DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMOL deaths??

sillyman

Who live die, who will live and why???

I believe Min is probably a gonna because of her proximity to Rand and her inability to channel or defend herself, sure she has her knives but her main defense is Rand.  When Rand comes back into the spotlight (if he does) she will be seen as an easy target by Rands enemies and a way to strike a powerful blow.  Plus it would be great to see how Rand reacts.

Cadsuane will die but probably from old age or perhaps saving Rand.

the three Ta'veren are safe with a question mark over Rand/LTT.

Taim is as good as dead killed by Logain for being a DF.

Lan and Nynaeve: one will die and the other will go out in a blaze of glory i.e. Lan charging an army of trolloc's on his own or Nynaeve OD on the power and annihilating Moghedien and quite a few BA as well.

most of Rand retinue, and his armies but few of the Band of the Red Hand by comparison,thanks to Mats skill as a general (I really hope that they storm SG with Rand, Matt and Perrin cause there awesome.)

Many trolloc's, fades, darkhounds and other nasties.

and with any luck Egwene and Gwayne will bite it cause there whiny and annoying.

i doubt egwene will die i think shell just become amyrylin.

Lan i think will die but i think he will  kill sooooooo many trollocs an fades first.

i dnt think any of rand's three girlfriends will die haven;t they all meant to have rand's kids.

i hate taim even before you knew he was a DF Logain i do like esepecially when him and Rand fght off like the big army of trollocs

Reasons why Min will die:

Plot wise it makes alot of sense.  Of Rand's three women she is definitely the one he is closest to, his functional girlfriend if you will, and her death would get Rand good and pissed off and ready to charge right up to SG.  Or put another way it would make Rand's battle with Shai'tan alot more personal.

Reasons why Min will not die:

Egwene had the dream about the three women at Rand's funeral bier whose descriptions clearly marked them as Elayne, Avi and Min.   This could indicate the Min is safe but on the other hand we don't know how literally this image should be taken.  The image could be completely symbolic.

Reasons why Elayne will die:

She was told by Min that she would live to see her children borne and ever since then has been running around all devil may care because she believes that she cannot die because Min's viewing are never wrong.  To me this seems to forshadow her death shortly after her children are borne or possibly even a death during childbirth.   Perhaps she will give her life defending her new borne children.  Having Elayne willingly give her life for her children would add a nice counter balance to her overconfidence in her own survival until they are borne.

Reasons why Elayne will not die:

Of course we have the whole funeral bier thing again.  Also RJ went to an awful lot of trouble to get her on the Lion Throne so it would seem kind of a waste to kill her off after all that.  Then again the most significant part of her leadership could be her guidance of Andor during TG thus while here reign may be short if will be worth all the trouble if it helps turn the tide during TG.

Reasons why Moiraine will die:

She has dedicated here entire Aes Sedai carear to finding The Dragon Reborn and preparing him to win TG.  It would be great poetic justice for her to go out in a blaze of glory in a final attempt to assure that Rand wins.   I know she is supposed to marry Thom and all but I think that the marriage might be part of the conditions of getting her away from the Finns.  

Reasons why Moiraine will not die

Seems kind of  a waste to supposedly kill her off and leave her out of the series for 6 book only to have her brought back and killed off again in the very same book.  Granted Min has said that she must be at TG in order for Rand to win so her rescue will not be pointless but still to the reader it would be kind of frustrating.

Nyneave:  RJ once stated that he has known the final scene since before he ever started writing and Nyneave is there.  Therefore, unless the final scene is Nyneave's funeral I think she is pretty much safe.  Also I don't think we are going to see Nyneave vs Moghedian round three.  For one thing that would be way too repetitive, they've had their battle and its over, Nyneave wins.   I think Moggy's final showdown will be against Egwene in TAR since each is a master of the dream world.   Nyneave's big showdown will be against Semiraghe I think.  This way we get dreamwalker vs dreamwalker and healer vs healer so it just seems to make more since this way.

Lan:  If anybody in this series is going to die it is Lan, I mean this guy has had tragedy written all over his face since the series began.  I think he will finally get to ride into the blight and die avenging Malkier just like he always wanted, though I think he will have left Nyneave with the next uncrowned king.  After Lan's death Nyneave will go on to become the next Cadsuane.

Thom:  I think there is a good chance that he will die.  His one big regret in life seems to be his failure to save he nephew who was a male channeler.  I think by aiding Rand he will finally be able to atone for this failure and will be able to die in peace.

Cadsuane;  I think she's pretty much toast.  She's had an increadibly long life and I think that life's purpose will be fulfilled in preparing TDR for TG.  Thus there will be nothing left for her to do post TG thus in the literary since it only make sense for her to die during TG.  And besides she has to go in order to may room for Nyneave (LOL)

Mat and Tuon:  These two are pretty much safe because RJ was planning to do a whole series about them occuring 10 years after TG.

Avihenda:  I think she is safe.  One of the Wise One dreamers predicted that she would bear Rand's children.  However, Rand and Avi last did the deed way back in book five and thus far she shows no signs of pregnancy.  With one book left I really don' think she's going to have time to to sleep with Rand again, get pregnant, carry the children to term and give birth before the series ends.  So if she is going to have time to have Rand's children then she's just going to have to survive the series.

Guest Dreadlord

Cadsuane aint dying, Moiraine aint dying, and lan definitely aint dying. Moiraine may already have died for all we know and somehow be reincarnated (Rand will fail without a woman dead and gone) and Lan is simply too obvious a choice for a main character to snuff out. No, Lan wont be dying. Cadsuane has too big a part to play yet, I doubt she will die, I reckon she will help Rand step down from his role somehow after Tarmon Gaidon, but none of that crap people keep saying about Narishma having Dragon duties! The Dragon is Rands soul, not Narishmas, and that means Rand will be the Dragon Reborn until he dies, comes back, and then dies again

Moiraine may already have died for all we know and somehow be reincarnated (Rand will fail without a woman dead and gone)

Rand will fail without a woman dead and gone

The above is Min's viewpoint. In her POV, Moiraine is dead. We know otherwise. So it is not correct to deduce that Moiraine may already have died and re-incarnated due to that.

I am interested in seeing how the writer brings about the individual fights, ie. our MCs vs Forsaken. It would be very difficult to make this happen. I mean, what are the chances of individual Forsaken come face to face with the various MCs during a tremendous battle? Unless they seeking each other out of purpose, of course.

Guest Dreadlord

The above is Min's viewpoint. In her POV, Moiraine is dead. We know otherwise. So it is not correct to deduce that Moiraine may already have died and re-incarnated due to that.

UNQUOTE

So does that mean she had a viewing that told her outright Rand would fail without Moiraine? Does Min know it definitely refers to Moiraine?

I always got teh impression that RJ did not enjoy killing off developed characters. The most developed character i can recall being killed off (outside the forsaken) were Nall and jak something (the white clock at ishys DF meeting). I would be suprised if more than one or two of the main characters were killed off.

Will have to wait and see of course. But given the original viewing min saw the main characters seem to all have to live for the light to win.

The subject of the Harem has come up hundreds of times on these threads and THERE IS A VIEWING, Min, Elayne and Aviendha cannot die until after the funeral of Rand, which will presumably be after TG, and there is a foretelling too though we don't know the time it references.

As for 1 on 1 fights we've seen the foresaken don't like competition so I think it fairly simple to get duels going.

So does that mean she had a viewing that told her outright Rand would fail without Moiraine? Does Min know it definitely refers to Moiraine?
What we have is this:
She had not really lied when he asked her what viewings she had kept back. Not really. What good to tell him he would almost certainly fail without a woman who was dead and gone?

-A Crown Of Swords, Into The Woods

Min sighed regretfully, but it was not as if she had really expected Moiraine to turn up alive. Moiraine was the only viewing of hers that had ever failed.

-A Crown Of Swords, Into The Woods

So she has viewing of Moiraine that has "failed" (Min doesn't know she's alive), and Rand will fail without a woman dead and gone, which she believes Moiraine to be.

As for who will die, Rand will be dead yet live, and I think Gawyn, possibly Egwene, Lan, Cadsuane, Fain, most of the Chosen. I think there will be a fair few deaths. After all, before this characters have still had a purpose to fulfill in the series, hence their continued survival. Once that's over and done with, why not kill a couple?

I honestly think that it's likely some of the main characters will die. I don't think, just because they have been spared up until this point, that that means they will continue after the Last Battle when their destinies have been fulfilled.

Oddly enough, I think the fact that Lan has tragedy written all over him is one reason he won't die in the Last Battle -- too obvious. I think he might live and then Nynaeve will get to live out a version of the little scenario she saw in the ter'angreal when she tested for Accepted.

Also, I keep thinking perhaps Faille might die. Why? Because all the way through Perrin has been given the choice between the axe and the hammer, and while it's obvious he wants the hammer, he's kind of stuck with the axe. I can't imagine Faille supporting any choice but the axe, can you? What if he chooses the hammer after she dies, in a moment of reverse psychology? "Violence didn't save her..and I hate it, so why do it?" Maybe a bit looney, but I guess we'll know in a year and a half!

I think Rand will die...but I think he will be reborn sans the excess baggage of extra lives and probably without the One Power. Then he can live on in obscurity with Min, who seems to be the love he would have chosen on his own. "Min always treats me the same....etc." Perhaps they'll have a cozy little cottage in Tel'aran'rhiod.  :)

I agree with the earlier posters that it would be kind of weird to bring Moiraine back for the last book only to kill her off again! But I also agree with everyone else that Cadsuane is a goner. (boohoo) But she will definiitely have fulfilled her purpose at TG.

I don't think Gawwyn will die. I think he and Egwene will eventually get together. Not sure how being first Prince of Andor is going to mesh with his duties as warder to the Amyrllin though! So arguments that he is going to die do have merit. Another possibility -- perhaps Elayne eventually accepts Galad as her brother and let's Gawyn off the hook so he can be with Egwene? That's a new thought.

I agree that Mat and Tuon will live on -- that much seems clear from RJ's hints and musings about future stories.

Just my 2 coppers.

Also, I keep thinking perhaps Faile might die.
The problem with this is Min's viewing of a broken crown around Perrin, the Broken Crown being the crown of Saldaea, and her being a couple of steps away from the throne. How can Perrin get the Broken Crown if Faile is dead?

Definitely alive: Rand, Elayne, Min, Faile, Perrin, DO, Aviendha, Mat, Tuon.

Most likely also alive: Nynaeve, Egwene, Moiraine, Thom, Loial, Gawyn, Galad some minors

Likely dead: All the Forsaken, Lan, Elaida, Taim, some others

I only put Lan where he is because everyone else thinks so. I actually expect him to survive. Feel free to add to the list.

I'm not getting why everyone seems to think Lan will die.  Nothing points towards it. Nothing about Jordan's style in writing the series speaks of tragic end for this character. 

Quite the opposite.  The story line for the last several books between Nynaeve and Lan has pointed towards her keeping him alive.  She's not keeping him alive to fight TG, like Rand, she's keeping him alive to be her husband.  Not much chance of that if he's dead.  With everything that has been alluded to in the storyline about Nynaeve's determination and stubbornness in keeping him alive, and then he dies...

Jordan, deep down, was a romantic, and I'm sorry, but Lan's death just doesn't fit.

This Lan-is-going-to-die theory is appareantly very popular... I myself has big trouble imagining Lan dead. It would be to expected, and to sad for me to take it^^

Lan has lived a sad, unhappy life, but now he's starting to feel joy and happiness with Nynaeve. I just don't think RJ meant to build up all that, giving him a purpose to live, and then just take it away by killing him...

Possibly deaths for me is more: Gawyn, Min(dunno why, just a feeling) Galad, possibly Rand even though I doubt it, and a few more lesser characters.

Also, I keep thinking perhaps Faile might die.
The problem with this is Min's viewing of a broken crown around Perrin, the Broken Crown being the crown of Saldaea, and her being a couple of steps away from the throne. How can Perrin get the Broken Crown if Faile is dead?

Ah...I had forgotten the Broken Crown was related to Saldea and was thinking it meant Manetheren. I am in the middle of a reread so haven't yet got to some of the relevant viewings. Thanks. Makes sense.

Pity though...I don't much care for Faille.  ;) Apologies to any Faille-fans!

Matt gets to keep Tuon.

Rand gets to keep Min, Elayne, and Avienda.

Perrin gets to keep Faile.

Gawyn gets to keep Egwene.

Galad gets to keep Berelaine.

Thom gets to keep Moraine.

Lan gets to keep Nynaeve.

Loial gets to keep his sweetie (or should I say she keeps him?).

Gareth Bryne gets to keep Siuan Sanche.

Matt's adopted ugly son gets to keep Birgette.

Leane moves back to Arad Domain and opens a massage parlor.

Logain comes in for a rub down and they pair off...all of their kids channel like someone who has been stilled/gentled.

The Guard-Lieutenant gets to keep Morgase.

The innkeeper's tough guy gets to keep his girlfriend.

The innkeeper finally has a massive coronary from all of those years of carrying around an extra person on his gut -- he's toast.

Bawler hooks up with a former squad leader of the Band of the Red Hand turned special agent for the Ever Victorious Army and they live gayly ever after.

Elaida seduces a young lad that she meets while scrubbing pots in the kitchen of the White Tower after Egwene takes over as Amyrlin...he is strangely compelled to marry the ageless but very young looking (from being stilled) older woman because he likes her accent...they honeymoon briefly in town at a cheap inn, then it's back to work.

Some of the Tinkers pair up with some of the Aiel and go through the glass columns of Rhuidean to become the new Jenn Aiel and thus the remnant of the remnant.

Everyone else is toast.

The couples listed above (except Bawler and his guy) are breeding stock for the fourth age...there has to be one so they can have quotes for this series.

Galad is toast
Nope Min has a viewing regarding Galad through another person... he is going to live most likely as there is not enough time for it to come to pass before TG.
This one?
“Well, she’ll [berelain] be snubbed up sooner or later. I saw nothing of any use to you. Just a man in white who will make her fall head over heels. Some women have no shame at all!

-Lord of Chaos, Thorns

Not much of an indication of his survival. Who says the man in white will be falling for her, or living happily ever after?

There's also the interesting choice of words here. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but you never know:

Galad wrapping himself in white as though putting on his own shroud.

- The Shadow Rising, What Lies Hidden

Emphasis mine.

Ya that one. I guess it is possible that Galad will die, but I doubt it. I'll stand by my 1 - 2 of the light side Main characters dying (7 original, Elaynes direct family). I suspect a few deaths of support characters, but not much else.

Keep in mind that Berelain has not seen Galad at all yet. So for Galad to die they would have to meet and Galad would have to ignore her and she would flutter around chasing after him. At least thats what I recall of how min finishes discussing that viewing.

Archived