DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where will everyone meet up before Tarmon Gaidon?

DuDZiK

I had a thought. Everyone - by whom I mean all the main characters: Rand, Mat and Perrin especially but perhaps the Ewgenes, Elaynes, Nynaeves etc - will presumably have to meet up just before or during Tarmon Gaidon (sp?) and I was thinking about where. How, it's been a while since I've read through the series so I will need reminding/correcting on a number of things, but this is my theory:

Mat has to find and rescue Moiraine; Rand has to meet and deal with Tuon as well as the Borderland armies; Perrin has to deal with Morgase and Damodred (sp?) and the White Cloaks; Elayne seems to just have to deal with her pregnancy ::); Egwene has to deal with Elaida and the civil war between the Aes Sedai; Aviendha is somewhere with the Aiel who are preparing for battle, and I believe they were sent into the areas close to where the Seanchan are (the land where Italrude is leading the Seanchan into a trap... Tarabon is it?); Nynaeve is with Rand; and Lan is gathering an army in the Borderlands. These are the things that the last book built up towards, and told us/implied should happen.

Now my theory is that all of these dealings will lead everyone to Tar Valon just before Tarmon Gaidon, and I will go through them by character:

Mat - Has to rescue Moiraine. He will go into the land of the Aelfinn and Eelfinn (man I can't remember names tonight...) through the Tower of Ghenji, I believe the name was. But where will he come out? I had thought that it would be the door that was being sent by Moiraine to Tar Valon, but then I remembered thats the one that melted when she and Lanfear went through it ::) Then I remembered there was another door... the one from Tear. Wasn't it supposed to be sent to Tar Valon as well (again, can't remember so someone feel free to clear that up). If it was, I suspect he with Thom, Noal and Moiraine will come out of the door in the White Tower just as the Seanchan are attacking it or maybe after the battle is over, but an even more significant conflict/event is unfolding. If he it was not, I still suspect that something will lead him there, possibly to fight against the Seanchan as he said he would or possibly to save Egwene (as he always seems to...) and/or Tuon (I suspect she will be in danger during the book, and will be rescued which will in some way lead to her kneeling to Rand as someone, if I remember correctly, had a vision/dream of).

Rand - has to meet with Tuon, as well as the Borderland army. I suspect that the latter will happen first, and as others have predicted will have some trouble with those thirteen Sisters that are with the army and whom we have neither seen nor know nothing of other than that they are there. I suspect that this will lead him to Tar Valon, likely alone and likely in captivity (Did Perrin not have to save him a second time?). And since I also suspect that Tuon will at some point be in Tar Valon, I find it extremely likely that the meeting she will have with Rand will be there. This will also reunite him and his party (Nynaeve, Cadsuane, Min etc.) with Moiraine and Mat and co. when they get there. Perhaps Moiraine's vital role in the Last Battle will happen at the very beginning, perhaps it is her helping him 'heal' that is her importance. Either way, whatever her importance is I see it happening at Tar Valon.

Perrin - Has to deal with Morgase and Demodred (sp?) and his White Cloaks. I don't see this as having to take up very much of the book, and as many have said (and I have picked up on just above) Perrin still has to save Rand another time, and I pretty much explained why I see him ending up in Tar Valon in my explanations for Rand. Yet here's the twist: I see him bringing the White Cloaks along with him (and Demodred obviously) to help fight the Seanchan and save Tar Valon. That's right, I said I think the White Cloaks will help save Tar Valon, and I think that was foreshadowed in the last book with what Demodred and his White Cloak captains said about the Aes Sedai. Perhaps they will agree, Demodred at first who will convince the other White Cloaks, to follow him because he defeated the Aiel and saved Morgase. Either way, his conflict with the White Cloaks - or rather their conflict with him will have to be solved before the Last Battle if they are to fight on the same side. I also see him possibly getting that crown of Saldea sooner than expected. The Borderland armies have in their company the queen (whose name, like many tonight, are on the tip of my tongue but elude me none the less) of Saldea and whom is looking for Bashere her uncle, and Faile's father. The former army also just so happens to contain some possible Black Ajah, so perhaps the queen will be a casualty in their kidnapping attempt (whether it succeeds or not) of Rand, and if Bashere is not as well he will still likely end up following with or even leading (depending on the fate of the queen) that same army to Tar Valon after Rand. So if those two die, Perrin will end up king with Faile as queen (no matter which is the de facto ruler, he will likely end up commander of the army along with his 'Manethern' (sp?) army) and that means he has to end up with that army at some point.

Egwene, Nynaeve, and Elayne - Egwene's obvious, because she's already there. The other two are equally obvious, because Tar Valon will likely have to be healed of it's split and all the Aes Sedai will probably gather together as the Last Battle is about to begin at Tar Valon. Nynaeve especially, because she has to confront Moiraine again. Perhaps Lan will end up there also, but because of his situation and self-perceived duty in the Borderlands I have trouble seeing him coming all the way down to Tar Valon unless someone Travels to get him.

Now of course all of these characters will bring others with them: Cadsuane, Min (and I already mentioned Nynaeve) will follow Rand to Tar Valon. I see Min having some important visions on the eve of Tarmon Gaidon, and I see Cadsuane in a quick battle of wills/meeting with Moiraine over Rand's 'situation' that Cadsuane is trying to fix and that Moiraine probably will succeed in fixing. Others include Logain, who will probably have to deal with Taim and the Black Tower, and who I also see leading the Asha'man into battle to help save the White Tower from the Seanchan and possibly merge them into one entity - man and woman, as it was before the Breaking. Laoil I also see leading a contingent/army of Ogier to meet up with everyone else.

Basically, I see all those individual characters with their storylines merging into the one epic event that will be an immediate prelude to the Last Battle: the attack on Tar Valon. Thoughts?

Could you imagine Egwene and Rand in the same room? 

She would be thinking him full of himself as the Dragon reborn but with her as the Amrylin Seat it would be the pot calling the kettle black. 

In my oppinion he deserves as much respect if not more than the Amrylin, after all it is he who has to shed his blood to save the world.

"And it shall come to pass that what men made shall be shattered, and the Shadow shall lie across the Pattern of the Age, and the Dark One shall once more lay his hand upon the world of man. Women shall weep and men quail as the nations of the earth are rent like rotting cloth. Neither shall anything stand nor abide...

Yet one shall be born to face the Shadow, born once more as he was born before and shall be born again, time without end. The Dragon shall be Reborn, and there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth at his rebirth. In sackcloth and ashes shall he clothe the people, and he shall break the world again by his coming, tearing apart all ties that bind. Like the unfettered dawn shall he blind us, and burn us, yet shall the Dragon Reborn confront the Shadow at the Last Battle, and his blood shall give us the Light. Let tears flow, O ye people of the world. Weep for your salvation."

There is a thread by Luckers on the Memory of Light plot.  I suspect the major stuff will fall out more or less as he predicted, but hopefully there will be a few surprises.  I believe the thread is called A Memory of Light Plot or something.

The true source:  Perrin is King of the wolves

One thing i have always wondered is what use perrin is going to be in the last battle.  I mean hes a great fighter and a decent general and tavvern but what else?  I mean is he going to call any army of wolves?

The wolves will be ther to fight the Dark hounds with Perrin to lead them

I can't wait to read A Memory of Light... there are so many plotlines to tie up!  All at once!  It's excellent!

Personally, I'm curious about but not particularly looking forward to Rand's meeting with Tuon.  He thinks he has to make a deal with her, whereas she thinks he has to kneel to her, which to her means she controls him.  Not going to be a fun time, though I'm curious as to how it will play out.

I think that when Iltrude smashes the Seanchan chasing him, combined with central Altara reeling from Mat's Campaign, Perrin and the Whitecloaks (And a good number of the Wetlander Gai'shain could be made in soldiers and Soldiers) and the troop build up on Western Illian of Aiel, Carahien, Tarens, Illianers, Legion of the Dragon, and Asha'man being the largest the world has seen 3000 years, a truce will sound mighty good to Tuon.

One thing i have always wondered is what use perrin is going to be in the last battle.  I mean hes a great fighter and a decent general and tavvern but what else?  I mean is he going to call any army of wolves?

They wolves refer to the last battle as the Final Hunt and they'll be ready for it. I suspect that Perrin will be the one sending the messages out to let the wolves know where to go. I suspect (and hope) that he will be marching with an army towards wherever Rand needs him (The Blight maybe?) while gathering the wolves all across the entire continent to his cause....

.....its a pretty sick image- him, showing up with tens of thousands of soldiers ready to fight, and even more wolves flanking them ready to join in the melee against the shadow spawn.

Good thread. Let's also not forget the Tuathuon (Travelling People). Even though I am excited for the action of the battles, I can't wait to hear the song that they have been wandering for so many years.

Some pople believe the song is the growing song sung by the [[Da'shain]] Aiel in the Age of Legends we read about in TSR CH 26

``He thinks he has to make a deal with her, whereas she thinks he has to kneel to her, which to her means she controls him.''

Actually he is supposed to kneel to ``the Crystal Throne''. That may just be a metaphor for kneeling to the Empress, or the actual Crystal Throne may be required. Any intuitions about that? (Recall that the Crystal Throne is a ter-angreal.)

On the other hand the prophecies (the real ones) say that he will ``bind the nine moons to serve him''. That's a bit stronger than just negotiating a truce, it at the surely implies that the Seachan forces will be under Rand's command, directly or indirectly (thru Matrim?---use of full name in context appropriate :-) at the last battle or even before, and it also suggests that the said command includes Tuon, as the sole remaining living member of the Court of the Nine Moons (and also the Daughter of the Nine Moons).

Is there possibly a trip to Seandar (via gateway) coming in AMoL?

Is there possibly a trip to Seandar (via gateway) coming in AMoL?

No. RJ revealed long ago that he had not planned any trips to Seanchan for Rand. And why would he? Tuon is in Ebou Dar, the Seanchan continent is in the middle of a civil war, and Tuons entire family are dead.

The part in the Seanchan prophecies about the Dragon Reborn kneeling to the Crystal Throne is most likely the result of someone (Ie ishamael) tampering with them.

``The part in the Seanchan prophecies about the Dragon Reborn kneeling to the Crystal Throne is most likely the result of someone (Ie ishamael) tampering with them.''

Sorry I was bit sketchy: I am aware that the version of the prophecies of the Dragon reborn that the Seanchan have was tampered with, and I should have distinguished the two more clearly in what I wrote (I suspect that the bit about ``binding the Nine Moons to serve him'' is <i>not</i> in the Seanchan version). I am not sure that Ishamael was the party responsible for Lothair (supposedly) heading off to Seanchan with a copy of the prophecies with the bit about the Crystal Throne, since the Seanchan empire did not exist at that point. I rather suspect that the modification was done after the empire was set up, by somebody in the Imperial Court.

Was the Crystal Throne an artifact of the Age of Legends or created by some Aes Sedai or other in the 2000 year chaos in the Seanchan continent before the founding of the empire? Was it, perhaps, created after the founding of the empire? This seems unlikely since it does not appear that the Seanchan know how to make ter-angreal, other than how to duplicate <i>adam</i>. [And how do they know that, anyway, and who does it? One assumes <i>damane</i> at the direction of <i>sul'dam</i>, but are we ever told?]

This seems unlikely since it does not appear that the Seanchan know how to make ter-angreal, other than how to duplicate <i>adam</i>. [And how do they know that, anyway, and who does it? One assumes <i>damane</i> at the direction of <i>sul'dam</i>, but are we ever told?]

I seem to remember when the Sul'dam was talking to egwene and said something about testing her to see if she could make adam.

the song that they have been wandering for so many years.

I am not sure but I think this is the song, as sung at the end of Tarmon Gaidon and led by the reincarted Dragon's gleeman, Asmodean.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GAxb72cssGE

``I don't remember the Crystal throne being a ter'angreal?''

This is mentioned in the discussion of the Seanchan in the Bodacious Whitebridge Book. :-). See the BWB, page 160, the section entitled ``Imperial Control''. The Crystal Throne is said to cause anyone who approaches it to experience ``immense awe and wonder''.

``I don't remember the Crystal throne being a ter'angreal?''

This is mentioned in the discussion of the Seanchan in the Bodacious Whitebridge Book. :-). See the BWB, page 160, the section entitled ``Imperial Control''. The Crystal Throne is said to cause anyone who approaches it to experience ``immense awe and wonder''.

That doesn't prove it is a ter'angreal though. If it were very impressive then I would probably experience awe and wonder too.

I think when Tuon does meet with Rand, that Rand, if he's smart, will have Perrin and Mat with him.  (All Rand has to do is think about his friend and open a getway off to the left.

She'll get caught up in a massive ta'veren swirl, poor girl won't even have a chance.  And she doesn't believe in ta'verenness.

Archived