DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

*Insert Important Character* sucks. I hate him/her/it.

zanotam

On the other hand, I love Nynaeve. Tai'shar Malkier!
As she was born in the TR, shouldn't that be tai'shar Manetheren?
It could be both.
She has Manetheren blood, not Malkieri blood. So no, it couldn't.
Would love to see a post TG book on Malkier.
I wouldn't. It's dead, it should stay that way.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like Rand.  There I said it.  I've not liked Rand since the first time I read the first book back in the 90s.  I like most of the other main characters, but Rand is annoying.  If I have to read about his recital of that list of dead women (who apparently were incapable and too delicate to make the decision to fight for him themselves) and their accusing eyes (even though they volunteered and were generally his most forceful supporters) I might scream.  I didn't like Rand from the beginning, however, because he's too generic and heroic.  His faults are manufactured to be faults, unlike Mat who seems more natural to me (until he gained that 'I refuse to kill women' thing like Rand).  I didn't like Rand when he learnt he could channel and decided that everyone around him was trying to use him and was going to push him in some direction other than he wanted....when he never even asked what people wanted from him and thought about it logically...and then he let Selene wrap him around her little finger even though she was sooooo suspicious he never thought she was anything but wonderful for a really long time (despite her showing up every time something bad happened to him or around Darkfriends or not being able to find her in Cairhein).  Rand does all kinds of dumb things that make no sense.  Also, I have no idea why he puts up with all these women being so incredibly rude to him repeatedly, especially Cadusuane.  He needs to tell them to stop being rude and behave like adults instead of spoiled children.  Basically, I hate Rand and I hope he dies in Tarmon Gaidon.

Rand is my favorite character, and he always has been ever since I finished reading EoTW. Basically, I like Rand the best, but, I do believe that he will have to die in Tarmon Gaidon in order to save the world.

I HATE CADSUANE!!!!!!

OMG, why not jus have a heart to heart with rand and tell him what must be done

IF I WERE RAND IW WOULDA BEEN SMACKED HER IN THE MOUTH OR ATLEAST SOMETHING NOT COOL TO HER!!!

DAMN IS SHE ANNOYING!!!!

I HATE CADSUANE!!!!!!

OMG, why not jus have a heart to heart with rand and tell him what must be done

IF I WERE RAND IW WOULDA BEEN SMACKED HER IN THE MOUTH OR ATLEAST SOMETHING NOT COOL TO HER!!!

DAMN IS SHE ANNOYING!!!!

He tried, unfortunately his being Ta'Veren has really effed things up. I mean, it's not just chance that has channelers with massive potential showing up, and then you've got the strong wills, cadsuane, sorilea, and even kinda Sharina (there is just something amazing about a Novice who can even scare Aes Sedai!)

I dont have any characters dat I hate. Allright, some are pretty annoying (like Perrin, all the while nagging about not being a lord, loving Faile so much, willing to make a deal with the DO) but I dont understand the haters. For example: Faile, a much detested character. Come on, whats so bad about her? And Elayne? She is arrogant, but she's is the Daughter-heir (well, queen now), she has a right!

I'm  still hoping some fatal occurrence will visit Elayne somewhere in the last few books. If not, I'll add my own part to the epilogue, glue it in there and pretend it was always there, the icing on a cake.

I have to say I actually like all of the women who people tend to whine about. Maybe if I knew them in real life I would think differently, but as characters they are well done.

Archived