DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

72 Books

I'd like to get some numbers... how many writers do we have out there?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. I'd like to get some numbers... how many writers do we have out there?

• I'm a professional, published writer
    • I've self-published one or more novels
    • I've written (and finished) several novels
    • I'm a writer and I've finished at least one novel
    • I write a little, never finished anything
    • I talk about writing... hey, I've got some good ideas at least
    • I met a writer once

haha that is exactly how I feel! People whp got bored of "nothing happening" look at me funny when I say I would love it if the series never ended! The world is so rich there are infinite possibilities even without the main story lines! I hate to think anything will be left out and I enjoy every word too.

I couldn't take it. I need closure. I need to know how things end. I kneed that part of my brain back that's always thinking about loony WoT theories. I think that's the part of my brain that knows where I left my car keys...

I am in love with this series... and have quite the crush on many of the characters :oops: Which I am a little embarassed to admitt.. but hey I am talking to my fellow WOT fanatics! I would love for this series to just keep going if it could with out the story line suffering, but that is just impossible. I mean we all have at least on movie that we love but hollywood ruined it by the endless supply of sequels. I love WOT but it has to end at some point. Although when it does end I think I will seriously cry. Literally.

All good things must come to and end.

Guest Egwene

NO.............. I would like the present storylines to be resolved in their on sweet time and after that... just keep going with what happens in Randland...

I don't mind it ending but I want him to spend as much time on the ending as the rather mundane plot threads. That means a proper finish should take two books and be plot closure after plot closure with tons of action. Not yada yada yada politics politics politics sniff sniff raise eyebrow sniff Rand dies the end.

I absolutely love the Wheel of Time, but there has to be an end to the story some time. The last battle has to be fought. Sure, it would be great to have more prequels etc like New Spring, but there has to be a climax to the main story line, else it will become the same like many American tv soaps and series like Desperate housewifes and Lost, where there is no real conclusion.That would be a real pity. :roll:

Desperate Housewives and Lost have only existed for 2 years. They've had conclusions to a LOT of their plotlines during that time. They CAN'T come to any major conclusion (like the people leaving the island) because then the show would be over. Sorry, had to defend my favorite shows.

I have to agree with kadere, hadewy. The whole point of LOST is that no one knows what is going on. It is a show about seeking answers, not a show about obtaining answers.

Have at desperate Housewives. I play World of Warcraft on Monday nights. :wink:

I voted no, for the simple reason if he wraps it up too quickly it will end as badly as the Death Gate Cycle did for me. The final book in that series sucked.

There are soo many plots, events, fortellings, etc that have yet to be finished. If he spits them all out in one book it'll just be way to much. Ho9w many things are yet to be seen and done? (someone posted here a while back a List of all the things yet to be accomplished... it was rather lengthy.)

Id like to see post Last Battle books though, ones where they clean up their mess and get the world back in order. What their lives become after the Dragon defeats the DO.

I've voted for "Yes, please end it", even if I do really enjoy the world, because either you write Lore books or you write novels.

As a GM on the WoT RPG, I really like all the WoT lore details contained in the books, however as a fantasy reader I do tend to find them really over-burdened with details, and I do not recommend the books to casual fantasy readers.

And I am sure there are many novels to be written in the WoT setting with other plots as their focus... who asked for Lew Therin's story to be told? ;o)

I'd like to see TG over and done with. But it would be nice if he wrote novels about the aftermath of the Last Battle. I don't think the post TG will be like everyone (in WoT excpet Rand and the "Real World") thinks it will be.

Archived