DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Worm Alert! Everyone update your computers

Desiree

there's hundreds of new worms/viruses/trojans coming out everyday Pol, don't worry about it, they just chose a random one every month to keep computer illiterates aware of the problem that is with us 24/7 (they usually chose a slow news day). Having all the latest updates is a must anyway. 

read an article that microsoft was coming out with an automatic update just for this one and mom told me it had officials that protect against this stuff worried because the people were watching everything they did.

yeah... stephen/ferathil got me this morning by taking the harddrive out of my computer and saying it apparently only attacks vista >_<

did you ever happen to check the number of updates Microsoft has issued since winxp? It's several hundred thousand... just to put it into perspective: 8 years since XP = 8*365 days = 2920 days. So, several hundred thousand updates in that time... let's settle for 292000 to have an even number, gives you: 100 updates per day. One extra update... big whoopdyda? Nope :p

Oh and, they're all DANGEROUS until the next one comes along, which is usually about half an hour later...

anyhoo, I've had one too many pranks today so I'm off for now. *needs to pull her head back together and goes to find the gauze/bandages to keep it together* oy... what a morning it's been already... though I was going to have to merge with RP side with my tinkers and had a fried hard drive before that! now stephen's saying he's gonna get fired if he gets in trouble one more time... bs...

read an article that microsoft was coming out with an automatic update just for this one and mom told me it had officials that protect against this stuff worried because the people were watching everything they did.

yeah... stephen/ferathil got me this morning by taking the harddrive out of my computer and saying it apparently only attacks vista >_<

I...haven't had automatic updates for a while now. Oh dear :-\

Archived