DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Murder in a Small Town - Game Over

bcxanth

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accusations fly throughout the day, as the chief watches on from the door, a look of grim death on his face.  Finally though, with very little evidence to back it up, mostly just gut feelings, a majority decision is reached.  Six people point their fingers at Moir, and that's enough for chief bcxanth.  Walking forward he pulls out his gun, and before Moir can say a word, he pulls the trigger and Moir falls over dead.  A quick search finds a couple of personal items that had belonged to the chief's brother.

Moir, a murderer, has been brought to justice.

Illiara has confirmed her participation by PM so will continue in the game.  There has been no response from Ura, so Ura will not continue with the game.

All those with night actions, please send them to me now.  Night 1 will end tomorrow at 8pm EXT.

You are woken abruptly in the morning to someone pounding on the door to the room you were assigned, and shouting from the hallway.  Blinking the sleep from your eyes you stumble out into the hall and there are greeted by a horrible site.  Mayleigh is dead in the hallway, bruising around her neck indicating she was strangled.  A search of her belongings finds a card, on one side the emblom of the Masons, and on the other side scratched the time of a meeting that placed her away from the ranch at the time of the murder.

mayleigh, an innocent Mason, has been killed

Active Players: Barm, Naeann, Jaydena, Tig, Danya, Tharen, Wes, Illiara

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.  Day 2 ends Sat at 10pm EST.

Ok, here's what I got so far:

Voted for Moir:

Me

Nae

Jay

Tig

Danya

Wes

Did not vote for Moir:

May

Moir

Illaria

Tharengore

Illaria was late coming to the game, May and Moir are both dead, so that rules them out. Which leaves my top suspects in this order:

Tharengore, we know he was here, and he didn't vote for Moir, which pretty much any mafia person who was new to the game would do unless instructed otherwise, which, if Wes is evil, might rule Tharen out, but no counting on that.

Wes, he closed the vote, long after it was obvious Moir was going down

Tigara, nothing in particular that stands out, I'm just reading suspicious vibes from him.

So, money where mouth is proverb dinger, Vote: [glow=red,2,300]Tharengore[/glow]

Tig: Anything to add to this game? Or just gonna run around looking suspicious? You are acting like you feel awfully guilty about seeing May die.

Illiara: Please expand upon this, I'm curious to see what your thoughts are.

Everyone else: Post dammit! We have a very short time limit!

I pretty well agree with your rundown there Barmy.

Right now Tigs and Illiara jump up on my suspicion scale.  It's typical Mafia behavior to act all broken up over the innocent. (that you just killed)

And I don't quite understand how May's murder complicates the game.  If they had picked ANYONE else we would have more than likely quietly lynched May because of her odd behavior and the fact that she wouldn't vote for Moir.. who had several votes on her at this time... yet said she wanted to move the game along.  So now we can refocus our efforts and maybe actually Lynch another mafia instead of what would have been a wasted lynch.

Wes... you scare me because I don't suspect you... seems that should be a flag on someone in your case but I'm going to hold off still and hope if you are evil more evidence comes up.

Brilliant observations Danya!

OK - I'm going to make a classic "Wes" post and undoubtedly get myself lynched, but here it goes:

1. Mayleigh made herself look guilty by trying to pull the vote away from Moir. She then had a bad explanation for that move and quickly became the most suspicious player in the game. Except for the fact that it was way to obvious.

2. I was surprised to see her night killed at first, but then I saw the logic behind it: It would have been easy to lead a lynch against May, but then whoever did would look guilty when she was innocent.  Instead, treat her like a confirmed innocent and then there are few leads as to who may have done this.

All of this flashes through my razor sharp mind as I read the the morning scene........then......

Barmy pops up with an anti-logic post.  There is no point to this post really, except maybe to kind of cement the idea that May looked suspicious, but wasn't, and what in the world could be going on!.....

3. Then we find out what's going on. Barm follows this post with a suspect list, ending in a vote for Tharengore. 

In these games, it is the mafia's job to subtly lead the group as far from themselves as possible and towards the innocents as much as possible. How's this for subtle: I suspect that we are looking at a sacrifice play because Barm was the first vote for Moir. Nae was next and Barm even cover's for her in his second post. Why be the first two votes on Moir? So that they could both claim that it was 1.) random and 2.) why would they vote for one of their own? Because, it is an excellent cover and is a ploy that has become known as "The Kivam Gambit".

I'd like to get some feedback, so does anyone else see this or have I had too much rum?

We do need to post and vote! Deadline is in less than 30 hours!

I've thrown out a theory - I have not voted because sometimes I see things one way, but then see them another after everybody else has commented. So comment!

And remember that the evils won the shipwreck game because nobody was really voting. The deadlines would roll around and it was easy for the evil team to get innocent players lynched with just a few votes, not a majority. The best way for us to win is to get everybody plying, posting, and talking. That's when the evils tend to lay low and they are easier to spot.

As I have been out of the loop for a bit but reading and catching up...I think I will toss my vote in for....

[glow=red,2,300]Danya[/glow]

For simple reason that the bad guys seem to point fingers quicker then anyone else at times to protect themselves...

Heh. Nice.  Now I'm thinking that Barm might have been on to something. To vote for somebody based on a reason and then use that same reasoning yourself is often a nice cover. That, and voting for someone who voted for you seems defensive.

[glow=red,2,300]Tharen[/glow]

Hmmm I don't know... I'm starting to think maybe Dpr is mafia.  I just don't trust you anymore hehe.

In light of keeping it to those already voted on... neither of which seems overly suspicious to me... I'm going with [glow=red,2,300]Danya[/glow].  She's been rather quiet but shes experienced at this game.  That often means a low lying Mafia.

I don't yet know Tharen's playing style or how often he has played Mafia before so I'm more inclined towards Danya.

Hmmm I don't know... I'm starting to think maybe Dpr is mafia.  I just don't trust you anymore hehe.

That's what happens! When you're evil, all you have to do is lay low and everybody is all like "I trust DPR because he seems like he's very chill about the situation". Then, surprise! I'm evil. But in the cases where I'm really trying to figure out what's happening and throw out a few theories because there is no clear information, then everyone is all "Whoa! I've never seen evil like that before! Could DPR be more evil? No!!" and then I'm not evil....

Vote where you must compadres, but beware the low-layers ad those who would make it look simple....

Archived