DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If I were to teach a class in the Lecture Hall, what would you want to learn?

Dwynwen

So, I've been thinking of teaching something in the Lecture Hall so the aspies will have more chances to get raising credit.  Out of the following list of topics that I know the most about, which kinds of things would you want to learn about?  I want to make sure I teach something you will want to take.

Psychology

Philosophy

World Religions

Mythology

Neuroscience

Astronomy

Dance/Performing Arts

Creative Writing

Fantasy/Sci Fi series

If there's something you've always wanted to learn about that falls under the above subjects, post about it here!  I'll teach about what seems to garner the most interest.

I demand quantum physics! >:(

>_>

<_<

Oh wait, I'm not a trainee. carry on then! *gives Dwyn a big thumbs up and wishes her luck she knows her Mentor won't need*

man, wish I could've taken a lesson from Dwyn when I was a novice/accepted. wait, would have to be accepted as we joined 2 days apart and she got raised a year before me >_> but this is a great opportunity, guys! I wouldn't pass it up ;)

Psych/ Neuro Sci

Its what you got your degree in wasn't it?

*is also a first year Psych major, so there's a slight bias there*

I don't care if I'm not a trainee, I'd still take a look :P

...Anyone  elsefind it funny that this one time all the seniors are clamoring for a lesson?

Yeah, why is that?  LOL!

Sham, I'm afraid you'd have to learn stair mattress body surfing from someone else.  Remember, I was in my room with the life-sized cardboard cutout of Orlando Bloom at the time.  :)

Rai, my doctorate is in clinical psychology.

So far, we've got psychology and neuroscience with the most votes, followed by astronomy.  Those who mentioned psychology and neuroscience, do you have a subtopic you want me to cover?

:o at Zasha!

• 2 weeks later...

Well one way to get more response would be to turn aroudn and face the board. now turn your head to the right look over your shoulder and grin. now bend your left knee slightly, and put your right hand on your hip so you kinda got the appearance of slightly turning. Now ask in a soft voice "any more suggestions". and hold that pose while we admire. oh oh forgot..make sure when you turn your head to look over your shoulder you get the whole hair flip in slow motion thing and lick your lips..

/tease

::) Sham!

I would like some more specific suggestions before I choose something, but if no one has them, I'll think of something and post a sign-up once the classes that are currently going in the Lecture Hall start dying down.

I was posting somewhee on the Brown boards, mentioning the Bloomsbury group, when Yeli corrected me on the spelling of some one's name.  anyway, we posted a few times and I found she was doing a paper on eugenics. 

That sounds like a topic we could all get our hands around, and Yeli can be your guest speaker, and you can get a better understanding of it yourself as you do the research and teach the class.

Archived