DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Wheel of Time' similarities of itself

mb

TEoTW was a book.  As was TGH.  As was TDR.  As was TSR.  As was TFoH.  As was TLoC.  As was CoS.  As was PoD.  As was WH.  As was CoT.  As was KoD.  As was NS.  As was the BWB.

I am therefore confident in predicting that AMoL will also be a book (or possibly two).

Too general.  Use adjectives.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TEoTW was a book.

As was TGH.

As was TDR.

As was TSR.

As was TFoH.

As was TLoC.

As was CoS.

As was PoD.

As was WH.

As was CoT.

As was KoD.

As was NS.

As was the BWB.

I am therefore confident in predicting that AMoL will also be a book (or possibly two).

:o

you just blew my mind!

I mean, sure... it's a wild and out there prediction.. but... if it's true.... Think of the possibilties!

TEoTW was a book.

As was TGH.

As was TDR.

As was TSR.

As was TFoH.

As was TLoC.

As was CoS.

As was PoD.

As was WH.

As was CoT.

As was KoD.

As was NS.

As was the BWB.

you just blew my mind!

I mean, sure... it's a wild and out there prediction.. but... if it's true.... Think of the possibilties!

If this was Theoryland, I would join this faction. *nods*

For mb, some adjectives: These are all long books, and most have bad artwork on the covers. My theory is that it is because the books are all written by the same author, and the covers are all drawn by the same artist, which if true, would be two more similarities!  :o

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

I would prefer for this thread to be as in-depth as possible.

Why? Generalisms are fun. Being specific is dull.

you just blew my mind!

Thank you.

I stand by it all. You saw it here first. The name is The Thin Inn Keeper *bows*.

If this was Theoryland, I would join this faction. *nods*

We're slowly gathering recruits.

Like any prophet, I was alone at the start, but now we have a small group.

To expand on the theory...

I am confident that, as before, AMoL will be... *drumroll*

Printed using .... ink.

On paper.

Generalisms are fun. Being specific is dull.

Actually, generalities tend to become dull faster than being specific.

Some similarities about some of Seanchan's creatures:

-corlm, grolm, torm, raken, to'raken; each used as transports

-middle 3 (grolm/torm/raken), their riders have prefix morat (morat'grolm/morat'torm/morat'raken)

-raken & to'raken, both fly

-corlm/grolm/torm, each are ground creatures

Some similarities about some of Seanchan's creatures:

-corlm, grolm, torm, raken, to'raken; each used as transports

-middle 3 (grolm/torm/raken), their riders have prefix morat (morat'grolm/morat'torm/morat'raken)

-raken & to'raken, both fly

-corlm/grolm/torm, each are ground creatures

Another similarity in Seanchan creatures: Grolm, torm, to'raken, lopar, corlm. All of these have the letter o in them. Coincidence, or something more sinister? When we learn that Ogier, Trollocs, gholam all share this trait, I think we must all realise that something is up.

• 1 month later...

Similarities between the taveren:

-Rand & Perrin: both have something that could endanger themselves (Rand, his channeling; Perrin, his wolfbrother ability)

-Rand & Mat: both have memories of dead people (Rand, just Lews Therin; Mat, a bunch of military leaders)

-Mat & Perrin: both have had an actual marriage (Mat, Tuon; Perrin, Faile), both have sometimes taken orders from others

Min, Aviendha, and Elayne have all done R-rated things with Rand.

Altara, Amadicia, Andor, Arad Doman, Arafel, Kandor, Saldaea, Shienar, Cairhien, Ghealdan, Illian, Muradny, Tarabon, Tear, Far Madding, Mayene, Tar Valon, Almoth Plain, The Black Hills, Caralain Grass, Plains of Maredo, and Toman head are ALL west of the Aiel Waste AND south of the Blight.

All the Aiel clans wear cadin'sor.

All female channelers embrase the source, all male channelers sieze the source.

Angreal and sa'angreal both amplify a channelers ability to draw from the source.

Mayene, Illian, Ebou Dar, Toman head, and the place where Bandar Eban are ALL peninsulas.

Cairhien and Tremalking both have powerful sa'angreal almost completely buried in them.

Each of the books ends with a Glossary.

Lan and the Aiel both fight primarily with a weapon, but are also skilled with fighting hand-to-hand.

Tear and Rhuidean both had twisted doorway ter'angreal...they both had numerous power-related items (as did the Rahad in Ebou Dar).

Logain and Taim were both false dragons.

Rand, Mat, and Perrin are all ta'veren.

Tairens and Illianers diets both consist of lots of fish.

The Nym, Avendesora, and Shadowspawn are all constructs.

If you take Avendesora, add an "i" after the "v," and change the "esor" to an "h," you get Aviendha.

Rand and Narishma have both held Callandor.

Far Madding and the stedding both prevent channelers from channeling.

Ok, I'm finally bored...

All the cities in Randland are built on the ground.

All places have a sunrise and sunset.

Wait, the sun is round like an o also!

If the stories are true, all Randlanders put their pants on one leg at a time.

Everyone has the same uncanny addiction to oxygen.

TEoTW was a book...

After a quick glimpse at my library, I would be bold enough to claim that they still are books.

Not for long. They evolve. Existance as a book ceases to exist yet I still havent figured out what triggers the evolution. My copy of Eye of the World suddenly became a bomb, which I sold to some guy with a wierd hat, and that happened on the thirtieth time I looked at the book in one day. Very wierd, since the day before that happened I looked at it twenty nine times and nothing happened. Dont ask me what happened to my copies of the Shadow Rising and Crossroads of Twilight... you wouldnt believe me

Cairhien and Tremalking both have powerful sa'angreal almost completely buried in them.

Actually "had" instead of "have", the one on Tremalking melted during the Cleansing.

Each of the books ends with a Glossary.

Except the Guide.

If you take Avendesora, add an "i" after the "v," and change the "esor" to an "h," you get Aviendha.

I guess you are trying to point out the spelling similarities.

Oh, my turn!

Cloud, Bela, Jeade'en, Red, Tai'daishar, Min, Aviendha and Elayne have all been rode by Rand al'Thor.

Egwene, Tuon, Fain, Perrin, Faile and Moghedien are ALL shorter than Rand. Then ALL of them are ALL shorter than Loial! AND they are ALL shorter than the WHITE TOWER!

Lan, Davram Bashere, Gareth Bryne, Artur Hawkwing and Olver are ALL either alive or dead.

Oh, my turn!

Cloud, Bela, Jeade'en, Red, Tai'daishar, Min, Aviendha and Elayne have all been rode by Rand al'Thor.

Egwene, Tuon, Fain, Perrin, Faile and Moghedien are ALL shorter than Rand. Then ALL of them are ALL shorter than Loial! AND they are ALL shorter than the WHITE TOWER!

Lan, Davram Bashere, Gareth Bryne, Artur Hawkwing and Olver are ALL either alive or dead.

I think you're using the term "rode" in too broad a sense. ;D

Actually "had" instead of "have", the one on Tremalking melted during the Cleansing.

But the melted part is still there...and we don't know if the WHOLE thing melted...

Except the Guide.

Since the BWB isn't part of the story, it doesn't count.

I guess you are trying to point out the spelling similarities.

What other similarity would I be pointing out there?

I LOL'd

Archived