DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Best Movie Soundtrack/Theme

Myndrunner

Chris Cornell came up in my American Idol Sucks recap ( ::)gratuitous plug ::)) and I got into a debate with some friends about weather Cornell was relevant or not.  Then it led to Soundgarden vs Audioslave and what have you......*

Anyway,long story short, we got talking about Bond Themes.  I feel that Chris Cornell's "You Know My Name" is the best James Bond opening theme around.  Immediately, my associates chimed in with Duran Duran's "View to a Kill", Garbage's "The World is Not Enough", and Tina Turner's laughable "Goldeneye."

So, I am turning to the Seachan! What is the Best All-Time Movie Theme song out there? 

My vote: "I'm Allright" by Kenny Loggins from Caddyshack!

Big Girls Dont Cry - Dirty Dancing... ok so all of Dirty Dancing is good.  I won't ever admit that again.

Other complete soundtracks I like - The Big Chill, Moulon Rougue, Pulp Fiction, Once, Chicago...errr.... there are more that elude me.

Best song from soundtrack

Highway to the Danger Zone - Top Gun

Bohemian Rhapsody - Waynes World

In Your Eyes - Say Anything

Shout - Animal House

The crow soundtrack, Queen of the damned soundtrack, Nightmare before christmas soundtrack

Some of the best series/movie songs:

1.Lilium from the opening of Elfen Lied

2.Inner universe from Ghost in a shell:SAC

3.This is the day by The The from the last scene of empire records

Many more but I can't think of anymore

Highway to the Danger Zone - Top Gun

Emp, I have had Danger Zone stuck in my head for like a week, and I have not been able to figure out why. I don't think I've heard it in years, but it must have been used in a commercial or something recently and infiltrated the subconscious. It just blew my mind that you mentioned it here. *laugh*

Lord of the Rings- a spectacularly brilliant soundtrack which went so beautifully with the film. Howard Shore developed a stunning score. I think the emotion of the films owes a lot to him. Fantastic stuff. I think he set a real standard too, which can be seen in films like Narnia and Stardust. :)

• Community Administrator

Just to be a jackass, I'll say the soundtrack in the movie 'The Lepracaun' and 'Highlander 2' had the best sound track. :P

What scares me is that you probably think those are the best...

Nah, though the only one on that list that would even be close to serious was highlander, if only becuase Queen > All.

Well, except of course, Pink Floyd ≥ Queen > All.

Archived