DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darkfriends Named and Shamed!

Leafburner

Luckers: How the heck do you think King Roedran is possibly Demandred? I just really dont see that as a possibility at all based on what we know of the forsaken and also what we know of Demandred.

Lets see..first of we know Demandred always strives to stand in the forefront based on when we see a Forsaken meeting and he gets described as "trying to stand taller when Moridin comes in" because he cant stand being considered less than anyone else. So why under the Light would he run around as a ruler that has no power at all - to the point that he needs Talmenes and the Band to unite all the nobles of his country behind him?

Second.. the whole goal of the forsaken is "Let the Lord of Chaos rule" still, so why would he be uniting a country instead of sowing discord and strife?

Third.. King Roedran pays the Band a whole crap load of gold to use them to unite his nobles behind him, enough to pay like 15k+ soldiers for a year. I just really cant see a forsaken having to do that, we havent seen a single forsaken in the series have to pay for "services"..just compel Talmenes a little and he's got the Band.

Forth.. I just really cant see Demandred being all retarded about the "Fog of War" book by Comadrin and making a gift out of it to Talmenes.

So, once again, I just really don't get how you can see King Roedran as possibly being Demandred. Enlighten me?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this has been hashed out in another thread that I missed, but what is the deal with Sheriam? In CoT, (I think, I'm just too lazy to get up and check for the exact reference) she gets pretty badly thrashed by someone in 'the hall' but she has made me suspicious of her allegience at other times too. Has anyone heard what her deal is? Or is this just an Aes Sedai thing with nothing to do with darkfriends?

Guest Harso

It has seemed to me that sheriam is being tortued for information by Halima. but that doesn't make much sense even to me.

edit: it seems i saw a sheriam POV in which she was wondering who this woman was who she couldn't see the flows of. That's why i was thinking halima. and please don't slaughter my grammer.

Guest cwestervelt

I've always thought it was Lelaine. She pretty much believes she rules the Blues in the same way she thinks she should rule all Aes Sedai. "That girl" or whatever it was exactly she said also fits with her attitude towards Egwene at the time.

Someone posted that maybe Taim slowed. I didn't know men could slow?! Is this pretty much common knowledge now?

I think Sheriam is a DF. Ever since the gray man incident at the Tower. I used to think Verin was a DF too but now I think she's just not bound from the three oaths. And being Brown she might've stumbled across the information that the oath rod can unbind as well. They mentioned her age at one point... I think it might've been how long it had been since she'd made a mistake... it seemed pretty long. I mean, Cadsuane still makes mistakes although very few. She's got the ageless look though but I haven't figured that out yet.

It has seemed to me that sheriam is being tortued for information by Halima. but that doesn't make much sense even to me.

edit: it seems i saw a sheriam POV in which she was wondering who this woman was who she couldn't see the flows of. That's why i was thinking halima. and please don't slaughter my grammer.

I remember that Egwene stopped asking for Halima to help her with her headaches at some point, so she had to get information from someone who was as close to Egwene as she used to be.

That person was Sheriam, who also had connections with Chesa.

All Black Ajah keep the ageless face because they swear a new oath. This is mentioned in one of the later books when Seaine, Pevara, and the rest break Talene. Talene forswears all her oaths.

Also I think Cadsuane is not a DF because all the things she has been thorugh to stay by Rand.

Ruffio:

Ya, men slow; if you think about it, it makes sense. Women slow from using the one power, so why wouldn't men? Anyways theres a quote somewhere from an interview with RJ saying men slow, I'll find it and post it.

Well, maybe its not from an interview, but the way it is written I'm assuming it is. I saw this on the wotmania site in the FAQ that they have, based on most else about the site I'm assuming it has validity, hopefully i'm right ^^.

Jordan: "Taim has slowed, but one thing I am not going to reveal it in the books, so I’ll tell you, men slow later than women do. And yes, he has slowed, and he is in his late twenties, yes his late twenties."

http://www.wotmania.com/faqtopic.asp?ID=84

It's down at the bottom of that link^ if you want to see for yourself.

• 2 months later...

Alanna, it's been rumoured since the very first time Egwene met her, just seems right that the one who forced Rand to bond would be working for the DO.

Nice chaos there, kill Alanna and Rand goes even further off the deep end (unless his other 3 bonds help keep him from going suicidal - like Lan's bond being passed) or kill Rand and watch Alanna go uber emotional again and have her lash out at everything.

i agree with luckers on this...

if reodan isn't demandred (and i really hope he is...the boys have been circling that territory for sooo long now, it just seems right) then he's going to have sold his soul somewhere along the way. if he isn't demandred then he's a major proxy!

I dunno. I doubt Roedan is Demandred, simply because of Talmanes comments at the end of KoD regarding "Mat's book". Apparently Roedan thought reading it would make him a great captain - Demandred would probably not allow himself to be though less than a great captain.

I think even if Leliane and Romanda aren't DF's then they will still cause problems for Egwene and by extention the Light. I mean those two didn't exactly treat Theodrin and Feialaine nicely, Leilaine much as admitted using the power in some form on Feialaine. I for one could also see them, especially without Egwene, countenencing accidents for some of the more powerful novices there, like Sharina.

Also Demandred is either with the Borderlanders or all the Aes Sadei with them are Black cuz some major compulsion or something must be going to make them abandon their lands. I mean the only King left in the borderlands is Lan and he is King of a dead country. So one of the two possibilities must be true.

As for Rhoedran having to use the Band to unite the Nobles around him, if he is Demandred, then I say compulsion only works so far and he is trying to unite not divide the land. Dividing is much easier, remove key pillars and the structure collapses. I don't remember what else is on it's border except Andor but a united Mirandy could cause damage to Andor especially since Andor has only lately gained a Queen and while theyre fighting Mirandy Andor cant send troops anywhere else.

Do or do not there is no try---Yoda

Well, given Romanda's reaction to the discovery of Halima's murders in the camp, it is unlikely that she is a Darkfriend. As for Lelaine ... I don't really know, but if she was, you'd think Halima would have worked through her instead of Delana. Lelaine is clearly in a stronger position, and would have been mroe useful ...

Moridin might not post the Black Ajah membership list and newsletter in the FS coffee shop. The FS (including Moridin) like to play games and keep secrets from one another. Perhaps Halima didn't know that Lelaine was a DF (as I, too, suspect). If she (Lelaine) isn't Black, she's at least a cutthroat, ambitious problem looking for an Egwene to happen to. She'll cause problems in the last book. After KoD though, I kind of like Romanda. :?

If she (Lelaine) isn't Black, she's at least a cutthroat, ambitious problem looking for an Egwene to happen to.

Oh, I definitely agree with that.

Keeping the Tower split is Mesaana's plan, and Mesaana had unimpeded access to Alviarin for a long time. If there was a Black Ajah member in a better position to help Halima, Mesaana would have passed that little tidbit on, in all likelihood.

I think Lelaine is just ambitious and unscrupulous.

Im a newcomer to this website, so im not going to pretend that i know as much facts as the rest of you, but hear me out here.

Everybody is claiming that Taim is a darkfriend or demandred. Now, RJ came flat out and said Taim is NOT Demandred. However, some are starting to say that Logain is, in fact, a darkfriend.

Where is the obvious?

Logain as Demandred?

Simply an inverted, tied off Mirror Of Mists webb would accomplish this.

No evidence, just pure conjecture. But still...

Guest cwestervelt
grandpoobah: Im a newcomer to this website, so im not going to pretend that i know as much facts as the rest of you, but hear me out here.

Everybody is claiming that Taim is a darkfriend or demandred. Now, RJ came flat out and said Taim is NOT Demandred. However, some are starting to say that Logain is, in fact, a darkfriend.

Where is the obvious?

Logain as Demandred?

Simply an inverted, tied off Mirror Of Mists webb would accomplish this.

No evidence, just pure conjecture. But still...

Don't look for the obvious. After 11 books of the series, anything that is obvious should automatically raise questions about validity.

I won't say Logain is a Darkfriend but I can see him being proven to be one before I can see Taim being proven to be one. Taim falls into what I consider the "way too obvious for RJ's writing" category and virtually everything about his actions can be explained as ego making him susceptible to being duped. Logain appears to be a good guy, almost too good, but there are just too many questions concerning his motives and his future glory to ignore.

Taim is a darkfriend, in my opinion. Indeed, I would go as far as to say its obvious. The final scene of KOD cannot be explained by Taim acting alone for self interest, not with the Lord of Chaos reference, Moridin's colours and Sammael's sign. It just doesn't work. Logain as a darkfriend seems unlikely, though I wouldn't mind it, could be a good plot twist.

It is time for me to shatter your world my dear friends...Perrin shall turn to the dark this I am possitive of. He is now sooo obsessed with his precious Faile that when it turns out that she became a darkfriend, likely from Galina (her hatred is masking the truth, and maybe she hates that Galina was higher than her) Perrin wont care and will follow her blindly to Shayol Ghul where he will give up his soul to remain at her side. He will ultimately die in a passionate fight with Rand (or perhaps Moraine apon her return) when he/she kills Faile when she is unmasked.

Also Logain is certainly not Dred. He hates LTT and was isanely jealous of him so he would not stand idly by as his subordinate. Proof of this I bilieve is in KoD when LTT snatches the TS from Rand and uses unknown weaves. Logain follows and to a weaker extent. However the contrary is in that same chapter when he seems agitated when he admits that Rand is holding so much more than he...so I dunno. I still dont think that is possible, he was gentled and no way would a Forsaken go through that. SO maybe at the utmost he can be a darkfriend but I dont think so.

I dont member her name but The current WT Mistress of Novices is certainly a darkfriend. and of low ranking but a DF non the less. She will probably be employed by Messana to try and turn Eggy. There is quite the opportunity that she wont be able to ignore for long.

Lastly is Mat. He is no darkfriend but no follower of the light either. He does what he thinks is right and no more. I think that in AMoL we will see that clearly when he refuses to help the WT when its attacked by the Seanchan. That will be odd to see if when that happens whether the tower will have reunited yet or not. If not, the battle will be short, they seanchan expect AS in the Tower not at its feet.

*Breathes*

*Ahem*

*Cackles...Fear what we do not know!!*

Archived