might know or have puzzled out.

Verin is from the AoL.

Don't you think people would notice an Aes Sedai wandering around who had never been written into the novice book? ;)

She even gave Moiraine and Siuan those sweets, refer to tGH, when they were novices, as if endearing herself to them. We now know Verin is a very methodical person, she doesn't seem like someone to do random kindnesses.

I may have missed it, but I just looked up a reference to the sweetcakes in ch. 7 of TGH, and I don't see how it implies that they were only for Siuan and Moiraine. Verin does seem the kindly type that would look the other way if a novice stole some cakes.

Verin may be nice to the novice in the tower, but that could easily be a way to gain favor incase one of them grows to influence and power...

but me personally, i always get a weird feeling when i read about Verin, you never know to much about what she is doing and it worries me,

i would put my money on Verin being one of the less talked about Forsaken in disguise :P :P

I have two theories.

1) She is on Rand's side and will do something absolutely no one expects and will therefore be truely helpful (not just strangely curious) and will tell her story to all our amazement.

2) Nothing will happen. She will continue on and everything we are reading into her is just a quirk of a curious personality and RJ is out there laughing somewhere about all the theories :P

Now I think on it, I'm not sure, but I think Verin might very well fit someone who has a good idea of some things that are to happen. In tGH, she said something to the effect of, knowledge in itself serves no purpose, but neither does ignorance, and she herself always prefers knowledge.

If Verin had some idea of what was in store for Egwene, her hesitation over giving her the T'a'r manual makes sense. On the other hand she might help Egwene, on the other hand, she might do harm, if things need to play out otherwise. Such as she went to the Waste to learn more.

In the Two Rivers, it was Verin who made sure the Red Eagle of Manetheren rose again. I don't know.

I have an idea that Verin possibly knew of the coming of the Dragon from the diaries of Corianin Nadeal. She was a dreamer after all, and seems to have been super-secretive. Its entirely possible that she dreamt something of the events to come and wrote this in her diary, but did not reveal it to the other AS.

As for Verin being a Dragon-hunter, doesen't she say that she got her first hint about Moirane and Siuan's search when she read Moirane's book of names when she was being tested?? Verin's statement in TGH and her actions in NS combined seem to point to this.

kill her kill her killherkillherkillherkillherkillher

must not trust her can't trust her trust no one

trust no Aes Sedai can'ttrusthercan'ttrustthem

kill them kill them all, oh i want to die, i must die

oh my poor lleyna i killed her i mus die I NEED TO DIE!!!

She didn't say that. Aside from the fact that she didn't, though, the book of names was never avalliable for Verin to see during Moiraine's test because the Aes Sedai were all focused on the testing. One would never have gone over to riffle through Moiraine's things... the others would have commented. Moreover, Verin had no reason too.

To the person who suggested she is a Forsaken, we know she isn't from her point of view when she thinks how profitable a captive forsaken would be, and doesn't recognize Graendal nor how she was hiding the fact that she already held the power.

To the person who suggested Verin has foretelling or some other such ability--i dont think so. I think Verin's wisdom and knowledge comes the old fashion way--through learning and intelligence. She may have predicted the coming of the Dragon from signs only she recognized... but i dont think she has the foretelling.

fionwel, you may be right about Corianin Nedeal's diaries... it would explain why Verin didn't give them to Egwene, and why she concidered the possibility of giving them to Egwene. If they speak about the Dragon and other events that Egwene would be involved in it would make a lot of sense, and the fact that she didn't would merely mean that she didn't trust that much info to Egwene... i like that idea alot.

Guest cwestervelt

Does any one else have the suspicion that Corianin Nedeal was Black Ajah? The list of stolen Ter'angreal always makes me think that. Two many of the items were Dream related and "use unknown, last studied by Corianin Nedeal." Corianin must have at least suspected and apparently hid the knowledge from the Tower in general but at least some in the Black Ajah obviously knew what they were for and how to use them. I know there is mention about them being ordered to take certain items but the Forsaken don't need Dream Ter'angreal. I also don't see the Forsaken as sharing information about them or allowing the Black Sisters to keep them.

"To the person who suggested she is a Forsaken, we know she isn't from her point of view when she thinks how profitable a captive forsaken would be, and doesn't recognize Graendal nor how she was hiding the fact that she already held the power."

Where was that - Verin meeting Graendal? Don't remember that they met.

"fionwel, you may be right about Corianin Nedeal's diaries... it would explain why Verin didn't give them to Egwene, and why she concidered the possibility of giving them to Egwene. If they speak about the Dragon and other events that Egwene would be involved in it would make a lot of sense, and the fact that she didn't would merely mean that she didn't trust that much info to Egwene... i like that idea alot.

"

This definitely the best idea where Verin's knowledge could come from that I have heard - really think it is a good possibility - and it could mean that she is gone back to the tower - since Egwene has proven herself and maybe some dream that she knows of!

GREAT! I LOVE that idea.

"To the person who suggested she is a Forsaken, we know she isn't from her point of view when she thinks how profitable a captive forsaken would be, and doesn't recognize Graendal nor how she was hiding the fact that she already held the power."

Where was that - Verin meeting Graendal? Don't remember that they met.

Shadar Logoth.

She was leading a link in the ring protecting Rand and Nynaeve at the Cleansing.

Anajon, i think she has indeed gone to the Tower, but mostly i think she plans to recover the horn--concider that she was speaking again and again of the signs indicating Tarmon Gai'don being nigh... but who knows, maybe she will give Egwene Corianin's diaries... i doubt they'd be all that useful at this late stage, but who knows.

i find that verin reminds me a lot of captain jack sparrow from pirates of the caribbean. both of them seem very absent minded at first glance without any concept of the world around them or what theyre doing. but in both cases ive decided that theyre both very shrewd people, mainly due to their foresight of what is to come and understanding how people behave. not much of a theory on verin, but i think everyone should discount the possibility that verin is as vague as she seems

verin is most definatly not as vague as she seems, and likes to have people underestimate her.

she seems to have some fascination with the dark, but she is not dark herself, and i agree that it is most probable that she has had access to many dark prophesies, and those of other cultures. she can read trolloc script fluently and is sensitive to its nuances.

i think the "mistake" was in relation to a misinterprtation of some significant point of a prophesy (dont know how dont know what)

her facination with the dark would naturally lead her to the dragon reborn and the signs and portents that relate to him. seeing those, she would naturally want to go after him, either to watch him or to influence him somehow...as a guide.

Just a thought, was the mistake Verin's or Cadsuane's... i remember Cadsuane thinking about her worst failure ever being around 70 years ago, anf i seem to remember something similar from Verin... When did that occur?

Archived