DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite Actor Versus Tournament Round 1

Emperor

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first off i have to say it is relly relly sad that so many people dont know who jimmy stewert and jaohn wayn are.  only the two best cowboy actors of all time.  on a site that is aimed primarly at people who like electronic entertainment too. :(  to those of you who dont know them, go out tonight and rent the man who shot liberty valance, the shootist, or she wore a yellow ribbon.  some of the best oldtime cowby movies ever made.

as to my vote ive got to go with col stewert. anyone who can make that manny good movies and be a lt col in the air force, serving in WWII and korea is a true hearo.  sam l sucks but crack so i will have to go with russ for the second one.

true he did do a lot that wherent westerns, but he did a lot of them too, including two wich where on turnur classic movies eralier today with john wayn.  the shootist (johns last movie) and the man who shot liberty valance.  which are comonly thought of as two of the best westerns of all time

they also had mr smith goes to washington on which is a great movie for learning how our goverment works

So it looks like we have two more winners moving into the next round.  Sinister also tried to start a right in campaign for either a beer or a founding father of the USA.....

I will post the next round after my morning meeting....

IronCross - yeah, Stewart was in westerns, but he wasn't a "cowboy actor" any more than Robert Redford is because he did Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid; Stewart is known for his other characters much more than his westerns (unlike, say, John Wayne, or Clint Eastwood, who can legitimately be called "cowboy actors" IMO)

Without doing an official count and eyeballing it, Connery has all the votes thus far and is the clear winner.

Before we move on to round 2, is there anyone else that you feel should be included.  It doesn't have to be a match up, I have a few people that can still compete.  I just don't want to forget anyone.... 

• Community Administrator

Clearly [glow=red,2,300]Sean Connery[/glow], if only, because of highlander.

*Btw, that thing about Samuel Adams, I was making a refrence towards chappels show, where he calls Samuel Adams, Samuel Jacksons, and start trying to act like 'Samuel Jackson'.*

I probably should have added some cuss words in there like 'buy my motha F***in beer! :P

No worries Cads, Cusak will be in the next battle (need an even number). 

For this one, I think I am going for.....  wow this is tough..............

Bacon:  Almost every movie known to man.... but really the ones he had major roles that I can think of.... Stir of Echos, Apollo 13, Tremors, Footloose, The Air Up There *shivers*, Mystic River

Hoffman: Rain Man, Wag the Dog, Meet the Fockers, Tootsie, The Graduate, Hook

Ummm..... Bacon is a great supporting actor so I am going with [glow=red,2,300]Hoffman[/glow] 

Archived