DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you watching?

Emperor

Best new TV show this season - Castle.  The writers are just wonderful on this show.

I'm loving Castle.  Originally I had planned to watch it because I love Nathan Fillion, but I didn't really have high hopes for it.  But both the murder mysteries and the witty dialogue are way better than I expected.

I thought Changeling was great, too, though I don't know if I could ever watch it again.  But yes, it was a nice change to see Angelina Jolie doing something other than playing a super spy/assassin/gun-toting fighter.

Right now (instead of writing my lit paper ;) ) I'm watching an old favorite - The Three Musketeers..  I haven't seen in it years.  I forgot how funny it is.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caprica:

BSG fans you will not recognize this straight to DVD movie as part of the BSG universe except for a robot that has a few scenes and that you are in Caprica City.  I found the movie entertaining and somewhat interesting to see how the Cylons came to be, but other than that the movie fell a little flat.  This is no BSG mini series which blew me away.  However I am still interested to see how the Caprica show moves on from this movie which will be basically replace my need for Terminator which Fox is sure to cancel.

I give this a hesitant 3 out of 5.

Watched Oklahoma! for the first time.  Decent movie, if you like musicals.

And for some reason, my mom got hooked on Dollhouse when she visited my brother.  So, now I have another show to watch with my mummy.  Do I not get any shows by myself?

And I haven't seen a single episode of Smallville since Christmas.  So far behind, but what do you do when you only have 2 recording spots on the TiVo and 3 shows at the same time?

Mad Max, was pretty awesome yeah, last scene was harrowing. Gooo Mel Gibson!

7,5/10

The Great Buck Howard. This was a weird movie. I liked it though. Malkovich brings the goods and he loves this town. Funky seeing Tom Hanks play the dad to his son's character. Such meta. 8/10

I saw Wolverine last night, so I spent today watching the X-MEN trilogy.  I hadn't seen the first one in a really long time.  I have to say, the second one is really the only good one.

Saw Human Nature, which I found to be excellent, as I think anything touched by Charlie Kaufman is (the writer! HE'S A SHINY GOLDEN GOD!). Anyhoo, interesting themes, lovely direction, quirky humor that hit my funny spot, nice acting AND a man who thinks he's an ape. 9/10!

In the last week I have watched:

Quantum of Solace - 80

Newest Bond

Sex and Death 101 - 55

Guy gets emailed a list of all the women he's slept with and all the women he WILL sleep with.

Say Anything - 75

Classic John Cusak flick about high school romance.

Keeping Mum - 65

British comedy (?) about family life and convenient murder.

Hot Fuzz - 85

British comedy about big-town cop in a small town.

State and Main - 75

LA bigshots come to film a movie in a small town.

YPF - 80

Comedy about sex and love.

Let the Right One In - 90

Neat Swedish vampire flick, but not the usual vampire action movie.

Penelope - 70

Fairy tale about a girl cursed with a pig's snout finding love for herself and with her "prince" charming.

Some episodes of Mythbusters - 85

It's been a big week for me and movies, I guess.

I've Never Seen Star Wars on BBC iPlayer. This started off as a radio show, but has moved to TV. The host Marcus Brigstocke invites people to try new things they have never experienced before and get their reaction to their experience. A thoroughly enjoyable programme.

Archived