DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Various Issues

mb

One was about the Taint, I assume it was the Finns that told him about the funnel technique he uses at the Cleansing.

One was "How can I win the Last Battle and survive?" and the answer he got was "To live you must die."

Not sure the exact wording of the last one but IIRC it lead Rand to deciding he had to get the Seanchan on side.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One was about the Taint, I assume it was the Finns that told him about the funnel technique he uses at the Cleansing.

One was "How can I win the Last Battle and survive?" and the answer he got was "To live you must die."

Not sure the exact wording of the last one but IIRC it lead Rand to deciding he had to get the Seanchan on side.

The bit about the Seanchan was part of the question how to win TG and survive.

The north and the east must be as one. The west and the south must be as one. The two must be as one. If you would live, you must die."

No, we do not know what the third question was.

We know for certain that it was not about uniting everone behind Rand, that was the conclusion he reached at first from the answer to how he could win TG and live. Later, he realised his mistake, which led to his desire to get a truce with the Seanchan.

I browsed this thread for awhile looking for this question, then got tired of it and decided to post it, if it has already been mentioned then sorry.

Does anyone remember LTT, when talking to Rand once he mentions "The Other" voice. Do you think Lews had someone talking to him in his head in the AOL? If he did do you think you could consider him mad before the taint?

I browsed this thread for awhile looking for this question, then got tired of it and decided to post it, if it has already been mentioned then sorry.

Does anyone remember LTT, when talking to Rand once he mentions "The Other" voice. Do you think Lews had someone talking to him in his head in the AOL? If he did do you think you could consider him mad before the taint?

Most people believe it is Moridin, after all he will see Moridins face every time Rand does.

What was the weave Elza used to kill Osangar?  Certainly not balefire since the body remained.

From one of Rand's POVs, he was unable to mask any of his bonds.

If reciprocal bonding was possible, would both channelers be unable to mask the bond or would both channelers need to do it at the same time in order for it to work?

The Air shields, are people able to move inside them?

What was the weave Elza used to kill Osangar?  Certainly not balefire since the body remained.

Plain old fire.

Where is the exact quote for that? It would make the difference between masking being something only bonders can do, or it being something only channelers could do (which is what I inferred from Min).

The Air shields, are people able to move inside them?

Yes.

The third man is Moridin--this is confirmed in KoD.

No, we do not know what the third question was.

We know for certain that it was not about uniting everone behind Rand, that was the conclusion he reached at first from the answer to how he could win TG and live. Later, he realised his mistake, which led to his desire to get a truce with the Seanchan.

Ahh you were right, I didn't find anything about him mentioning the third question. My bad  :-\

Where is the exact quote for that? It would make the difference between masking being something only bonders can do, or it being something only channelers could do (which is what I inferred from Min).

Knife of Dreams Chapter 21.  From the passage:

Min had tried to teach him a trick called masking that supposedly could hide him from the bond, but he had never been able to make it work. Of course, she admitted she had never been able to make it work either.

The method Min tried to explain I imagine was the handkerchief technique that Elayne taught her.

Min had tried to teach him a trick called masking that supposedly could hide him from the bond, but he had never been able to make it work. Of course, she admitted she had never been able to make it work either.

The method Min tried to explain I imagine was the handkerchief technique that Elayne taught her.

Ah, cool. That would seem to imply that the ability to mask the bond stems from channeling saidar, or a result of being able to channel saidar. Interesting.

Ah, cool. That would seem to imply that the ability to mask the bond stems from channeling saidar, or a result of being able to channel saidar. Interesting.

ya i think so, in tPoD page 245 Elyas refering to his AS Rinda and how she fuzzes the bond "a fair number can fuzz the bond, in a manner of speaking. maybe they all can. you don't know much more than they are still alive "

than u have the black ajah in Andor talking about that also

all from the bonder's perspective and being a channeler , but as a side note it seemed Elayne couldn't keep her knot on Bridgette's bond to well  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The lily Rand left for Elayne after she (& Min & Aviendha) bonded him, did he channel it or found it?

'Daughter of the Nine Moons' seems to be the title for a female heir to Seanchan.  And her husband is titled 'Prince of the Ravens'.

Would a male heir be titled 'Son of the Nine Moons' or something else? And his wife be titled 'Princess of the Ravens' or something else?

Could using adams make it possible to go over the number limit in linking?

The sad bracelets, does saidin need to be at the collar & saidar be at both bracelets or would they work with any combination where there is both saidin & saidar?

In Eye of the World how did Lan & Moiraine know that Rand & Mat were in the room (of the Whitebridge inn)? And also how long ago?

The lily Rand left for Elayne after she (& Min & Aviendha) bonded him, did he channel it or found it?

My guess is he found it. He says he made flowers from feathers in tSR, but I don't know if they'd be so lifelike.

'Daughter of the Nine Moons' seems to be the title for a female heir to Seanchan.  And her husband is titled 'Prince of the Ravens'.

Would a male heir be titled 'Son of the Nine Moons' or something else? And his wife be titled 'Princess of the Ravens' or something else?

My guess is almost certainly yes. That being said there has not been an Emperor for hundreds of years. My question in return is do you think Mat will gain a new title when Tuon becomes Empress?

Could using adams make it possible to go over the number limit in linking?

No. The Black Ajah employ forced links and the number remains 13.

The sad bracelets, does saidin need to be at the collar & saidar be at both bracelets or would they work with any combination where there is both saidin & saidar?

I'd say the bracelets can only be worn by women--the functional ability of creating a link is involved, and only women have that.

In Eye of the World how did Lan & Moiraine know that Rand & Mat were in the room (of the Whitebridge inn)? And also how long ago?

The seeker she placed on the coins left a residue, she could sense it in place they'd been. Also Moiraine had the talent of reading emotions from things, like Nynaeve.

Nobody can shed any light on why Aginor and Balthamel aged while immortal then?
Immortal means you live forever, not live forever young. I'd say they were in remarkably good shape for gentlemen of more than 4,000 years.

They certainly seem to believe so, but the fact is the ten years of the war is not enough for them to age noticeably, and Aginor and Balthemel's ageing does stand against imortality. Maybe immortality is what he'll give when he's free, or maybe he's a filthy dirty father of lies.

Though it may be that the seals restricted the Dark One in some manner. Or that the Dark One's immortality in some way is influenced by the channelers access to the Power (Aginor does de-age when exposed to the power. Perhaps the Dark One simply uses that which makes a channeler slow to a greater effect).

And Ares does have a point about ageing not nessasarily causing death. Though that would suck heavily for the Forsaken and bring us back to the 'father of lies'. Which, of course, is completely plausible,

Archived