DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

72 Books

I'd like to get some numbers... how many writers do we have out there?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. I'd like to get some numbers... how many writers do we have out there?

• I'm a professional, published writer
    • I've self-published one or more novels
    • I've written (and finished) several novels
    • I'm a writer and I've finished at least one novel
    • I write a little, never finished anything
    • I talk about writing... hey, I've got some good ideas at least
    • I met a writer once

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the great message board called Dragonmount.com. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

Ok, I really want this series to end, I need closure.[/b]

• 2 weeks later...

ROFLMAO... Your kidding right? Writing all the way through the full cycle of the wheel... We'd have to have him plugged in to cybernetic life preserving mechanics! It would take atleast another 100 years!

:)

That said, I would love to have this universe continue to be written about, even if the current plot line is finished up (which does need to happen.)

keep in mind though that RJ has said he is not intending to wrap up every plot and subplot he's introduced. There will be loose threads.

I think this series should stop after book 12 (though I really wonder how RJ would do that), but I hope there'll still be books of things like Trollok Wars (death of Shadar Logoth, ...); the Arthur Hawkwing; Shara; the capture of Seanchan by AH-followers; the Age Of Legends; and I could go on for another year this way.

I voted end it because I would like to see the end of the story line, whether its in 2 books or one massive one. I'd love if RJ would do what Anne Rice did and write other books told about non-main characters. Maybe publish the Karetheon Cycle as a companion book or The Travels of Jain Farstrider or even just novels on what happens after TG.

He's basically promised to end the series with a huge volume. I say end it with a rich 3000 page kickbuttathon epic finale. :D

Hmm, I wonder if it's going to cost us $50 to finish the series...Hech, why even mention it. I know I'll pay it *sigh*.

Gees, I did vote yes, let's get some closure to this story. The endless twisting and pitting of friends against each other because their toocrass to ecpalin themselves is frustrating. I only halfway finished with book seven and if I could just reach into the pages and strangle on or two like Nyneve or Elayne I would. if jordan continues on I myself may go crazy trying to figure out how to reach into the pages. Oersonally I think Mat has the right attitude. A most excellent story but sometimes I myself just want to leave.

• 3 weeks later...

It is what it is....the series is ending because it's time to end. Writing for the sake of writing would kill the series just as quickly. The time has come...but no worries mate! :) He's still doing 2 more prequels, and 3 outrigger novels.

• 1 month later...

I want it to end but I want it to end well. And when I say well I mean RJ (or whoever writes the next one for him if he isnt well enough) should make a full book out of Tarmon Gaidon. It would be a well good book. I am dying to see some of those epic fights like Dumais Wells, Rand fighting Asmodean in Rhuidean when he cuts that mountain in half, and stuff like that. Its those scenes that make the Wheel of Time so good in my oppinion

you just know this is gonna be one of those series that when it finishes you want it to carry on and on and on and on and on and on and ...ect, and so forth . wait no thats a lie i want it to carry on and on and on EVEN NOW. long may it continue. i hate having to stop and change author you have to get used to a hole new style and world and it slow you down for the bit between books. not sure where all this came from thats kind of scary

Am I the only one who wants Jordan to just keep writing 1000 page books without ending the series. I mean' date=' eventually around book 15 or 16 he would have to end, but I want him to go into excruciating detail for every one of his remaining plot threads.

Please tell me I am not alone here.[/quote']

No you're not alone, I could read them forever. Terry Brooks wrote the Shannarah books, and each series continued with the children of the characters from the first series - listening RJ?

I am in love with this series... and have quite the crush on many of the characters :oops: Which I am a little embarassed to admitt.. but hey I am talking to my fellow WOT fanatics! I would love for this series to just keep going if it could with out the story line suffering' date=' but that is just impossible. I mean we all have at least on movie that we love but hollywood ruined it by the endless supply of sequels. I love WOT but it has to end at some point. Although when it does end I think I will seriously cry. Literally.

All good things must come to and end.[/quote']

I'd marry Rand or Perrin tomorrow!

It's odd that you mention Terry Brooks in that he is now playing at the end and the middle of his own timeline. He just finished the Jerle Shannara books and now he's going back with Armageddon's Children to tie the Word and the Void series (Knight of the Word ect...) to the beginning of the Sword of Shannara.

It will be interesting to see how successful he is at it.

I can't believe that ANYONE would want the series to end.B ecause I've just finished reaing KoD, I'm now currently reading another three book long series( Drizzt Do'urden: Hunters Blade Triology Series). I still read snippets of RJ books in between my regular reading, lol.i dunno how a trilogy is gonna take me all the way till the m=next books, but then again I have two more lined up after it. I love the wheel of time series and I never want it to end!!!!!!!!!!

Archived