DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

V for Vendetta... er... I mean... Verin.

Genesis_XVI

Verin knows more of the future in prophecy than anyone in Randland. She asks Perrin about giving up the axe (when she has not seen the hammer), mentions something about marrying Faile and what's to come (prophecy we've never even heard of).

Not only that, but she knows other things like Corienen and her ter'angreal, as well as t'a'r, the portal stones, etc. The only thing Verin's guilty of is knowing too much.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And also she seems free of the indoctrination most other Aes Sedai deal with every day. The whole skewed idea of Aes Sedai importance and the likely. When RJ does this with one of his Aes Sedai they usually end up being pretty damn wise and influential. Cadsuane is like this, and Moiraine was getting there.

Again look to Verin's POV during the Cleansing. She sees a Forsaken, doesn't recognize which forsaken it is. Conciders how helpful a captive forsaken would be, tried to fight her and is shocked to realise she was already holding the power.

I always assumed that it was Aran'gar that she saw here. And hence, because it was saidin that Aran'gar was holding, was why Verin didn't realise that she was already holding the power.

I put Verin & Cadsuanne in the same boat ... I don't know why they do what they do ... they seems to want to help Rand but the question is why? To see him defeat the DO or to be deafeated by him?

I don't think Verin is BA but I'm not so sure about Cads. But this isn't based on anything concrete - just gut.

Verin knows a lot about the Prophecy - more than most - recall the comment about 5 going in but only 4 return (or was that 6 & 5) just before Rand and the others go into Falme? Cads seems to want to guide Rand but her reasons for the guiding, and where they lead to, are unclear.

Guest cwestervelt
I put Verin & Cadsuanne in the same boat ... I don't know why they do what they do ... they seems to want to help Rand but the question is why? To see him defeat the DO or to be deafeated by him?

I don't think Verin is BA but I'm not so sure about Cads. But this isn't based on anything concrete - just gut.

Verin knows a lot about the Prophecy - more than most - recall the comment about 5 going in but only 4 return (or was that 6 & 5) just before Rand and the others go into Falme? Cads seems to want to guide Rand but her reasons for the guiding' date=' and where they lead to, are unclear.[/quote']

In New Spring: The Novel Moiraine thinks that Cadsuane is Black, but Moiraine was wrong. I can't remember which book right now, but Cadsuane has a PoV where she is thinking about how she came close to routing the Black Ajah from the Tower. She's been trying to expose the Black since long before most Aes Sedai would even accept their existence.

Just to fire up the discussion, I forget in which book, but in Moiraine's letter to Rand, she mentions to Rand to be careful of Aes Sedai, whether it be Alviarin or Verin. We already know Alviarin is Black. But as Rand was saying to himself why Verin? Why not the name of an other Aes Sedai? I have a feeling Moiraine knows all about Verin, and when she's gonna be freed something is going to happen with her and Verin.

Just speculation :oops:

Just to fire up the discussion, I forget in which book, but in Moiraine's letter to Rand, she mentions to Rand to be careful of Aes Sedai, whether it be Alviarin or Verin. We already know Alviarin is Black. But as Rand was saying to himself why Verin? Why not the name of an other Aes Sedai? I have a feeling Moiraine knows all about Verin, and when she's gonna be freed something is going to happen with her and Verin.

Just speculation :oops:

It might just have to do with Moiraine being suspicious of Verin because of Verin claiming to have been sent by Moiraine to help the Two Rivers kids in The Great Hunt.

There was no significance to Moiraine's comment. She was choosing two Aes Sedai, one that she thought Rand had the most to be suspicious about, and one that she thought he had the least to be suspicious about. The point she was make was to trust no Aes Sedai, whether they seem suspect 'like Alviarin' or trustworthy 'like verin'. If anything her comments suggest that Moiraine concidered Verin to be the most trustworthy of Aes Sedai.

hey all. I was rereading tGH and on page 524-526, I noticed some odd comments from Verin.

She says to Rand that he has been transported by portal stone more recently than she had, but later says that all she meant was that she hadnt used the portal stone before and that was why Rands trip was more recent. pg524

To me, this sounds like a very odd way of saying it... Maybe she was saying that for the benefit of the shienarans, but that seems too complicated.

I have a theory that is more like unsupported drivel, but maybe she had used a portal stone in the future, and so technically, she could say that she had never used one, but would use one...

This next quote also supports this. She says "As my father would have said, it's time to roll the dice" pg526

I thought that the only person to have said that in two thousand years was Mat and the Band, but they wouldnt be made for another year yet.

Nah, RJ has said there are no time travelers in series, just some that have stood outside of time.

I don't think there is any significance to the rest either... i think it was merely a way of allowing Rand to get near the portal stone to channel without arousing the shienaran's suspicions.

There was no significance to Moiraine's comment. She was choosing two Aes Sedai, one that she thought Rand had the most to be suspicious about, and one that she thought he had the least to be suspicious about. The point she was make was to trust no Aes Sedai, whether they seem suspect 'like Alviarin' or trustworthy 'like verin'. If anything her comments suggest that Moiraine concidered Verin to be the most trustworthy of Aes Sedai.

Why would she trust Verin especially?

She doesn't, she chose her because Rand does... at least more then any other.

The comment was a generality. The point was merely warning Rand not to trust ANY Aes Sedai... from the ones that seem suspicious (Alviarin) to the ones that seem to be helpful or allies (Verin).

Archived