DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Super Bowl

Haxorsist

So, who do you think will the Super Bowl, the Patriots or the Giants? I guess the real question is can the Giants beat the Patriots? :P

I'm not really in the know, cus I've only been watching the NFL for a couple of months, but the Patriots are quite impressive.

Anyone wanna bet what the score will be? Loser has to watch the newest Uwe Boll film?

Funny unrelated anecdote. A friend of mine was in the U.S. recently and I dared him to go around the streets alone in some of the more dangerous neighbourhoods of Washington, D.C. wearing a Giants cap. He never turns down a dare, and he said he'd never been as afraid before. It probably wasn't dangerous but he said he got some really nasty glares. Crazy bastard. ;D

Saw the topic, couldn't help jumping in.

To be honest, I'm not a big football fan; I only go out of my way to watch at this time of the year, and then it's only so I can find out who'll be interrupting my commercial breaks.  However, I do have some slight interest in this Super Bowl for one reason: I'm a sadist.  Yes, that does translate into this.  It doesn't matter to me either way, but it'd be hilarious, from my twisted view, to see the Patriots come out of this season with a record of 18-1.

• Community Administrator
Anyone wanna bet what the score will be? Loser has to watch the newest Uwe Boll film?

As much as I'd like to bet, I'm not going to risk having to subject my self to that kind of torture!

Remember what I said about american idol? Yea...

Funny unrelated anecdote. A friend of mine was in the U.S. recently and I dared him to go around the streets alone in some of the more dangerous neighborhoods of Washington, D.C. wearing a Giants cap. He never turns down a dare, and he said he'd never been as afraid before. It probably wasn't dangerous but he said he got some really nasty glares. Crazy bastard.

Should dared him to wear a Dallas Cowboys hat... one second though... they may have killed him then...

I'll predict a 27-21 Patriots victory... thought that's unofficial.... (I'm not watching Uwe Boll... *shudders in disgust*

• 2 weeks later...
Hehehe you're just mad because they beat the Panthers, by a field goal.

I don't think anyone quite understands quite how torn I was about that game. Panthers are my #1 team and the Pats are my #2 team.... so I was angry that the Panthers lost.... yet I wasn't that angry because the Patriots won.

I was so confused... ??? :-\ :-\ ???

*eyes Boyo*  You can't be a Panthers AND a Pats fan. 

Yeah Seggie, mad they beat my Panthers in the Janetbowl.  We had them beaten and played a great game. 

I hate the Pats.  I hate Tom Brady and his snear.  I was jumping around when the Giants won.  Thank goodness a NFC team finally won the Superbowl again!

Really?

Ok once upon a time there were two football leagues in the US.  They combined to make one national league.  The winners of each conference (the two old leagues) meet up once a year to play in the Superbowl to determine the best team of the year. 

• Community Administrator

*eyes Boyo*  You can't be a Panthers AND a Pats fan

No matter the teams, how can you support more than one?

Ok, american "football" is not a real sport, but still...

Real fans only have 1 team!

Having 2 teams, means that if one of your teams is sucking, you can root for the other team. Thusly you never can say 'your team' sucked.

Fortunately, it isn't nearly as bad (and loathed) as those who support only the winning team, and will constantly switch there 'favorite' team based upon those who have the greatest chance of winning, whatever national/international 'game' of the year. (aka, superbowl for NFL.)

So basically you have 3 grades of fanatics.

1 Team, True Fanatics

2 Teams, Untrue Fanatics

2+ Teams, or whomever is winning, Fake Fanatics, deserve a lynchin.

And yes, Fan is derived from Fanatic. So don't tell me your not a fanatic if your a Fan of anything. ;)

Muhahahaha.

You can be a fan of multiple teams and still be a true fan. 

For instance in Basketball my Team is the Lakers.  I will cheer for them above all others.  However, there are also a lot of other teams like the Suns and the Clippers that I will still root for as long as they are not playing against my team. 

A true fan will stick by their team and cheer them on no matter how much they are losing.  They will yell at the coach and staff when they see bonehead moves being made.  They will argue every little decision that is made in regards to trades and hirings like they own the team.  None of this means they cannot root for another team.  Especially when your team isn't even playing or being effected by the outcome of a game.  Or perhaps even more so when their fate does depend on it.

Archived