DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

*Insert Important Character* sucks. I hate him/her/it.

zanotam

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's talk about how much we hate Loial. He is so annoying.
Yeah, he really needs to man up like Rand and Mat, and gain a complex about killing women.

I dont mind Asmodean, but I find his reason for going over to the Shadow to be the crappest thing ever. He went over to the Shadow so he be a musician forever? What kind of crappy reason is that for deciding to serve the Devil figure?
Isn't that the point? Demandred went over because he was second best, Mesaana was a graduate of the B movie school of villainy (she was a teacher, until she found a way to teach them all *evil laugh*), all of them were motivated by selfish, and often petty, reasons. Asmo wanted eternal life so he could live up to his early promise.

What I don't get about the forsaken is the fact that they don't seem to realize that if they win and DO breaks through, they won't get their eternal life. They'll be dead along with everyone else and Time itself.

Ishamael is the only exception, but he was bonkers long before he started using TP, IMO.

What I don't get about the forsaken is the fact that they don't seem to realize that if they win and DO breaks through, they won't get their eternal life. They'll be dead along with everyone else and Time itself.
How do they know they won't be getting it? How can they be sure of what Shai'tan's plan really is? Also, Shai'tan is their only chance of eternal life, or whatever they want, so they can take a chance and maybe live forever, or stick with the Light and face certain death.

I think that Elaida is the most despiteful character in the series. Not only she sucks at being Amyrlin, she has detroned and stilled Siuan for jelousy. Damn... she hated the girl since NS and she had an overall hate for wilders. And on top of that, one of the first acts as Amyrlin as... TO BUILD A PALACE?? okay.. let's get ready to Tarmon Gaidon, but first let me spend all our money and workers building a palace HIGHER THEN THE WHITE TOWER.

Bah... she had everything to be a good Amyrlin. But she is stupid, jelousy, pitty and selfish.

Damn Egwene, is not the best character, but she is 1000x better then Elaida!!!

Afterthought: Damn, Elaida even discarted Siuan's warnings about the Black Ajah... how stupid is she???

I think that Elaida is the most despiteful character in the series. Not only she sucks at being Amyrlin, she has detroned and stilled Siuan for jelousy. Damn... she hated the girl since NS and she had an overall hate for wilders. And on top of that, one of the first acts as Amyrlin as... TO BUILD A PALACE?? okay.. let's get ready to Tarmon Gaidon, but first let me spend all our money and workers building a palace HIGHER THEN THE WHITE TOWER.

Bah... she had everything to be a good Amyrlin. But she is stupid, jelousy, pitty and selfish.

Damn Egwene, is not the best character, but she is 1000x better then Elaida!!!

Afterthought: Damn, Elaida even discarted Siuan's warnings about the Black Ajah... how stupid is she???

And she dissolved an Ajah, LIKE WHAT IS THAT? And Egwene is 1000x better than anyone... ahem.

Yes, Elaida has absolutely no redeeming qualities and RJ did an excellent job showing how power can corrupt. But I have to say, I really enjoy reading her raging-alcoholic POVs. She was one of the most powerful Aes Sedai in the tower before the wonder girls showed up and dedicated her life to the light, but she managed to screw up so many times it’s almost laughable:

•She attached herself to the wrong ruling house of Andor

•Managed to become an Amyrlin on a technicality, tortured information out of Siuan, but still ended up with no Eyes and Ears and a Keeper who is a Black Ajah leader, essentially taking orders from a forsaken.

•Ordered the capture of Rand but ended up alienating him even more and losing a large number of sisters in the process.

•Sent 50 sisters to destroy the Black Tower and ended up having them bonded to the Asha’man instead.

I just love the fact that a twenty years old Egwene is outmaneuvering the mighty Elaida do Avriny a'Roihan.

Second post, so please don't blast me too much.

I can't stand Egwene.  The arrogance is outstanding. Before all is said and done with the last battle she's going to give Rand a lot of problems that he doesn't need. I know that she is on Rand's side; hid him in the women's apartments in Sheinar, tried to help him with channeling in the Stone, etc. But everything she does is like pulling good teeth. One time, it would be good to see her be told to do something, and she just do it. Instead of these POV's like "how dare he!" I'm gonna box his ears! Or wrap Mat up with air and search his apartment for the Amyrlin's letter.

On the other hand, I love Nynaeve.  Tai'shar Malkier!

Second post, so please don't blast me too much.

I can't stand Egwene.  The arrogance is outstanding. Before all is said and done with the last battle she's going to give Rand a lot of problems that he doesn't need. I know that she is on Rand's side; hid him in the women's apartments in Sheinar, tried to help him with channeling in the Stone, etc. But everything she does is like pulling good teeth. One time, it would be good to see her be told to do something, and she just do it. Instead of these POV's like "how dare he!" I'm gonna box his ears! Or wrap Mat up with air and search his apartment for the Amyrlin's letter.

On the other hand, I love Nynaeve.  Tai'shar Malkier!

I think you need to read my post on Egwene and I expect you to change your mind, thank you.

Man, I can just not stand the DO. I mean, he's got a total God complex, but he's really just a big loser. I mean, the guy has access to a miniature version of the OP and what does he do? He lets the Chosen use it! He could like turn a bunch of people into nigh Gods, and then bind them to him because, hey no super awesome drug aka channeling if you don't be my fwiend. I mean, Ishmael is more awesome than the DO!

I dunno. I sort of like the DO. I mean he is a pretty nasty guy, but I sort of sympathize with him. He's been locked up for a few thousand years and that can really work a number on someone. I think he's sort of the sad guy we're supposed to feel sorry for and RJ did a great job fleshing out his character. He brings a more humanizing element to the character pool I think it desperately needs.

Yeah, I guess. It just seems to me however that the DO is like Red Cloak or maybe the monster that lives in the shadows and then you've got someone like Ishmael who's Xykon, or at least way more bad ass. The only cool thing the DO does is talk in all caps, and someone else can do that (or the DO is an even bigger loser) as seen in book 1.

Robert Johnson?

Man, I can just not stand the DO. I mean, he's got a total God complex, but he's really just a big loser. I mean, the guy has access to a miniature version of the OP and what does he do? He lets the Chosen use it! He could like turn a bunch of people into nigh Gods, and then bind them to him because, hey no super awesome drug aka channeling if you don't be my fwiend. I mean, Ishmael is more awesome than the DO!

Hmm I dunno. I like the Dark Ones style, his plan of stealing the Dragon Reborn so the Light have no chance... I like it. What I dont like is the way the Dark One encourages his own to compete so "only the strongest survive." In other words, he makes his Chosen bicker and squabble and scheme against each other for his own amusement, his excuse being he will be left with only the best, and then he has the nerve to call Mesaana overly wasteful! Pros and cons either way I suppose, but its like RJ said; the Dark One isnt human and so he doesnt think like one.

Is someone going to tell me who Robert Johnson is? And will someone also explain why it is that people defend characters in a thread devoted to slagging them off?

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to announce that luftstark is a Darkfriend. I knew already of course, as I have a seventh sense for this kind of thing. (My sixth sense is for something else). Come on people, get the pitchforks and whatnot out, Ive got my torch in hand ready (its solar powered so we can still use it at night)

On the other hand, I love Nynaeve. Tai'shar Malkier!
As she was born in the TR, shouldn't that be tai'shar Manetheren?

Is someone going to tell me who Robert Johnson is?
Musician. Sold his soul to the Devil for his amazing talent, or so the legend has it. I The Devil remains silent on the subject.
I have a seventh sense for this kind of thing. (My sixth sense is for something else).
Seven senses? Lagging behind the rest of us. Normal humans have at least eleven, more depending on how "sense" is defined.

Man, I can just not stand the DO. I mean, he's got a total God complex.
Being a god does that to you....or so I've heard.

On the other hand, I love Nynaeve. Tai'shar Malkier!
As she was born in the TR, shouldn't that be tai'shar Manetheren?

It could be both, but I used Malkier because she's married to Lan, and raising the Golden Crane, and likely the new queen of Malkier. Would love to see a post TG book on Malkier.

Is someone going to tell me who Robert Johnson is?
Musician. Sold his soul to the Devil for his amazing talent, or so the legend has it. I The Devil remains silent on the subject.

Alton Brown,on Good Eats, did a story on Robert Johnson selling his soul to the devil to play the blues, apparently the "deal" included the bayou version of hot tamales which came from the Mexican version. Sorry for interrupting, just thought I would throw that in.

I think I like Tenobia. I know, she's had all of maybe 10 lines in the entire series. I don't know why but I love Saldeans.

For some reason I picture them as Asian.

too bad... most ppl agree that Tenobia is going to die soon... like any minute now!

and btw.. she seens like a hysterical bitch. and also... i don't think she qualifies as "important character" ... one could say she may be DF o.o''

I think I like Tenobia. I know, she's had all of maybe 10 lines in the entire series. I don't know why but I love Saldeans. For some reason I picture them as Asian.

I would say it's likely they are Asian.  Though not the 'typical' Asian Westerners think of.  They're likely based on the nomads on the steppes of Asia.  Same folk that Genghis Khan and the various waves into the Middle East and India came from.

I think I like Tenobia. I know, she's had all of maybe 10 lines in the entire series. I don't know why but I love Saldeans. For some reason I picture them as Asian.

I would say it's likely they are Asian.  Though not the 'typical' Asian Westerners think of.  They're likely based on the nomads on the steppes of Asia.  Same folk that Genghis Khan and the various waves into the Middle East and India came from.

Didn't RJ say they were a mixture of Russian and Monogolian or something. To me Saldeans are like the hybrid of the two. Thats how I imagined them at least.

I dunno. I sort of like the DO. I mean he is a pretty nasty guy, but I sort of sympathize with him. He's been locked up for a few thousand years and that can really work a number on someone. I think he's sort of the sad guy we're supposed to feel sorry for and RJ did a great job fleshing out his character. He brings a more humanizing element to the character pool I think it desperately needs.

Just a small little point. That really, should increase your sympathy for the DO. I think he's been locked up quite a bit longer than "A few thousand" years. :)

Archived