DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Various Issues

mb

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty easily actually.

You can 'morph' people in T'A'R, and Isam/Luc basically envision themselves as something and step out of T'A'R.

I basically think what happened is they were brought into T'A'R together Ishy merged them with his uber-OP-enhanced Will, and there you go.  The only remaining issue is his ability to step in and out of T'A'R physically without channeling.  I figure if you can make Shadowspawn you can give someone the ability to enter T'A'R through the OP and/or TP.

How can it be possible to link up Isham and Luc and make Slayer? It seems really far fetched, even for WoT. And Aginor not being around. Was it Ishy, or the DO himself that made the "operation"?

Maybe it was something like the Fain & Mordeth merge; one of them becoming a spirit like being then partially taking the other, and one of them had been given the ability to enter Telaranrhiod or the ability came from the merge.

When considering all the things the DO can do, re-cycling his followers, mess with the weather, spoil food, make whole villages melt into the ground, etc. You find a merging of two people to be far fetched?

It seems that the Dark One was personally involved somehow.  It may be that either Isam killed Luc or Luc killed Isam (probably the first) the Dark One was able to capture that soul (which we already know he can do) and stuff it back into whichever body was left, along with the previous inhabitant.  We really don't know the specific method, though.

When considering all the things the DO can do, re-cycling his followers, mess with the weather, spoil food, make whole villages melt into the ground, etc. You find a merging of two people to be far fetched?

At the time it was done, the DO could not tuch the world as he does now.

At the time it was done, the DO could not tuch the world as he does now.

That is very true, but not necessarily prohibitive.  In the Pit of Doom itself, some bit of him was apparently always able to affect the world.  Maybe he couldn't change the world's weather 29 years ago, but he probably could do funky things with dead people and people actually at Shayol Ghul.

So, if Isam killed Luc in the Blight (as seems likely) and then went to Shayol Ghul, to the Pit of Doom itself, it is possible.

Merging souls in one body is not impossible as we have seen in the series. However they can not change between bodies. Also going in and out of TAR in the flesh at will without the use of OP/TP is not your common thing.

This isnt your common DO funky stuff. This is funky stuff v.2.1

The Great Lord is not trusting. If he is to endow someone with such power as Slayer has, he needs to trust that they will use it only to aid him. It's unlikely that such people are very common.

Of course, that's only one possible explanation.

After the DOs success at making slayer, why has he not done this agian?

Just because it can be done, doesn't mean that it is simple or easy.  Perhaps one of the subjects has to have an innate connection to Tel'aran'rhiod.  Or perhaps there are requirements we don't know about.

And we have not seen to many other overly cool funky stuff from him, on this level

He can just barely get his metaphorical finger through a tiny metaphorical hole in a gigantic metaphorical wall.  You try manipulating souls with just your pinky.  ;)

The main purpose of Mat's medallion is to protect him from the One Power.  It also goes cold even when the weaves are not directed to him; how is that possible?  What is the distance limit for this (if it is known)?

It also protects his dreams; would that include preventing a dreamwalker from entering?

Would it also protect him from the Shadar Logoth evil if he were to posses the dagger again?

The headaches and bad dreams Egwene has been having, would both be a product of the One Power?  It seems that Arangar has been causing both.

My question of how Birgitte was ripped out, I think I might have come up with one possibility: Moghedien doing a gateway then used Air to push Birgitte out after causing Birgitte to be naked.  Might this have worked?

It also protects his dreams; would that include preventing a dreamwalker from entering?

Yes.

Would it also protect him from the Shadar Logoth evil if he were to posses the dagger again?

No. Why would it?

The headaches and bad dreams Egwene has been having, would both be a product of the One Power?  It seems that Arangar has been causing both.

For certain the headaches. Doubtful the bad dreams, though, they may be a byproduct of the headaches rather than intent on Aran'gar's part.

I figure that Egwene's dreams are basically the result of channeling, yeah.  Aran'gar wanted to be close so she could do subtle Compulsion on her.  I think that's why Egwene reversed herself on some of her viewpoints, due to being mind-screwed by Aran'gar.  We'll see if it reverses now that Aran'gar's gone.  She's at least as strong-willed as Morgase.

Achoo: What RAW said. :D

Though, I can't remember what caused Hybrid to say it. That may have been back when I participated in the Debates & Discussions board here. Back when I was having a rather masochistic streak, so I was annoyed for about a month or so constantly.

That may have been back when I participated in the Debates & Discussions board here. Back when I was having a rather masochistic streak...
What other reason is there for visiting D&D?

You're a religious fundamentalist?

That's really it. I mean, you're either a masochist, or a religious fundamentalist. (Or in the sad case of GQ, a turned religious fundamentalist who's gone in the opposite direction and is extremely anti-religion.)

You're a religious fundamentalist?

That's really it. I mean, you're either a masochist, or a religious fundamentalist. (Or in the sad case of GQ, a turned religious fundamentalist who's gone in the opposite direction and is extremely anti-religion.)

I think the religious fundamentalists are mostly masochists as well. And GQ is a part of the reason why you'd have to be a masochist.

Archived