DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Wheel of Time' similarities of itself

mb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TEoTW was a book...

After a quick glimpse at my library, I would be bold enough to claim that they still are books.

Fool! They are using the cloak of mirrors! It is an illusion! >:O

---

I think the reason they nation has the same name as a capital is that the capital city is in control of the land and thus is called as such.

Kings and Queens aren't exactly rare, especially in fantasy novels.

He didn't want to only have kings and queens, so he used High lords.

Daes Dae'mar is effectively a term for extreme politics.

The female ruler bit is definitely true. I've noticed Jordan gives a lot of power to women in the series, more than men oftentime.

Aes Sedai and Asha'man are groups COMPLETELY made of channelers, it would be really weird if their leaders weren't channelers. I don't recall Shara being ruled by a channeler, but I don't remember much about it in general so meh.

Min doesn't really 'know' the future, she just sees things. Foretellers can tell the future... yep, no arguement there. I guess I haven't read in a while, what is a dreamer? I guess I don't remember that part, Dreamwalkers can see the future?

I feel that most of what you pointed out doesn't really mean much, not meaning to offend, just saying.

---

Oh, I agree with Jethro, the names are very regional.

---

Wait, Seanchan can have a male ruler? That's pretty surprising, I totally figured it was another group in which women ruled everything and men did everything they told them to without question. There seem to be a lot of those.

---

Ooo, this talk of connections and the Ogier's 'longing' and how I watched an episode of House earlier today makes me think maybe it's like a drug addiction!

---

Jeez, didn't notice that before... there ARE a lot of O's in creatures' names! :O

---

I see now why the sticky said not to joke too often... like 1 person took this seriously. Not that I don't like the jokes, just saying.

Also, this is about similarities. If ALL of something is the same, they it becomes something to take for granted, like ALL Aes Sedai can channel, GASP!!!!!!!

Has anyone else noticed how cocky some people are in this series? There is a MASSIVE amount of people who love controlling people and will NEVER accept they are wrong, I'm not even talking about the bad guys.

If you take Avendesora, add an "i" after the "v," and change the "esor" to an "h," you get Aviendha.

I guess you are trying to point out the spelling similarities.

Yes - that's what he's trying to point out  ::)

Has anyone else noticed how cocky some people are on these boards? There is a MASSIVE amount of people who will NEVER accept they are wrong, I'm not even talking about the bad guys.
Can't say I have.

Archived