DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darkfriends Named and Shamed!

Leafburner

I think it's common knowledge that in AMoL we are going to discover that characters we have considered to be Light friendly for the entire series will turn out to be Darkfriends.

So here's your chance. Put your money where your mouth is. I'm looking for your predictions. Who will be revealed to be a Darkfriend in AMoL?

My prediction? Verin.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone thinks Taim, becuase half the world thinks Taim is Damondred or is being controlled by him.

In all honesty, i don't believe that there will be many more Darkfriends revealed. There will be more, many more, but few or none that we know already. RJ has built up most of the main characters' storylines up enough that there is little room for a gap that big. However, if someone had to come out, I honestly think Verin might. Don't forget, she almost poisioned Cadsunae, which sort-of goes against the whole cannot-kill oath. She could rationalize it the same way one of the Red sisters did (I forget which) Rand has to survive until the last battle so the DO can beat him there.

Guest Majsju

Smoosh, there is no oath against killing. The oath is to not use the power as a weapon, but using poison is perfectly ok.

And when being on that specific occasion, Verin is considering poisoning Cads, until Cadsuane flat out states that she is on Rand's side.

Verin is a huge mystery, but no way she's black.

As for who'll turn out to be a DF...I would not be very surprised to see one of the Aiel we know to be revealed as one.

I actually think its required for many of the aiel wise ones to be Darkfriends or we're gonna have a very skewed last battle, numerically speaking. Possibly some of the clan chiefs... it actually strikes me that a darkfriend would have more ease surviving the collums because they have already betrayed the aiel way of life, a second time wouldn't distraut them as much... which is not to say i think a lot of them are, but meh.

As for others, i think it will be interesting to see the blacks amongst the Aes Sedai... i personally think there is another in the sitters of Egwenes hall... though not Lelaine, she's too obvious. I think King Roedran, if he isn't actually Demandred, is a darkfriend. Maybe one of the borderlanders, or the Aes Sedai with them... i think there must be some biggness to when they actually meet Rand, and an assasination attempt resulting in the death of Tenobia and Bashere seems very likely to me. I suspect the end of Suroth wont be the end of darkfriend problems for the Seanchan either.

Maj is right, there is no chance Verin is a darkfriend. We have povs of her contemplating and confronting Forsaken, we have the poison attempt that wasn't, we have the fact that she compelled Elza (the red sister you mentioned--she's actually a green) and all those others to make sure they want rand to survive to the last battle, which is were her justifications come from... theres the fact that almost all the big players have been at her mercy throughout the course of the books... no she aint black.

Smoosh, I don't think many people still think Taim is Demandred, or controlled by him for that matter, given osan'gar and they fact that they seem to be issueing orders without awareness of each other. I think Taim IS a darkfriend though, so its sort of moot.

Yeah, as Luckers pointed out, I wasn't saying Taim is Demondred, I just think he's a darkfriend. Some people believe we don't have enough evidence yet to make that claim, and I think by then end of AMoL we will know for sure.

And Luckers, I love the King Roedran comment! I think he could be Demondred, and I'd love to see my prediction turn out correct. :D

I think Taim is tied to Moridin somehow instead of Demandred. Remember the POVs at the Black Tower with him in a red and black uniform?

My best guess is Moridin has claimed him as a new forsaken, and that he was the one who told Slayer to kill Rand.

I think Shadar Haren, not Moridin... Moridin doesn't have the power to make Forsaken, and i just don't think he acts as he might if he knew someone else with a chosen mark exists in KoD. I also think that Forsaken or not, Darkfriend or not, Taim is playing his own game to a certain extent. Oh, he may be loyal to the dark one, but i think he's still his own agent.

The problem with RJ's good guys, is that its hard to imagine anyone in power as a Darkfriend since we know and like them to a certain extent. We've met pretty much every figure of power in the lands, aside from Roedran--the lesser characters, like the Tairen High Lords, i could believe it of, but none of those who have true power. I would almost be gratified by a dark friend who we like... like, Melaine turning out to be a darkfriend, or that Andoran lady... whats her name, the one supporting Elayne... i just dont see it.. All the darkfriends to date have been characters we are emotionally distant from to begin with. Its why i originally liked the idea of Thom being a darkfriend (by originally, i mean back in the Eye of the World days, i dont know if you remember but RJ went to quite a lot of eefort to throw doubt upon Thoms motives and actions...) we actually liked thom, and for him to be a darkfriend would have been... well written. But as it is most of the characters in power we know and like, or are distant from and dont actually have too much power.

Kadere, me too man, me too.

By implication isn't Tarmon Gai'don the battle of the last three millenia?

And yes, Taim would want power. Likely thats all he wants. Taim has displayed a lack of long term planning. His plans seem to be much more of the short, and blunt type.

Taim will reveal himself as a DF, or be revealed, yes. Looking forward to the battle of the Black Tower. It'll be interesting to see how many of the Asha'man Taim's got on his side.

Other than that, some AS will turn out to be black, and definitely som Aiel.

"All his cronies". Mishraile and all the boys are all darkfriends. That's why I don't understand why Taim is up there in the rankings with the chosen- he commands 40 bad boys and the chosen are just unto themselves.

Someone is going to betray Rand. Who better than this darkfriend?

How about Avi, who is absolutely frickin mad that she had Rand only once while Elayne and Min have him every other night?

Avi, the near spurned woman channeler. Avi, the new Lanfear.

Oh, and Bela is a darkfriend.

"All his cronies". Mishraile and all the boys are all darkfriends. That's why I don't understand why Taim is up there in the rankings with the chosen- he commands 40 bad boys and the chosen are just unto themselves.

Someone is going to betray Rand. Who better than this darkfriend?

How about Avi' date=' who is absolutely frickin mad that she had Rand only once while Elayne and Min have him every other night?

Avi, the near spurned woman channeler. Avi, the new Lanfear.

Oh, and Bela is a darkfriend.[/quote']

Elayne only had Rand once, as well...

J

Ohh.. Ohhh...... Lan! Lan is a darkfriend!!!! Now wouldn't THAT make Nynaeve pull her braid right off her head?? And then she'd turn to the dark too and they'd raise happy little darkfriend babies ad tell them all about how they knew the Dragon Reborn and the Empress's little boy toy and the Wolf King and how she used to spank their bottoms as children when they were bad.... just like she still does since the DO gave them to her and Lan as servants when they won the Last Battle.

:P

High Lord Wieramon is one. Not sure if anyone laid out the proof of this already. Probably since its fairly obvious. Other than him I cant come up with anyone. Most of the charecters are just too hard for me to believe that of.

Wieramons so innefectual it doesn't really matter anyway. Rand knew that, and propped him up to fail. I don't really see a problem in him... Oh, and i think you are right though. He is a darkfriend.

Heres a thought, what about Zaida? The new Mistress of the Ships of the Atha'an Miere... i could see her being one, and doing some fairly serious damage before she is removed. And i mean, honestly, SOME of the darkfriends have to be in position to make trouble for the light. And we know that Zaida's going to be replaced sometime anyway...

Taedawn may not be so crazy, I think Lan is a darkfriend.

Before you flame my head off just check out WH: 'A lily in winter' when the three girls confront Rand.

The only people in the room are: Rand, Elayne, Min, Aviendha, Nynaeve and Lan. This is where Rand tells Nynaeve that he intends to cleanse Saidin and gives her the two keys to Chedan Kal.

Then in 'Wonderful news' - the very next chapter, Moridin’s bit of fluff (Cyndane) is telling the Forsaken all about Rand’s plan – how did Moridin/Cyndane know so quickly?

Think about it … right from EoW the bad guys always show up around Lan. Maybe he was set to watch Moirane, maybe he was set to watch Nynaeve (or maybe fell in love with her by chance and it was used when Moirane bit the bullet)

Even further, Moridin says in PoD (or LoC) that he plays both sides of the game … maybe Moridin is Lan!

maybe it's not so insane - what a blast huh?

Biabeli

The bigger the belly, the louder the laugh.

But in descriptions Moridin doesn't look anything like Lan, and if he was Lan why wouldn't he have killed Rand by now? Or at least tried to get him to the DO. Why protect Rand?

And how could he be a Forsaken if he was alive LONG before the Forsaken were released?

Yeah, I'm not buying this one. Sorry.

Moridin no kill Rand because he is playing BOTH sides untill the last battle - lost of pointers to this.

Looks? Those who can channel can look like what they want if they know the weave.

Alive long before - there are a few mentions on Moridin having many lives - just like Rand.

The Na'blis is the DO's version of Rand - they both keep getting reborn.

Make sense?

Wieramons so innefectual it doesn't really matter anyway.

Unless of course all that is a cover. Think of what he has cost the light. He got a bunch of people killed trying to retake the stone to no avail. He set back negotiations between the rebels and darlin. In a POD he almost got Rand killed when he chased off after Seanchan he claims he saw moving around the ridge. He is constantly snipping at both the aiel clan chiefs and later the illianers stirring up resentment and discord. And yet Rand has never punished him for all this, why? Cause rand thinks he's just an incompitent. What if in fact he uses incompitence as a veil and is in fact very very clever.

Moridin knows because of Osh'agar (or however you spell it). Its in one of the chapters after the battle with the seanchan. Rand tells the 5 Asha'man that are with him about how he plans to cleanse saidin. One of whom is a forsaken.

Aside from a couple of generals being revealed as darkfriends. The only other possible reveal that would have major implications would be Cadsuanne (who likely isn't a DF anyway).

Archived